Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Four Players Arrested Day Before Spring Practice Begins

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#16
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,379
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,587

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

Has anyone read what these kids were doing? Check fraud. Taking their stipend checks and depositing them via a bank app then cashing them at a local convenience store. One dude was doing his and his roommates checks. How is this simple theft by deception? Its theft of state funds and check fraud.

Are you suggesting that the players received a lesser charge than they should have?? Obviously you're unaware that the entire universe is out to get the UGA football players.

#17
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472

View PostUAdan, on 17 March 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Richt has no control.

At least he doesn't curse.
Posted Image

#18
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    40,232
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,099
Sure as the sun rises in the East...
Posted Image

#19
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,885
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,609

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 March 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Are you suggesting that the players received a lesser charge than they should have?? Obviously you're unaware that the entire universe is out to get the UGA football players.

Granted the checks were under 100.00 each but how many times did they do it for the ad to audit and catch it? And it is state funds which if memory serves should be a different charge. I just wish they were stealing the money to buy pot so UGA fans can hide behind the its just a college kid smoking dope thing.

Posted Image


#20
DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    252
  • Joined:
    Dec 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    90

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Granted the checks were under 100.00 each but how many times did they do it for the ad to audit and catch it? And it is state funds which if memory serves should be a different charge. I just wish they were stealing the money to buy pot so UGA fans can hide behind the its just a college kid smoking dope thing.

I think I read that the checks were deposited via bank app and then cashed 3 times.  So 4 times all together.

I swear if we ever make it through one off season without an arrest, I'm going to play the freaking lottery.  I don't know how kids have gotten so stupid over the years but good night.  I mean, I understand being a college kid but stealing from your university.  C'mon man.

#21
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,885
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,609

View PostDGD, on 18 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

I think I read that the checks were deposited via bank app and then cashed 3 times.  So 4 times all together.

I swear if we ever make it through one off season without an arrest, I'm going to play the freaking lottery.  I don't know how kids have gotten so stupid over the years but good night.  I mean, I understand being a college kid but stealing from your university.  C'mon man.

I thought it was via bank app then at a gas station so 2 x 71.00 per time they did it. So 142.00 per incident. Say they did it 3 times before they got caught, 462.00 and one guy was doing it with his roommates check.

A bar fight, public drunk, smoking pot I can say is normal boys being boys but stealing? No.

Posted Image


#22
DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    252
  • Joined:
    Dec 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    90

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

I thought it was via bank app then at a gas station so 2 x 71.00 per time they did it. So 142.00 per incident. Say they did it 3 times before they got caught, 462.00 and one guy was doing it with his roommates check.

A bar fight, public drunk, smoking pot I can say is normal boys being boys but stealing? No.

You could be right, I just thought I remembered reading being cashed 3 times after deposit.  Either way, you're right.  Drinking, fighting, smoking is all typical college stuff that I could live with.  Stealing though, it's not that hard to avoid stealing.  As far as I'm concerned they can all get the boot.

#23
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444
I'm pretty sure the amount would have to be over $1000 to be a more serious charge like grand theft.

But it seems like there could be additional charges, like fraud, for cashing checks they knew to be worthless... but that may also be the deception part in the charges they did get.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#24
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,804
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,162
I'm glad that after a 4-8 season and losing 3 in a row to UGA, they can still offer me something to laugh about.

#25
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,905
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,542
I hate thieves. It really is the worst trait a human being can have, being a thief. Wish they would get kicked out, but they'd just get picked up by other schools like Auburn or LSU.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#26
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,277
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,586
The birds are chirpin, polen all in the air, the Bradford pears are blooming nicely and some Georgia players were arrested. Yep, Spring is here.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#27
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,272
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    160

View PostTheRealBrave, on 18 March 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I hate thieves. It really is the worst trait a human being can have, being a thief. Wish they would get kicked out, but they'd just get picked up by other schools like Auburn or LSU.

You really cant think of even worse traits a human being can have? Really?

#28
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,272
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    160

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 March 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

I just wish they were stealing the money to buy pot so UGA fans can hide behind the its just a college kid smoking dope thing.

Pretty good chance thats exactly what the money was for. I would be a majority of kids on all FB teams burn em down. Only UGA is dumb enough to think they can eradicate such an act, along with the federal govt of course.

#29
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,885
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,609

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 March 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

Pretty good chance thats exactly what the money was for. I would be a majority of kids on all FB teams burn em down. Only UGA is dumb enough to think they can eradicate such an act, along with the federal govt of course.

How do you feel about CMR selling out on the punishment? Commit check fraud while stealing cash from the athletic department and you run laps? I guess this means we will never have to hear the phony tripe about CMR being too much of a disciplinarian again.

Posted Image


#30
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,272
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    160

View Postsmokeyone, on 28 March 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:



How do you feel about CMR selling out on the punishment? Commit check fraud while stealing cash from the athletic department and you run laps? I guess this means we will never have to hear the phony tripe about CMR being too much of a disciplinarian again.

It's a bit too soon to say they won't be suspended but I will be pleased if they don't miss a game.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users