Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Ultimate Eating CROW or Idioms Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love reading old threads about Mizzou joining the SEC and everyone saying how we suck at football, will get blown out, easy win, etc.

http://www.sectalk.c...in-eastern-div/

http://www.sectalk.c...the-sec-thread/

I especially liked this:

Attached File  Untitled picture.png   574.64K   7 downloads

Also, who can forget about @SECats and @KneesInTheBreeze saying we wouldn't win a conference game this year.

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't like Alabama

Did I do this thread correctly?

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 04 March 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I don't like Alabama

Did I do this thread correctly?
That is the proper answer to every thread.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlusterbubby, on 03 March 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Let's start with this one...
Original Post Title:
Article: Texas A&M To Join the Southeastern Conference
Posted Image

Posted Image
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 04 March 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

I love reading old threads about Mizzou joining the SEC and everyone saying how we suck at football, will get blown out, easy win, etc.

http://www.sectalk.c...in-eastern-div/

http://www.sectalk.c...the-sec-thread/

I especially liked this:

Attachment Untitled picture.png

Also, who can forget about @SECats and @KneesInTheBreeze saying we wouldn't win a conference game this year.

No smack just pointing out those predictions have been halfway correct. I wouldn't count on UF and UT to remain the dumpster fire they were last year every year either.

2nd year in going to the SECCG is aight though.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 04 March 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

No smack just pointing out those predictions have been halfway correct. I wouldn't count on UF and UT to remain the dumpster fire they were last year every year either.

2nd year in going to the SECCG is aight though.
Never win a division? That's already wrong. Other predictions about annual cellar dweller are wrong too. We certainly aren't going to consistently have the season we had this year but we aren't going to be an easy, guaranteed cupcake win like a lot of the predictions said.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think Mizzou's success is here to stay. They are a more complete program than the Johnny Football Show in College Station. Them Gators will be back too. The East will be decided between UF and Mizzou for a while, the West (and SEC 'ship) will run through the state of Alabama.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 09 March 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I think Mizzou's success is here to stay. They are a more complete program than the Johnny Football Show in College Station. Them Gators will be back too. The East will be decided between UF and Mizzou for a while, the West (and SEC 'ship) will run through the state of Alabama.
The huge thing A&M have that will keep them a top team in the future is the entire state of Texas. They can recruit all the kids and give them the pitch of playing in the SEC and staying in their home state.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
True that but that doesnt really seem to be making a difference. Name an A&M player besides Manziel and Evans... I cant do it. Kids in Texas know they can go a few states over, win some championships and go to the league.

Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven

SECTalk's resident "Bro"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mizzou = Arkansas. Will make it to the SECCG here and there, but pretty much will be fighting for middle of the pack in the east.

IMO
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 09 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

True that but that doesnt really seem to be making a difference. Name an A&M player besides Manziel and Evans... I cant do it. Kids in Texas know they can go a few states over, win some championships and go to the league.
Well they also had Jake Matthews who will be a top 10 pick this year. I also know Ben Malena and Trey Williams. Also they have really only had one full year worth of the SEC pitch and that resulted in a top 5 recruiting ranking.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 09 March 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well they also had Jake Matthews who will be a top 10 pick this year. I also know Ben Malena and Trey Williams. Also they have really only had one full year worth of the SEC pitch and that resulted in a top 5 recruiting ranking.

Hope they recruited some guys on D!

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

The J-Hey Kid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posthog_heaven, on 09 March 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Mizzou = Arkansas. Will make it to the SECCG here and there, but pretty much will be fighting for middle of the pack in the east.

IMO
Average to above average and an annual bowl team with a year like last year sprinkled in every 6 or so years.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 09 March 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Average to above average and an annual bowl team with a year like last year sprinkled in every 6 or so years.

Maty Mauk is gonna be special. He is an Ohio product, if they can own Ohio in recruiting they will stay up.

Posted Image