Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

So the SEC is bad in basketball

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As of now, they are 9-0 in post season play.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
JInxer.
HelmMap.gif

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The other conference teams don't know how to deal with unorganized grab ass.

Flusterbubby

Flusterbubby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Great win for Kentucky to knock off the Shockers!  SEC sucks in bball this year though...go figure!  Proud to be a member of the SEC!  Maybe next year for my Aggies to represent!
Posted ImagePosted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlusterbubby, on 23 March 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Great win for Kentucky to knock off the Shockers!  SEC sucks in bball this year though...go figure!  Proud to be a member of the SEC!  Maybe next year for my Aggies to represent!

Appearently college basketball sucked in general this year,goodness.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think it's not so much about college basketball being bad. I think its that its not that hard to put together 6 or 7 guys that are elite ball players. It's not like football where you need 40 plus. In football a mid-major will play even a middle of the road BCS team and lose by 40, but in basketball every game is close.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 23 March 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

I think it's not so much about college basketball being bad. I think its that its not that hard to put together 6 or 7 guys that are elite ball players. It's not like football where you need 40 plus. In football a mid-major will play even a middle of the road BCS team and lose by 40, but in basketball every game is close.

I like seeing the older teams rough up the elite.

I used to enjoy seeing the great players play 3-4 years in college.It made for a great tourney.This year is a turkey shoot.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 23 March 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I like seeing the older teams rough up the elite.

I used to enjoy seeing the great players play 3-4 years in college.It made for a great tourney.This year is a turkey shoot.
My thing is this...the elite teams got that way under the old rules when they had elite seniors and juniors.  We're still the ones kicking ass with youngins. John Wall and Cousins would've left UK last season under the old rules. Do you really want to have gone through four years of that?  I would've loved it.  Just saying, most of the detractors of the current system seem to forget that we keep these guys even longer...its not gonna be better for the little guy.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The game is awful now though there are no scorers games are won 48-42.. A good rebounder, and a defensive team and you've got a good chance these days.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Florida is the only SEC team that had a good regular season.
That's why everyone said the SEC was bad. It was.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 23 March 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

My thing is this...the elite teams got that way under the old rules when they had elite seniors and juniors.  We're still the ones kicking ass with youngins. John Wall and Cousins would've left UK last season under the old rules. Do you really want to have gone through four years of that?  I would've loved it.  Just saying, most of the detractors of the current system seem to forget that we keep these guys even longer...its not gonna be better for the little guy.
Then all the other one and done talent would have went somewhere rather than sit on your bench.
HelmMap.gif

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 23 March 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yep,because there would be some other teams with older talent to knock them off,potentially.They were good but not unbeatable and this would make a great scenario for a tourney.

College basketball is getting watered down.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess the Bird and Johnson years are long gone.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let me be clear: I want the rule to change to 3 year minimum commitment to the school. Either stat for the long haul or ply your trade overseas for the duration.  That includes the university honoring a scholly for that duration, provided the student athlete does what they're supposed to I the classroom and off the court,
Posted Image

Flusterbubby

Flusterbubby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, if this is a bad year then I can't wait to see the SEC have a GREAT year!  SEC power!
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users