the most experienced QB in the SEC - Page 6 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 6

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
355230
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread


Latest Topics


Latest News


Top High Fived

Top Bettors


the most experienced QB in the SEC

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76
A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,346
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,254

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 01 April 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

you do realize that Dylan has started and won games against ranked division 1 teams right? the same cant be said for others in this conference who will be starting next season!

No I don't follow SC as closely. But to that point I would ask the same question as I did of Mauk. How many games has he started, when he didn't start and played to what extent was the time he saw and utilized. Was he a situational game package guy or was he mop up duty? I wouldn't discount his experience but if he started three games and won all three and never played another game I wouldn't put him at the top of the list of most experienced. A guy who started every game for two years and lost every one of them to me would have more experience/SEC experience imo. Granted he lost all of them but that wasn't the OP question.

Edited by A10Rebel, 02 April 2014 - 10:30 AM.


#77
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,651
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    397

View PostA10Rebel, on 02 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

No I don't follow SC as closely. But to that point I would ask the same question as I did of Mauk. How many games has he started, when he didn't start and played to what extent was the time he saw and utilized. Was he a situational game package guy or was he mop up duty? I wouldn't discount his experience but if he started three games and won all three and never played another game I wouldn't put him at the top of the list of most experienced. A guy who started every game for two years and lost every one of them to me would have more experience/SEC experience imo. Granted he lost all of them but that wasn't the OP question.
in my opinion, you simply cant discount the number of wins versus the number of games played.  over the time that Dylan has been here he has more overall playing time than mauk did last season, even though mauk played more last season.  however, that said, you cant downplay big wins over ranked division one opponents simply because a player has started more in a particular season.  for a position as important as the qb, its all about confidence.  confidence is not built by losing.
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#78
A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,346
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,254

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 02 April 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

in my opinion, you simply cant discount the number of wins versus the number of games played.  over the time that Dylan has been here he has more overall playing time than mauk did last season, even though mauk played more last season.  however, that said, you cant downplay big wins over ranked division one opponents simply because a player has started more in a particular season.  for a position as important as the qb, its all about confidence.  confidence is not built by losing.

true but I'm using an extreme circumstance here. Obviously there aren't any qb's in the SEC that have gone two seasons without a win. But the question wasn't who's the most experienced, winning qb in the SEC? It was who's the most experienced. I wouldn't put your guy over Dak or Wallace for the record and it's got nothing to do with the fact that I'm an Ole Miss guy and additionally I hate State. But I'll submit at game time I'm going with them before I go with a guy who has been under center at kickoff only three or four times.  

I'll agree with you that losing consistantly doesn't boad well for confidence building. Losing a game or two games motivates. If you never lose anything how do evaluate or measure your level of success? How does a quarterback evaluate a loss?  Do they pack it up and quit or do they use it to be more dominant?  I'll take a guy whose taken his licks and gotten back up and stepped on someones dick and meant it before I take someone whose never felt the pressure or pain of defeat.

Edited by A10Rebel, 03 April 2014 - 07:55 AM.


#79
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,143
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,860
Both whitlow and Smith have lots of experience. Unfortunately it hasn't made them any better
Posted Image

#80
adfalcon

adfalcon

    OMAHA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,522
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,182
Bo Wallace
Question over.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#81
BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

    Merlinistic Point of View

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,297
  • Age:
    29
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Haleyville,Alabama
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    692

View Postadfalcon, on 09 April 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Bo Wallace
Question over.

I'l take "QB's with a limp noodle arm" for a thousand Alex.
Posted Image

#82
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    18,834
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,531

View PostBulldawgFan, on 09 April 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:



I'l take "QB's with a limp noodle arm" for a thousand Alex.

Matt leinhart?






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users