Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Early Athlon 2014 Predictions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 26 March 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

2 loses...13 games?

You can have a very high ceiling, but if the walls around it are not equally high then your little house collapses.

I'm sure you're willing to bet a lot. It's the off-season. I'm used to MSU fans betting a lot before we play. Just remember y'all are game 7 this year, not game 2.

Soooo. Over the last 13 seasons we are 2-11 is what you are trying to say? And that may be true. But what makes you think that State won't have improved through out the season just like Auburn did?
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never mind. The way it was worded confused me for a moment. I get what you're trying to say. If you had said that we were 2-13 over 13 years that would not have been correct because the two would have been included in the original 13 making is actually fifteen in that instance.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 26 March 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Athlon has 6 vandy in bowl contention
Tennessee 5 gets the music city bowl?
Vandy going tooo Birmingham?

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I see MSU finishing above TAMU but below us
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
TAMU will be better on defense and worse on offense.  I don't think it is possible to get worse on Defense, and I also don't think its possible to stay at 2012-2013 offensive levels either.
Talent level has been drastically climbing the last few years so I expect very little drop-off overall if any.
2014 season record will be around 8-4ish.
Drew Kaser for Heisman 2014!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Is Norwood still there? Skip to about the 46 second mark. There aint nothing you can do with that. That was perfect coverage. That's just great play from Norwood.

nope...hate to say Norwoods gone
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rip

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Soooo. Over the last 13 seasons we are 2-11 is what you are trying to say? And that may be true. But what makes you think that State won't have improved through out the season just like Auburn did?

All I'm taking issue against is your "LSU and Bama we can write off as loses...but AU we can beat" statement. It bugged me as an Auburn fan and made me laugh as a football fan.

A lot of MSU fans talk wayyy too much crap every off-season when it comes to Auburn. Maybe not yourself. But some do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 26 March 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

All I'm taking issue against is your "LSU and Bama we can write off as loses...but AU we can beat" statement. It bugged me as an Auburn fan and made me laugh as a football fan.

A lot of MSU fans talk wayyy too much crap every off-season when it comes to Auburn. Maybe not yourself. But some do.

At last the last five of our games could have gone either way.  Why is it so far fetched that we could beat y'all at home?
Posted Image

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Because Bama and LSU are good, and Auburn is lucky. Yeah, I know the crap about Lucky and Good, but come on, man. Experience tells me that State won't beat Bama and LSU on the road.

Your defense better be in really good shape then.... Gus this year looks to speed it up even more. Our starting QB and most of the players know really know the offense compared to last year.

http://www.al.com/au...e_and_defe.html
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

At last the last five of our games could have gone either way.  Why is it so far fetched that we could beat y'all at home?

If you are confident about Auburn then you should be confident about an LSU team that changes everyone and a bama squad with a new QB. Consistency is all I'm asking for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 26 March 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

If you are confident about Auburn then you should be confident about an LSU team that changes everyone and a bama squad with a new QB. Consistency is all I'm asking for.

There is a difference between confident and having a legit shot. We have a legit shot at most home games. Plus, a team's mentality changes with every foe they play in a lot of instances. I guarantee you State plays Auburn and Ole Miss harder than we play UK or Arkansas. Because they aren't rivals. Bama plays LSU and you all harder than they play us. The boys fight a little extra hard when we play Auburn.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Msu beats Lsu. Msu auburn will a made for TV game.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

There is a difference between confident and having a legit shot. We have a legit shot at most home games. Plus, a team's mentality changes with every foe they play in a lot of instances. I guarantee you State plays Auburn and Ole Miss harder than we play UK or Arkansas. Because they aren't rivals. Bama plays LSU and you all harder than they play us. The boys fight a little extra hard when we play Auburn.

I had no idea y'all consider us a rival.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 26 March 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

I had no idea y'all consider us a rival.

Since 2010, yes. The team and the fans get more jacked for the Auburn game than we do for anyone else with the exception of Ole Miss.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users