Elite 8 And The SEC - Page 2 - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Elite 8 And The SEC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Billy D time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate to piss in the cornflakes, but the SEC was absolute garbage in non conference play, and that includes Kentucky and Tennessee.

Based on early non conference play, all those other leagues have usually deserved the bids over anyone from the SEC.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 29 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Spending most of this tournament in a bourbon and beer induced haze.

Cats should be playing the Vols tomorrow.  Refs jobbed em at the end yesterday.

Definitely a lame call at the end; it was the right call, but they never call those inside 10 seconds like that... they typically let 'em play it out.

Of course, had they called that out of bounds play correctly where Maymon quite obviously touched it last, that 50 million Americans saw in slo-mo and agreed on, they'd have never gotten to make that lame call at the end... I think UM was up 5 and would have been shooting foul shots on that in-bounds if called right.

View PostJoeGator, on 29 March 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

I hate to piss in the cornflakes, but the SEC was absolute garbage in non conference play, and that includes Kentucky and Tennessee.

Based on early non conference play, all those other leagues have usually deserved the bids over anyone from the SEC.

Unfortunately, a whole lotta those teams didn't make their bones in OOC play, but by beating up their conferences.

Countless 1st and 2nd round exits among that group against supposedly inferior conferences... the most obviously overrated was the Big East and more specifically Georgetown, who bowed out early and often despite their reputation as one of the BE juggernauts.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 29 March 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Definitely a lame call at the end; it was the right call, but they never call those inside 10 seconds like that... they typically let 'em play it out.

Of course, had they called that out of bounds play correctly where Maymon quite obviously touched it last, that 50 million Americans saw in slo-mo and agreed on, they'd have never gotten to make that lame call at the end... I think UM was up 5 and would have been shooting foul shots on that in-bounds if called right.

Unfortunately, a whole lotta those teams didn't make their bones in OOC play, but by beating up their conferences.

Countless 1st and 2nd round exits among that group against supposedly inferior conferences... the most obviously overrated was the Big East and more specifically Georgetown, who bowed out early and often despite their reputation as one of the BE juggernauts.

Georgetown is the absolute worst.
They are afraid to fire JTIII because he'll sue them for racism of some sort.

Notre Dame were choke artists too.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 29 March 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Georgetown is the absolute worst.
They are afraid to fire JTIII because he'll sue them for racism of some sort.

Notre Dame were choke artists too.

I know, you could say it about several BE teams. The problem was that they had 16 teams in that conference, at a time when 12 was considered a lot, and because it was mostly considered a basketball conference, with many of the schools not even fielding DI-A football team, it was automatically assumed they were dominant in basketball even though a lot of their wins came from cannibalizing the bottom of their own conference and those wins were given more cred than was deserved.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm tired of being bitter all the time

Go Gators and Cats
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Congratulations Gators.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh and congrats to Kentucky on their win yesterday.

Vandy's a tough baseball team,good win.

yep,

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Congratulations Gators.
Thanks dude.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Congrats, Gators! Great game! Keep rolling!
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 29 March 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

The Maymon play is what I was referring to.  Congrats on the W Gators.  Hope we join you this afternoon.

Edited by PuddingTime, 30 March 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 30 March 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

The Maymon play is what I was referring to.  Congrats on the W Gators.  Hope we join you this afternoon.

You said UK should be playing the Vols, but the refs jobbed them. The only questionable call against the Vols at the end was the charging call against Stokes with 5 or 6 seconds left.

The Maymon play was before that, and it didn't job UT, it jobbed UM. Maymon knocked the ball out of bounds, and the refs called it out on UM.

Then they went to the slo-mo replay that showed millions of folks, beyond all doubt, that Maymon had touched it last; and they still gave it back to UT.

Then UT kept stealing the ball and got the score to within 1. If Stokes hadn't been called for the foul and scored there instead, it would have been the worst screw job by officials in the modern history of the tourney.

Gotta give UT credit, though, it wasn't their fault the officials nearly screwed UM, and they did one helluvan impressive job battling back to within 1 in only a few seconds.

I was laughing my ass off cause I didn't care if some B1G team got screwed, and when I saw Stokes get the ball I thought for sure they were about to pull off the most amazing comeback in tourney history... even if it did all start on a terrible and incorrect out of bounds call.

Oh, and thanks for the 'grats, and good luck today.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 30 March 2014 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 30 March 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

You said UK should be playing the Vols, but the refs jobbed them. The only questionable call against the Vols at the end was the charging call against Stokes with 5 or 6 seconds left.

The Maymon play was before that, and it didn't job UT, it jobbed UM. Maymon knocked the ball out of bounds, and the refs called it out on UM.

Then they went to the slo-mo replay that showed millions of folks, beyond all doubt, that Maymon had touched it last; and they still gave it back to UT.

Then UT kept stealing the ball and got the score to within 1. If Stokes hadn't been called for the foul and scored there instead, it would have been the worst screw job by officials in the modern history of the tourney.

Gotta give UT credit, though, it wasn't their fault the officials nearly screwed UM, and they did one helluvan impressive job battling back to within 1 in only a few seconds.

I was laughing my ass off cause I didn't care if some B1G team got screwed, and when I saw Stokes get the ball I thought for sure they were about to pull off the most amazing comeback in tourney history... even if it did all start on a terrible and incorrect out of bounds call.

Oh, and thanks for the 'grats, and good luck today.
Whichever it was, I was drunk and frankly didn't care to look into it.  UT got jobbed, that was my point.

Edited by PuddingTime, 30 March 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 30 March 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Whichever it was, I was drunk and frankly didn't care to look into it.  UT got jobbed, that was my point.

That's what I figured; but yeah, they didn't... UM almost did though.

One of those unexpected fringe benefits from giving up spirits... I actually remember sporting events and concerts. :D
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't understand what Jay Williams and Fran Frashilla see in Michigan.
Both picked them over the Wildcats.

I'm torn between seeing 2 Big10 teams in the Final Four, and seeing Kentucky in the Final Four.
Glad our game is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users