Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Tournament Mens Bracket

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Doubt we get to the tourney without somehow getting to and knocking off Florida.   Even I don't have a good enough pair of red/black glasses to imagine that happening.  I think we can get to Florida in the finals sure, but beating them, no way.

To be honest, I'm happy being the number three seed in the SEC tournament and having even a possibility of being talked about as a bubble team after the abysmal start to this season.  Not a bad turn around at all.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thankfully Vandy will kick our ass and put us out of our misery...

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Basketball is a stupid, stupid game.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Top 4 seeds all from the East. Has never been more apparent how much it sucks that one of the Top 2 football teams in the SEC is usually left out of the SECCG.

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Expecting Auburn to put us out of our misery this basketball season.  Hopefully, better times are about to come in the next few seasons.
2014 Football (4-3, 2-3)
10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY); 1/7/15 Florida; 1/10/15 at Ole Miss; 1/13/15 Alabama; 1/17/15 at Auburn; 1/20/15 Tennessee; 1/24/15 Kentucky; 1/28/15 at LSU; 1/31/15 Georgia; 2/3/15 at Arkansas; 2/7/15 at Vanderbilt; 2/10/15 Missouri; 2/14/15 at Kentucky; 2/17/15 at Georgia; 2/21/15 Texas A&M; 2/24/15 at Alabama; 2/28/15 Mississippi State; 3/5/15 Arkansas; 3/7/15 at Tennessee

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posthog_heaven, on 09 March 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Need to win 2 and play UF tough to get into the NCAAs. If not, we will be a 1 seed in NIT.

View PostDGD, on 10 March 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Doubt we get to the tourney without somehow getting to and knocking off Florida.   Even I don't have a good enough pair of red/black glasses to imagine that happening.  I think we can get to Florida in the finals sure, but beating them, no way.

To be honest, I'm happy being the number three seed in the SEC tournament and having even a possibility of being talked about as a bubble team after the abysmal start to this season.  Not a bad turn around at all.

I'm telling you guys, y'all better not count on a finals win against UF to make your bones; I don't think we'll be there.

Reading the latest projections, most analysts think UF keeps a #1 seed even if they don't win a single game in the SECT.

I think we'll probably win one, but we won't be breaking our necks to win the tourney.

With the byes giving us 6 days off to heal any remaining dings, we may be at full strength and healthy for the 1st time in awhile; but a conference tourney title just isn't important enough to take any risks.

Winning the SECT carries an automatic berth in the NCAAT, so beating UF in the final really isn't necessary.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 March 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

I'm telling you guys, y'all better not count on a finals win against UF to make your bones; I don't think we'll be there.

Reading the latest projections, most analysts think UF keeps a #1 seed even if they don't win a single game in the SECT.

I think we'll probably win one, but we won't be breaking our necks to win the tourney.

With the byes giving us 6 days off to heal any remaining dings, we may be at full strength and healthy for the 1st time in awhile; but a conference tourney title just isn't important enough to take any risks.

Winning the SECT carries an automatic berth in the NCAAT, so beating UF in the final really isn't necessary.

I said beating UF in the final simply b/c as bad as the SEC has been this season UF could probably cruise to the finals without giving it their all.  As much as it pains me, UF is far and away the best team in the SEC and it's not even close imo.  Now, if you guys do get knocked out and we could win it would be a sheer miracle in my book but one I'd gladly take .

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDGD, on 10 March 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I said beating UF in the final simply b/c as bad as the SEC has been this season UF could probably cruise to the finals without giving it their all.  As much as it pains me, UF is far and away the best team in the SEC and it's not even close imo.  Now, if you guys do get knocked out and we could win it would be a sheer miracle in my book but one I'd gladly take .

It's not like it's unprecedented, especially by y'all; you've done it before with a much worse team... UGA was 17-16 and 4-12 in the SEC in 2008 when they won the SECT and made the dance. Bounced in the 1st round, but you made it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 March 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

It's not like it's unprecedented, especially by y'all; you've done it before with a much worse team... UGA was 17-16 and 4-12 in the SEC in 2008 when they won the SECT and made the dance. Bounced in the 1st round, but you made it.

Oh yea, I do remember the pure shock I went through when that happened lol.  Not sure lightening strikes twice in the same place though.  Granted, I'm not completely giving up hope, there is still a chance just not a big one in my book.  I'll be watching though and hoping that we do indeed pull out another miracle.

This team has already surprised the crap out of me this season, why not one more time.

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 March 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

You sound as if you attended the "Dale Brown School of Preparing for the NCAA". Whenever LSU was already "In" under Brown, they always mailed in their SEC Tournament appearance. Was a waste of their money to travel to the SEC Tournament.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 10 March 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

You sound as if you attended the "Dale Brown School of Preparing for the NCAA". Whenever LSU was already "In" under Brown, they always mailed in their SEC Tournament appearance. Was a waste of their money to travel to the SEC Tournament.

Well, it's a great environment and a lot of fun for the players; but lots of teams with high aspirations mail it in for the SECT... it just doesn't mean much unless a team needs it to get to the big dance.

I think UK4Life said the other day that not going all out to win the SECT in 2012 played a big part in them being fresh for the NCAAT and winning it all.

In some conferences the winner of the tourney determines their champion, which is stupid because you could have a lousy team be dead last in the conference and not have done anything all year be your conference champion just by going on a lucky roll for 3 or 4 games... thankfully we don't do that dumb Posted Image in the SEC.

Ultimately the SECT trophy is a nice little trinket for the trophy case; but it definitely isn't a good tradeoff for a FF appearance and/or a shot at a NC.
Posted ImagePosted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's actually very common that the ncaa champs aren't their conference tourney champs.

To a point where I think the coaches play a part in the loss. I won't be that surprised if Florida doesn't win it. I also won't be at all surprised if they do considering the competition

Edited by UK4Life, 10 March 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think we'll rest for the third game.
Most likely, Young, Prather, and Yeguete see limited minutes the first two games.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I could see us getting bounced in the 2nd game by the Arkansas/Tennessee winner though.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SECT is typically an excuse for Kentucky fans to drunkenly overrun downtown Atlanta or Nashville and piss of the handful of the other fan bases who actually show up.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users