Early Athlon 2014 Predictions - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Early Athlon 2014 Predictions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope A&M turns out to be a hot mess.
I love watching team boards melt down.

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 26 March 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

I hope A&M turns out to be a hot mess.
I love watching team boards melt down.

Me Too on boards melting down!

You got to watch us two years ago. Now Gator boards should be a lot of fun again this year.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 26 March 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Me Too on boards melting down!

You got to watch us two years ago. Now Gator boards should be a lot of fun again this year.

They were funny up until the Georgia Southern game.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We will finish ahead of TAMU. They won't be anywhere near the same with JFF gone and their best WRs in the league as well. Sumlin has never been able to coach D, and with them coming to Starkville, I think we get the W there.

The only teams I give us no shot at are Bama and LSU. It'll be a tall order for us to win in Oxford, and I don't look for it, but I like to think we could. Likewise, it'll be tough against Auburn even at home, but I think the team wants that game like they haven't wanted a game in a while.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just hope we can finally stop letting Ws slip through our fingers. Mullen has a huge problem with that. LSU in '09, Arkansas in '10, SC in '11. And Auburn last season.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

We will finish ahead of TAMU. They won't be anywhere near the same with JFF gone and their best WRs in the league as well. Sumlin has never been able to coach D, and with them coming to Starkville, I think we get the W there.

The only teams I give us no shot at are Bama and LSU. It'll be a tall order for us to win in Oxford, and I don't look for it, but I like to think we could. Likewise, it'll be tough against Auburn even at home, but I think the team wants that game like they haven't wanted a game in a while.

Why are you afraid of bama or lsu more than auburn? I really don't think people truly understand what the loss of AJ is going to do to that offense if they can't find a decent qb. Aj was not only a great game manager he made throws when they needed it. Look at the bowl game, Aj had a terrible game and the offense looked lost. If bama doesn't find someone to fill aj's shoes than I can see 3-4 losses for them easy. LSU is rebuilding on offense this year. Last year they only beat us because of that amazing running game and Mettenberger making great throws. Now Auburn on the other hand. They haven't lost a whole lot. A good rb and a good de. They will be our hardest game by far.

Edited by BulldawgFan, 26 March 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 26 March 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Why are you afraid of bama or lsu more than auburn? I really don't think people truly understand what the loss of AJ is going to do to that offense if they can't find a decent qb. Aj was not only a great game manager he made throws when they needed it. Look at the bowl game, Aj had a terrible game and the offense looked lost. If bama doesn't find someone to fill aj's shoes than I can see 3-4 losses for them easy. LSU is rebuilding on offense this year. Last year they only beat us because of that amazing running game and Mettenberger making great throws. Now Auburn on the other hand. They haven't lost a whole lot. A good rb and a good de. They will be our hardest game by far.

Because Bama and LSU are good, and Auburn is lucky. Yeah, I know the crap about Lucky and Good, but come on, man. Experience tells me that State won't beat Bama and LSU on the road.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let me put it this way: We've never had the talent on our starting line up Bama and LSU have on their 2 deep. It just is what it is. Some of the players that we jump for joy to get are 3 and four down the list on Bama's recruiting boards.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 26 March 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

It's easy to forget Bama's less than amazing QBs before AJ, but it definitely does come down to if they find a decent QB. Saban has ensured that, even with an incompetent JPW in 2008. So I would be shocked if that were our down fall.

Also, State always gives Auburn some problems, you know that.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jacob Coker......that is all
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Athlon blows ass.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 26 March 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Jacob Coker......that is all

Is Norwood still there? Skip to about the 46 second mark. There aint nothing you can do with that. That was perfect coverage. That's just great play from Norwood.

Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Because Bama and LSU are good, and Auburn is lucky. Yeah, I know the crap about Lucky and Good, but come on, man. Experience tells me that State won't beat Bama and LSU on the road.

Experience doesn't tell you Auburn will beat you? You do realize y'all are 2 of 13 against Auburn the last 13 years...right?  

But yea, you guys tend to play us close because we tend to start SEC play against y'all.

The only advantages y'all have this year are: home game, and it's after we play LSU.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 26 March 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Experience doesn't tell you Auburn will beat you? You do realize y'all are 2 of 13 against Auburn the last 13 years...right?  

But yea, you guys tend to play us close because we tend to start SEC play against y'all.

The only advantages y'all have this year are: home game, and it's after we play LSU.

How does this work?

And not true. I think Dak, with his feet under him and more experience has a high ceiling at QB than Marshall does. Also, willing to bet our D is better than yours.
Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 26 March 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

How does this work?

And not true. I think Dak, with his feet under him and more experience has a high ceiling at QB than Marshall does. Also, willing to bet our D is better than yours.

2 loses...13 games?

You can have a very high ceiling, but if the walls around it are not equally high then your little house collapses.

I'm sure you're willing to bet a lot. It's the off-season. I'm used to MSU fans betting a lot before we play. Just remember y'all are game 7 this year, not game 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users