Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

North Carolina school takes a stand on bullying that makes sense

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He-man would kick My Little Pony's ass ten ways from Sunday, so your argument is null.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.newser.co...y-backpack.html
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

And they met that obligation by telling the kid to not bring back the disruptive item.

lolwut??

Yeah, let's empower the bullies and let them decide what people can and can't bring.

I would never have this problem because my daughter is a girly girl all the way...but if she wanted to bring a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lunchbox to school then why shouldn't she be able to without being bullied? If I go out and spend my money on it, then the school says she can't bring it because she'll be bullied I'd politely tell them to kiss my d!ck.

And you didn't answer the issue about how bullying is against the rules. If it's against the rules then enforce the rules...don't empower the people breaking the rules.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Grayson says kids at school are punching me, pushing me down, calling me horrible names, stuff that really shouldn't happen

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

You take some level or responsibility for the choices you make. The world has no obligation to protect you from your decisions.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
To be fair, he's got a last name for a first name.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm pretty sure if this kid is at the age he is being picked on for MLP no matter how wrong it may be.. this wont be the last decision he makes to get picked on. Do we keep getting the school involved?

Kids bully grown folks bully some people are sheep and some are the wolf that's just how it is..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Question...where are your teachers coming from in the next few years.....with CC and all the other Bull Crap going on ...everybody and I do mean everybody is getting out of education and telling nobody and I do mean nobody to go to school to be a teacher!!!   Something better change fast or ......there will be no teachers left:)
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 March 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

lolwut??

Yeah, let's empower the bullies and let them decide what people can and can't bring.

I would never have this problem because my daughter is a girly girl all the way...but if she wanted to bring a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lunchbox to school then why shouldn't she be able to without being bullied? If I go out and spend my money on it, then the school says she can't bring it because she'll be bullied I'd politely tell them to kiss my d!ck.

And you didn't answer the issue about how bullying is against the rules. If it's against the rules then enforce the rules...don't empower the people breaking the rules.

Bullying because of something you have no control over = drop the hammer on the bully
Being picked on because of something you have 100% control over= you take responsibility for it as a parent and fix it using adult judgment.

Society has zero obligation to protect you from yourself. That's a basic tenant of freedom and liberty.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 18 March 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure if this kid is at the age he is being picked on for MLP no matter how wrong it may be.. this wont be the last decision he makes to get picked on. Do we keep getting the school involved?

Kids bully grown folks bully some people are sheep and some are the wolf that's just how it is..

OK, so if I see you or smokeyone walking down the street I'll be sure to tell you that I don't like your shirt...and that if I see you wearing it again I'll beat your ass. Then if you still wear it I'll wreck you. If anyone calls the cops I'll just explain that it's not their job to protect you from your own decisions, and that I'm just a wolf.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Bullying because of something you have no control over = drop the hammer on the bully
Being picked on because of something you have 100% control over= you take responsibility for it as a parent and fix it using adult judgment.

Society has zero obligation to protect you from yourself. That's a basic tenant of freedom and liberty.

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

As I just pointed out to Ramma... I'll just beat your ass, and then push you down and tell you shave that phaggot mustache off your face...or give whatever particular reason I feel like having to beat on you that day.  If anyone has a problem with it I'll just explain that me beating you for your decisions is a basic tenant of liberty.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 18 March 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Question...where are your teachers coming from in the next few years.....with CC and all the other Bull Crap going on ...everybody and I do mean everybody is getting out of education and telling nobody and I do mean nobody to go to school to be a teacher!!!   Something better change fast or ......there will be no teachers left:)

The bulk will be people that lack the ability or the mentality to get a real job. That's a huge part of why the educational system is a failure now

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 March 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

As I just pointed out to Ramma... I'll just beat your ass, and then push you down and tell you shave that phaggot mustache off your face...or give whatever particular reason I feel like having to beat on you that day.  If anyone has a problem with it I'll just explain that me beating you for your decisions is a basic tenant of liberty.

If I had a handlebar mustache in highschool and kept letting you kick my ass over the mustache by all means. The flip side is if I were to show up to school with a handlebar mustache day after day and getting my ass kicked because of it I would need to take ownership of my stupidity in A) having a handlebar mustache in school and B) not stopping you from kicking my ass over my handlebar mustache. If it is important enough for me to have a handlebar mustache then its my obligation to deal with the consequences of my choice.

Personal accountability is a bitch to those that don't understand it.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 March 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

OK, so if I see you or smokeyone walking down the street I'll be sure to tell you that I don't like your shirt...and that if I see you wearing it again I'll beat your ass. Then if you still wear it I'll wreck you. If anyone calls the cops I'll just explain that it's not their job to protect you from your own decisions, and that I'm just a wolf.

If you see me wearing a faggy shirt and laugh at it and hurt my feeling I should not have the recourse to call the cops and have them dictate what kind of shirt we as a society can wear.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 March 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Posted Image
kid is in school, male and has MLP swag. What did he think the outcome was going to be? Where are the parents that should have stopped this before it happened by not buying their son MLP swag or at least not letting them take it to school.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

If I had a handlebar mustache in highschool and kept letting you kick my ass over the mustache by all means. The flip side is if I were to show up to school with a handlebar mustache day after day and getting my ass kicked because of it I would need to take ownership of my stupidity in A) having a handlebar mustache in school and B) not stopping you from kicking my ass over my handlebar mustache. If it is important enough for me to have a handlebar mustache then its my obligation to deal with the consequences of my choice.

Personal accountability is a bitch to those that don't understand it.

Ok, I think we're far enough apart on this issue that I think it's probably pretty pointless to go any further....but I will say that once your daughter starts school I think you may change your stance at least a little(but maybe not). If she loves unicorns but people beat her up for wearing unicorn shirts I'd find it hard to believe you'd go "well sweetie,you're either gonna have to stop wearing the shirts or run faster". But then again I didn't think you believed we live in a society where people have the right to beat people for whatever they want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users