Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Early Athlon 2014 Predictions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://athlonsports....redictions-2014

offseason sucks and I wanna talk about football. I actually agree with most statements in the article.
Posted Image

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 25 March 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

http://athlonsports....redictions-2014

offseason sucks and I wanna talk about football. I actually agree with most statements in the article.

I pretty much agree with these predictions, except for Georgia.  No way they win the East!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NB4 Gamecocks come in flaming UGA

Edit: Teaux late, Tiger beat them to it

Edited by GatorHater24, 25 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 25 March 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

NB4 Gamecocks come in flaming UGA

Edit: Teaux late, Tiger beat them to it

It only took them about 15 years, but they finally realized they should put the disclaimer "pre-sping edge" when talking about UGA as they patiently wait to see how many Dawgs will get arrested.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree that though we may improve this year it may not show on our record because of the west division being so tough.But playing against the best eventually makes you better as we saw when we first joined the SEC.

We'll take our lumps but as our team gets older we'll be fine.Meanwhile I have no doubt this team will compete.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
East:

I'd switch UGA and SC as well as UF and Mizzou

West:

LSU wins it. Everything else is in the right order

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is march. We gonna win the west.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 25 March 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

It only took them about 15 years, but they finally realized they should put the disclaimer "pre-sping edge" when talking about UGA as they patiently wait to see how many Dawgs will get arrested.

Not sure why they would need it.... as UGA has won the East 2 out of the last 3... with the third not being USC. Seems like we do fine running the division even with the arrests

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 25 March 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

East:

I'd switch UGA and SC as well as UF and Mizzou

West:

LSU wins it. Everything else is in the right order
that's how I see it playing out as well!

View PostGatorHater24, on 25 March 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Not sure why they would need it.... as UGA has won the East 2 out of the last 3... with the third not being USC. Seems like we do fine running the division even with the arrests
here we go again...this is about to turn into another pissing match!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty close to spot on the east is a toss up between SC and UGA but I wouldn't count UF totally out.

Alabama or Auburn will win the west again LSU just lost to much and have been declining the last few years. I'm calling it early the MSU Bulldogs will finish 3rd or better in the west.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 March 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Pretty close to spot on the east is a toss up between SC and UGA but I wouldn't count UF totally out.

Alabama or Auburn will win the west again LSU just lost to much and have been declining the last few years. I'm calling it early the MSU Bulldogs will finish 3rd or better in the west.

But like the article said LSU only returned 3 defensive starters for 2013 and finished 3rd in the conference in yards allowed. Plus they have a stable of backs, return 4 starting O-linemen, and brought in the #1 RB. Plus I'm convinced LSU's newfound offense last year had more to do with them finally getting a competent OC and less to do with Mettenberger.

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Am I the only one that thinks Miles continuously under achieves with all that talent?

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 26 March 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

But like the article said LSU only returned 3 defensive starters for 2013 and finished 3rd in the conference in yards allowed. Plus they have a stable of backs, return 4 starting O-linemen, and brought in the #1 RB. Plus I'm convinced LSU's newfound offense last year had more to do with them finally getting a competent OC and less to do with Mettenberger.

They've lost 3 games each of the last 2 years been beat in both bowls. I don't know what the deal is but they've seemed to lost their edge to me. This year they have to replace every player that touches the ball Qb, Rb, both Wr's their defense should be tough as always but they'll struggle replacing all those guys.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 March 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

They've lost 3 games each of the last 2 years been beat in both bowls. I don't know what the deal is but they've seemed to lost their edge to me. This year they have to replace every player that touches the ball Qb, Rb, both Wr's their defense should be tough as always but they'll struggle replacing all those guys.

They win the bowl last year. And with the offense they run I don't expect too much of a drop off. Actually it should be about as good or better with that line and with it being the 2nd year of having a good coordinator.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wait so LSU only has 3 guys on D coming back? Or was that last year? If so, TJ will have a day against them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users