Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

SEC Network; Aug. 14 Launch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anybody have Verizon Fios?

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 07 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just :lanekiffin:ed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

Strange, they've always bent over backwards for me and always work with me so my bill stays the same year after year, even though I've upgraded both equipment and programming. They even sent me a free digital antenna for my Hopper with sling to pick up any additional local HD channels they may not have, and it's usually $35.

Of course you can't just talk to the flunky answering the phone; you always have to ask to speak to a supervisor, just like with most companies... those initial reps don't have much authority to make too many financial decisions.
Posted ImagePosted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 09 March 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Strange, they've always bent over backwards for me and always work with me so my bill stays the same year after year, even though I've upgraded both equipment and programming. They even sent me a free digital antenna for my Hopper with sling to pick up any additional local HD channels they may not have, and it's usually $35.

Of course you can't just talk to the flunky answering the phone; you always have to ask to speak to a supervisor, just like with most companies... those initial reps don't have much authority to make too many financial decisions.

went thru 6 people and got nowhere. two days later direct was in and they called right after the guy installing it left.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've got Time Warner and it's horrible
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 09 March 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

went thru 6 people and got nowhere. two days later direct was in and they called right after the guy installing it left.

Wow, well, may not make much of a difference soon if they merge, as most analysts think is inevitable.

So many cable and media companies are merging or trying to merge that it will be a favorable environment for the sat companies to do it too eventually.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 09 March 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

I've got Time Warner and it's horrible

Had for about a month, awful.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Time Warner bought out Insight last summer and took over here.  They are horrible. I'll have 10-15 min. periods once a week where internet doesn't work, cable TV feed has a lot of random audio issues and the picture gets jacked up or freezes at random times.  Their customer servicee is even worse.  BBQit hit the nail on the head...these companies just don't give a Posted Image about their customers. Insight wasn't good, but it was light years better than TWC.  Only reason I haven't left them is because I'm waiting to see how this SECN plays out and evaluate my options come August.

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 07 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just :lanekiffin:ed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

You know you can buy those things for like 10$

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 09 March 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Wow, well, may not make much of a difference soon if they merge, as most analysts think is inevitable.

So many cable and media companies are merging or trying to merge that it will be a favorable environment for the sat companies to do it too eventually.

True

Edited by bbqit, 09 March 2014 - 01:34 PM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 March 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

You know you can buy those things for like 10$

Never seen one for sale
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 09 March 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Never seen one for sale

How many do you need?

http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40
Hot damn here I am!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOneBigDawg, on 14 March 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

None now. The direct tv one works
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 09 March 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Time Warner bought out Insight last summer and took over here.  They are horrible. I'll have 10-15 min. periods once a week where internet doesn't work, cable TV feed has a lot of random audio issues and the picture gets jacked up or freezes at random times.  Their customer servicee is even worse.  BBQit hit the nail on the head...these companies just don't give a :lanekiffin: about their customers. Insight wasn't good, but it was light years better than TWC.  Only reason I haven't left them is because I'm waiting to see how this SECN plays out and evaluate my options come August.

Smart move; best thing to do is look at their programming, decide what you want, and then see how much it would cost with each one... then it's just a matter of getting advice from folks who have or had the service to get an idea about reliability.

I've had a lot of the services offered in the South; Dish, Directv, AT&T U-verse, Cox cable, Comcast cable, Charter cable.

The best for price, reliability, programming, options, and customer service in my experience has been Dish... they even e-mail me when a promotion is about to end and provide me with the new ones.

U-verse isn't bad as far as price and reliability, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to getting an English-speaking human being on the phone that can actually help you.

The worst by far, in every category, especially reliability, was Charter cable. It dropped services several times every single day, and 2 years of bringing repair/service people out never fixed the problem. I was literally on a first-name basis with everyone in their customer service and tech support departments... as well as the local office. Taking their box back to them was one of my best days of that time period; I Posted Image you not, a huge wave of calm and relief washed over me as I left their building.

Comcast was great for me; but I'm aware that opinion isn't shared by everyone... but over 2 years time I never had the internet or cable drop out, and never had to call customer service.

It's been awhile since I had Directv and Cox cable; so I can't comment on their reliability. But when I was shopping for sat services, it would have cost me $50 more per month to have the same channel lineup on Directv as Dish, and Dish has more HD channels, more promotions, and better equipment. And while I don't use Cox cable, I do still use their internet and it's been outstanding.
Posted ImagePosted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cox Communications blows ass, to be perfectly honest.

When I was in Louisiana, Dish was way better than Direct was. Direct's signal seemed to drop when the wind blew too hard. I know people in other places say the same about Dish.

More options up here. I'm hoping Uverse gets extended to my neighborhood soon. Their internet is way better than cables, and I don't use TV service anymore. I pick up the networks through a digital antennae and either stream/download everything else. (I guess it helps that we use the wife's parents information for hbogo, netflix, amazon, etc.)
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Swapped from dish to direct. I have no doubt direct has better equipment. As for the rest of it they seem the same to me
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users