Four Players Arrested Day Before Spring Practice Begins - Page 9 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 9

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Four Players Arrested Day Before Spring Practice Begins

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 29 March 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

UGA can't control what other schools do but they can control what standard they hold themselves to. There was a time when UGA was better than this and could take pride in it.

IMO, and this is pure speculation - but I imagine if those 4 players Posted Image up once more they will get the boot. That has been the recent trend. Not sayin' I agree with it or not but w/e.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 29 March 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

UGA can't control what other schools do but they can control what standard they hold themselves to. There was a time when UGA was better than this and could take pride in it.

You would brag about being holier than thou? That's for losers like your Uga friends.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 29 March 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

He failed a couple of drug tests. As far as I'm aware that's all that happened with him. I honestly think it just boils down to the Athens night life and a lot of the culture there - because this kind of thing has gone on for decades at UGA. I think you could bring in Nick Saban and it'd still be a major problem. A lot of the disciplinary policy is very outdated too. Testing positive for Mary Jane on a drug test is considered a worse offense to the school than thievery. Who knows.

I guess we can disagree on it then. I think a coach could cut out the standard 6 players a year missing time for off the field stupids in a single recruiting class.I dont see CMR as the type of coach to inspire that level of respect or commitment. UGA rarely has played as a team but rather a collection of individuals out for themselves.

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 29 March 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

A more effective form of punishment is the way I want to go. Your way has proven to be ineffective.

Demetre baker got tossed after a DUI.

How can you forget nick Marshall after the whipping he put on y'all?

5 star Clemons was tossed a month ago, so how can you forget him?

Be thankful you didn't have to face mettengerger last year because he would have torched your weak ass d.

You think pretending nothing happened is more effective and will stop these things from happening in the future?

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 29 March 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

You would brag about being holier than thou? That's for losers like your Uga friends.

Well its not like they have much else to be proud of. I mean they are UGA fans after all.

Redacted

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 29 March 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

You think pretending nothing happened is more effective and will stop these things from happening in the future?

We know what does NOT prevent things from happening and that's your form. Each example just provided proves you Wrong including the corporal punishment each of the recent 4 are suffering through. No one besides you is pretending punishment isn't happening every time someone gets in trouble at Uga.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 29 March 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Well its not like they have much else to be proud of. I mean they are UGA fans after all.

Holier than thou ideas hurt a team on the field, so it makes sense.

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 29 March 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Not funny or strange to me; coaches almost always speak on the condition of anonymity when referring to players behavior issues leading up to a draft... volatile topic, speak only if anonymous.

The NFL coach may end up with that player on his team or may look to draft other players from his school in the future; they aren't going to burn any bridges.

The college coach has to consider he may still have several of that player's friends still on the team and doesn't want to foster any ill will in the locker room; nor does he want to look like he's throwing players under the bus, and potentially scare off other recruits.

And, like I said, they aren't about to find themselves on the wrong end of a libel lawsuit... only way to win a libel suit like that is if the plaintiff can prove the person lied about him. If I call somebody a cocksucker, the guy can't sue me if I have a picture of him with a mouthful. :D

But you're right, the topic isn't TM's honesty or pipe proficiency, or even how LSU handles situations, except to say it's different than the school that is the topic.

Did not read... however, I'm certain you put a lot of thought into your post.
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Point of thread... UGA will always be. On. The. Outside. Looking. In.

Joke of the SEC.
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 29 March 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

The addition of Marshall at qb was huge for au in the bama game and many others. They don't beat bama or Uga without him.

Bland statement is bland.

Many teams aren't the same without their QB, not really saying much when it comes to ex-Georgia players as a group.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 29 March 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

We know what does NOT prevent things from happening and that's your form. Each example just provided proves you Wrong including the corporal punishment each of the recent 4 are suffering through. No one besides you is pretending punishment isn't happening every time someone gets in trouble at Uga.

Ask your mom to cut you a check for your allowance then cash it twice. When you are arrested for it tell the judge you want to do extra chores as punishment and see how it goes for you.

Redacted

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBooger, on 30 March 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

Point of thread... UGA will always be. On. The. Outside. Looking. In.

Joke of the SEC.

And this. Post is so. Ironic. Coming. from an. LSU fan.

The tards of the SEC

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 30 March 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Bland statement is bland.

Many teams aren't the same without their QB, not really saying much when it comes to ex-Georgia players as a group.

So, statement is true. Our hardcore discipline helped au out.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 30 March 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Ask your mom to cut you a check for your allowance then cash it twice. When you are arrested for it tell the judge you want to do extra chores as punishment and see how it goes for you.

You suck at analogies. If you think the coach should kick the player off the team, a more proper analogy is the mother kicking the son out of the house for one mistake.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Are we still talking about this dumb Posted Image?

Geez, if we're not careful this thread will be as long as the old Fulmer Cup threads we used to have every year that talked about every arrest for every team for the entire off-season.

Don't get me wrong, I like bashing Dawgs over the head with their arrest reports and rap sheets as much as the next guy; but this Posted Image is Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users