Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Never the parents fault is it?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://wowway.net/ne...e_suspension-ap

Parents not being parents I think. Not a race issue.
Posted Image

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It doesn't matter what race someone is, when I was in preschool, I didn't even know how to be bad enough to get suspended. That, and I feared the wrath of my mother when I did something wrong.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
N before shamoan yells race
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lolwut??

Yeah, I'm sure the teachers and administrators are going "well, we would let this slide....but you're black so we have to suspend you".

Or maybe a disproportionate number of minorities are bad.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a shame that so many kids of all races are doomed to fail at such a young age.

We towed the line in school or get the paddle.It seemed to work pretty good.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 21 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's a shame that so many kids of all races are doomed to fail at such a young age.

We towed the line in school or get the paddle.It seemed to work pretty good.

That's the thing...you don't make excuses about sh!t. You get punished and go "damn, I better straighten my ass up because this isn't cool".

If these kids hear their parents blaming the schools or the system in general then they think "hey, the problem must lie with someone else so I'll just keep doing what I do." Quit making excuses about why your little badass kid is getting suspended.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 21 March 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

That's the thing...you don't make excuses about sh!t. You get punished and go "damn, I better straighten my ass up because this isn't cool".

If these kids hear their parents blaming the schools or the system in general then they think "hey, the problem must lie with someone else so I'll just keep doing what I do." Quit making excuses about why your little badass kid is getting suspended.

They could home school. Yet I can think of a couple of reasons they won't do that
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When my kids were in school we were given the option to have them paddled at school or be called to deal with it.

We chose the paddle and made sure the kids knew about it and that we better not hear of any behavioral problems from them.

Appearently they didn't want to face the music because we never had any trouble.

But heck,they were good kids anyway so it didn't surprise me they didn't get licks.I've always been proud of them.

As a parent,spending time with my kids,even if it was just throwing rocks in a ditch,was the best investment I made.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah I don't know. I usually take it easier on the black employees under me. Not sure why. Guess white guilt has been tattooed on my brain after being told I'm racist my whole life.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If folks would stop using public schools that provide a free education as a babysitting service, we wouldn't have these problems.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How refreshing it would be to hear someone, somewhere say, that was my fault, I blew it, and I'm responsible. I'd have more respect for people if they just owed up to their Posted Image ups.

Yeah I made a bad decision there and I need to fix it.  Someone say that!

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My mom and dad signed the "paddle" list all of my school years. I got my ass whipped a few times. But I'm ok for the most part. :trollface:

The problem is nobody has any accountability left anymore. Used to be, people were honorable enough to say, "I did it. I screwed up. I'll make it right." Not any longer. I know there have always been exceptions to that rule, but it seems like people are getting worse and worse about Posted Image like this.

When you own a business and you ruin something, who pays for it? If I'm cutting a tree on your place and a limb falls on your car, guess what? That's my fault, and my insurance--which responsible people have--will pay for the damages and then stick it to my ass.

Own up.
You did it.
You need to deal with it.
No, it didn't have anything to do with your childhood.
Be a man/woman and do what you have too.

Sorry about the rant.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 21 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When my daughter was in preschool the whole class was held in from recess all day because of one kid who couldn't act right.

Group punishment pisses me off and I let them know it.

It seems like even companies won't punish the one a-hole but make everyone pay for their crappiness.

Edited by L.A.Hog, 21 March 2014 - 12:14 PM.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 March 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

My mom and dad signed the "paddle" list all of my school years. I got my ass whipped a few times. But I'm ok for the most part. :trollface:

The problem is nobody has any accountability left anymore. Used to be, people were honorable enough to say, "I did it. I screwed up. I'll make it right." Not any longer. I know there have always be exceptions to that rule, but it seems like people are getting worse and worse about Posted Image like this.

When you own a business and you ruin something, who pays for it? If I'm cutting a tree on your place and a limb falls on your car, guess what? That's my fault, and my insurance--which responsible people have--will pay for the damages and then stick it to my ass.

Own up.
You did it.
You need to deal with it.
No, it didn't have anything to do with your childhood.
Be a man/woman and do what you have too.

Sorry about the rant.

I agree. It's truth.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
dbl.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 21 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users