Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Network; Aug. 14 Launch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 04 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

DirecTV is now on board. http://espnmediazone...august-14-2014/

Thank goodness. I was hoping I would be able to see the post-Manziel murder at the hands of Spurrier without having to switch providers.
Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
With the addition of Charter, the SEC Network will be available in 91 million homes.

Julia Boorstin @JBoorstin
Disney's Bob Iger calls SEC network launch "best launch in cable history" but won't reveal $s. $DIS

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 05 August 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

There will be a Gameday style show at the same time of ESPN gameday.   It's going to be hosted by Joe Tess, Tebow, Marcus Spears, and Finebaum. So no...it won't be better quality than the ESPN version, hah.  

Since it will be focusing entirely on SEC football though, it may end up being more interesting to us anyway.

I assume Joe Tess is Joe Tessitore from Friday Night Fights ESPN? I like him.

Tebow, not so much. Listen, I know he has a legendary status in SEC lure but he's too much "nice guy" to keep it real and say it like it is.

Marcus Spears I have no clue about. I youtubed some of his stuff. He seems okay. I like that he speaks his mind, doesn't pull punches. Atleast he doesn't clown around and seems to take his opinions serious.

Finebaum is nice. People can say what they want, and maybe he is too pro-Alabama but I think he has a great grasp of the conference and I enjoy him. ESPN Gameday guys were brutal on him and wouldn't let him talk so I'm excited he will have a larger role and more air time.

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
im hanging on to verizon for one more week.  then its satellite or back to comcast for me.
they just moved FXX out of the sports channels, so fingers crossed that slot is open for SEC Network.

Posted Image

LadyLSU22

LadyLSU22
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postfoxflyer5, on 23 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

so who has dish?
lets say I wanna get the dish and a box, but not really install it.  just use it free standing for the deck and tailgates.
are they gonna insist in installing it tHroughout the house?
or would they just say heres the dish, point it here, and heres the box, plug it in and connect them?

It sounds like you could use DISH's Tailgater. It's a mobile satellite TV antenna that you can take camping or set up in your back yard. You basically just need an HD solo receiver from DISH, your TV, a power source for the TV/receiver, and the Tailgater. It's pretty sweet because it supports HD and SD programming, and it automatically finds the satellite signal. I'm not a satellite nerd, but I do work at DISH, so I have some experience with it.

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLadyLSU22, on 09 August 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

It sounds like you could use DISH's Tailgater. It's a mobile satellite TV antenna that you can take camping or set up in your back yard. You basically just need an HD solo receiver from DISH, your TV, a power source for the TV/receiver, and the Tailgater. It's pretty sweet because it supports HD and SD programming, and it automatically finds the satellite signal. I'm not a satellite nerd, but I do work at DISH, so I have some experience with it.

This, and if that doesn't work or is too expensive you can buy one for an RV that uses a portable stand. You can order these without having anyone come out to the house through an RV supply dealer.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 09 August 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

This, and if that doesn't work or is too expensive you can buy one for an RV that uses a portable stand. You can order these without having anyone come out to the house through an RV supply dealer.

You can buy that equipment from Taylor rental here
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFAN, on 05 August 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Do we have any idea what the programming will be?

Can we please get a quality game day show on Saturdays mornings.

It'll be called SEC Nation from what I've heard and it'll be a lot like College Gameday from what I've heard they've modeled the show after it.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLadyLSU22, on 09 August 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

I was researching that. it sounded like people who didnt have dish in their house were having trouble getting an update code or some such thing when they were using the first time.

Posted Image

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
  • Anyone know what channel the SEC Network is going to be on with Dish Network?

Hot damn here I am!!

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 05 August 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

No official announcement yet, but saw a USA Today article claiming Charter has an agreement in place...they're just finalizing details.

There will be a Gameday style show at the same time of ESPN gameday.   It's going to be hosted by Joe Tess, Tebow, Marcus Spears, and Finebaum. So no...it won't be better quality than the ESPN version, hah.  

Since it will be focusing entirely on SEC football though, it may end up being more interesting to us anyway.

Seriously, Tebow? As much as the dude loves being in front of a camera, I don't think thats his calling either. Sounds like a pre-pubescent kid and has a stupid little smirk 90% of the time. You can't just go grabbing up any failed NFL talent all willy nilly, they have to be good at commentating

Tebow will be like the less drunk and even less well spoken version of Paula Abdul on this show. I would honestly rather listen to Lou Holtz's crazy ass incoherent nonsense

Edited by GatorHater24, 10 August 2014 - 12:31 PM.

LadyLSU22

LadyLSU22
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postfoxflyer5, on 10 August 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

I was researching that. it sounded like people who didnt have dish in their house were having trouble getting an update code or some such thing when they were using the first time.

That may have been a temporary issue, but a local DISH retailer will be your best bet to go over all the details with you. I could probably message you more info if you want.

LadyLSU22

LadyLSU22
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOneBigDawg, on 10 August 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

• Anyone know what channel the SEC Network is going to be on with Dish Network?

We just released this info a couple of days ago. If you have DISH's Hopper, The SEC Network will be on 404. If you have our older receivers, it'll be on 408, 596, and 597. It's going to be included in America's Top 120 Plus packages and higher.

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks!!!  I do have the Hopper and America's top 120 so channel 404 it is.  B)

What's weird though is you would think this close to launch there would actually be a channel 404 and show what it is going to be. No 404 on my guide though......

Edited by OneBigDawg, 13 August 2014 - 03:40 AM.

Hot damn here I am!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users