Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Pearl now at Auburn

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
HFS you gotta educate your constituency.  Y'all are headed towards the land of the legit.  Gotta be able to speak on these things.
Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 March 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

HFS you gotta educate your constituency.  Y'all are headed towards the land of the legit.  Gotta be able to speak on these things.

me in 4 years: "did we win the national championship in basketball? No? Don't care... Yes? Well...great?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 March 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

I THINK I'VE BEEN POISONED BY MY CONSTITUENTS.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It makes me cringe to think about what we could've had with Saban and Pearl in the same athletic program. We could've been the next Florida...elite in both major sports.

Now that door is wide-open for Auburn.

Posted Image

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

8-1 (5-1)

Next Game: vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All I have to say is if (when) Grant gets fired next year, 'Bama needs to go all in and get the very best coach available and accept nothing less. Gregg Marshall...maybe Brad Stevens gets bored in the NBA. Something BIG.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

8-1 (5-1)

Next Game: vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 18 March 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

This is the second time you've said this haha. You're confusing our last two appearances.

1999 - #1 seed. Lost  to Ohio St in a crazy game in the sweet 16.

2003 - #10 seed. Upset Jameer Nelson's St. Joe's team and Josh Howard's #2 seed Wake Forest before losing on a last second shot to Carmelo's eventual national champ Syracuse.

@PuddingTime

oh well,  it was a long time ago.  i know in 1998-99  was the best team i have seen. i didnt really pay attention to the 2003 team
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image. Look what you did Bama, keep Grant for the contract and your rival pulls the trigger and gets the best coach on the market. We aint running out of money far as I can tell!

This only sucks more for Vol fans.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 18 March 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

All I have to say is if (when) Grant gets fired next year, 'Bama needs to go all in and get the very best coach available and accept nothing less. Gregg Marshall...maybe Brad Stevens gets bored in the NBA. Something BIG.

I really can't see anyone substantial coming either though, Pearl was already in SEC country and proven. We're gonna be looking at another up and comer or someone who failed at one stop, at best. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Edited by Tider27, 18 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll admit I'm a fairweathered basketball fan. I didn't watch one single AU basketball game this season. I wasn't purposly avoiding them, but I just never cared enough to even look at our schedule.

That said, I'm really hyped over this hire. I don't have delusions of AU making it deep into the tourney anytime soon, but I at least hope we'll be fun to watch again.

Welcome to the plains Pearl!
Formerly known as Miden

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image.....it wasn't a bad dream.

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's weird I know, but I am actually pissed off just a little because this makes Jacobs look like he knows what he's doing...maybe he does after all...

nah...still hate him.

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe Battle didn't want to pay Grant the 5 mil buyout cause he doesn't deserve it?

Oh who am I kidding. He Posted Imageing dropped the ball on this. Big time.

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

"Bill Battle made a pragmatic decision and the one thing that Bill Battle had to hope for when he went to sleep on Friday night -- he had to hope Bruce Pearl is not hired at Auburn. Guess what? He woke up today and found out his worst nightmare -- at least from a basketball standpoint -- has come true."

Finebaum noted the news is likely harder to hear for Volunteer fans who were hoping to hire Pearl back. Pearl coached Tennessee from 2005 to 2011 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament each year before being fired for an NCAA recruiting violation.

Auburn has missed the NCAA Tournament for 11 consecutive seasons, but Finebaum believes Tuesday's hire puts the Tigers in the spotlight as the Big Dance gets under way.

"Auburn has stolen the show today," he said. "Auburn, in a small way, is the center of the college basketball universe. Maybe not for long, because the tournament is starting in a few hours, but they hired a big-time coach today. A guy that turned the SEC upside down a couple years ago when he came into the league.

"Whether he can do that at Auburn remains to be seen, but he will get a lot of attention in the process."

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Find a bunch of kids playing ball at the local play ground. Give each $10 cash to come to a party with you. Show up at pearls house with them and a beer keg. Take a picture at the front door and immediately post on internet. Pearl will yell framed but after Tennessee ordeal nobody will believe him. Sad I have to tell a Bama fan how to handle this. Msu been doin Posted Image like this to our players for years
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bill Battle better walk around Tuscaloosa with a cup on.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users