Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Tournament Mens Bracket

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Maybe you ought to reread some of those bowl threads; they got some heat for Posted Imageting the bed against OU.

Still, when your team has won 3 of the previous 4 NC's, loses its next chance on a freak FG return for a TD, and then still finishes 10-2 and ranked #7... it's hard to dump on them too much.

UK has been significantly different. Yes, you won a title in 2012, but that's definitely not the same as 3 of the last 4; and to top it off, you lost to a mid-major in the 1st round of the NIT last year, are limping down the home-stretch this year, and are currently unranked.

There's obviously a lot more ammunition to fire at UK in basketball than there is at Bama in football.
We were one 3 ptr from a Final Four Cal's first year 2010, lost by 1 in Final Four to champion UConn, and won it all in 2012.  We've had last season, which was a failure because we didn't get Teague back and had to deal with Harrow, a bust, plus Noel getting injured trying to block Beal.  We still finished in second.  This is the lone season where Cal has not delivered, thus far. Again, finished second, which is considered failure here.  We haven't even played in the SECT or NCAA, so things can change.

Now then, did you see me on here trashing you guys for going 4-8? The answer is no you didn't.

Edited by PuddingTime, 13 March 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Football talk in a basketball thread?What's this world coming to?

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Someone tell Jeff Goodman to stick to print media only.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 13 March 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Florida fans don't have a single thing basketball related to be butthurt about at the moment.
Wait until tomorrow. :trollface:

Who the hell am I kidding, we're going to lose by 50.

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 13 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 13 March 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

This is why we fight for truth, liberty, and Kentucky justice.

Lmao but seriously wtf are we gonna do when we draw LSU and they beat our ass.  The tweak better be all its hyped up to be.
I'm not buying the "tweak" they're talkin about.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 13 March 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

I'm not buying the "tweak" they're talkin about.
Me either.  He's already tried to undersell it somewhat... Maybe its a gimmick and it motivates the team, but really Cal just needs to accept this team for what it is and focus on getting them prepared for next year.

Or, maybe we've had our come to Jesus moment a la 2011.  At this point....who knows.
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even with my massive amount of student loan debt, I will still help pay Grant's buyout if they ask me to.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 13 March 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

We were one 3 ptr from a Final Four Cal's first year 2010, lost by 1 in Final Four to champion UConn, and won it all in 2012.  We've had last season, which was a failure because we didn't get Teague back and had to deal with Harrow, a bust, plus Noel getting injured trying to block Beal.  We still finished in second.  This is the lone season where Cal has not delivered, thus far. Again, finished second, which is considered failure here.  We haven't even played in the SECT or NCAA, so things can change.

Now then, did you see me on here trashing you guys for going 4-8? The answer is no you didn't.

:lol: Of course not, Puddin, we've beat y'all 27 times in a row, including 1 of our lame ass 4 wins last year... kinda hard to smack talk the other team under those circumstances.

But if you win this year I'm sure as hell prepared for the fallout I know is coming; and that's all I'm saying... if 1 of your teams wins big and you never let folks forget it, you have to be prepared for the backlash on those rare occasions when you get beat and/or don't live up to the expectations.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Unranked Baylor crushing #17 OU.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 13 March 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

:lol: Of course not, Puddin, we've beat y'all 27 times in a row, including 1 of our lame ass 4 wins last year... kinda hard to smack talk the other team under those circumstances.

But if you win this year I'm sure as hell prepared for the fallout I know is coming; and that's all I'm saying... if 1 of your teams wins big and you never let folks forget it, you have to be prepared for the backlash on those rare occasions when you get beat and/or don't live up to the expectations.
And this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say we have to deal with 8 months of being talked down to and then 4 months of everyone whining that we're dicks during basketball season.

As for if we win in football, it will be nice but I don't care.  Tennessee is our hated enemy, I don't care about that streak.  Win the next 50 if it means we beat Tennessee the same.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 13 March 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Even with my massive amount of student loan debt, I will still help pay Grant's buyout if they ask me to.

I got $5 on it.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 13 March 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

I got $5 on it.

pffft I'll give 100 to see him gone.

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
At long last, this nightmare of a season is over.

We didn't win a single game away from Coleman Coliseum all year.

Only bright spot was our diamond in the rough, Trevor Releford. Thanks for the memories, Relly...I think he could go 2nd round in the draft, honestly.

Got some key guys coming back next year. Just gotta hope that Grant makes some changes to get this team to score points and maybe recruits another big man. His seat is on fire, but based on the comments Bill Battle made a week or so ago, I think he gets one more year. Sigh.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

4-0 (1-0)

Next Game: @ Ole Miss Rebels

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium

Oxford, Mississippi

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Time to repeat as champions, lol jk, we are gonna lose next round most likely. But we are beating that ass tonight.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"Everyone in the SEC has beautiful facilities"
Lol, i see you have yet to go to Oxford.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users