Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Remember when we use to be competitive in all of our big 3 sports?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

machineguntiger

machineguntiger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
will we ever get back to that? I just can't figure Barbee out the dude seems lost on the sidelines. crapping away games against Florida & Vandy  (im more pissed about Vandy ) simply because we let a walk on do what ever he wanted and had no answer at all.... as soon as vandy got hot our guys just said.. F' it and that was that and its not just these two games its been a common theme ever since he's been here.....it seems like he wants to get fired

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think you're right.  Barbee is a great X's and O's coach but his ability to motivate, inspire and coach in games leaves lots to be desired...  IMO this is a make it or break it year.
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Football comes first at the Barn

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Definitely Football will always be first.  That doesn't mean it's OK for basketball and baseball to suck.  We had a long and successful run in baseball that ended in 2000 when Hal Baird  retired and we have struggled for the most part since then.  I think we have our best coach since Baird now in Golloway, so hopefully that's going to change.  Basketball my expectation is less but we should be able to make a tourney appearance every 2-3 years and make a run in the NIT in the off years - hell we can't even do that lately....  I thought Barbee might be the guy, but its looking more and more like I missed that call...

Edited by GvilleDave, 24 February 2014 - 10:47 PM.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If Tennessee doesn't rehire Pearl then he should be the coach to go after. Six years he was there they made in the big dance every year.

Barbee might be a X and O coach but your not gonna do jack Posted Image with only 2 and 3 star recruits. Doesn't matter what kind of coach you are.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not talking any trash, but I don't remember AU ever being particularly competitive in basketball and baseball?

2 conference titles in basketball 39 years apart, in '60 and '99. 8 NCAA Tourneys 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1999, 2000, 2003. No Final Fours.

6 conference titles in baseball, the most recent in the '70's. 1937, 1958, 1963, 1967, 1976, 1978. 4 CWS appearances in 1967, 1976, 1994, 1997.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Competitive is a relative term.  To me I am not expecting basketball to be mor than a top half of the SEC.  Would I like better? Sure but as bad as we have been for so long I am just looking for a decent product that is worth watching and following...

Baseball I have higher expectations and think we have hired a coach that can deliver.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How are we expected to win a road game if y'all can Barbee.He's been very generous to us.

All kidding aside,I'm tired of sucking in basketball too.

machineguntiger

machineguntiger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I saw this on another board a few weeks ago it was a comparison between Lebo's & Barbee's tenure here at auburn that read.

"Lebo was never going to work out at all and it showed the longer he stayed here in the end both sides (Auburn & Lebo) grew tired of each other."

"Barbee is a classic example of staying in a marriage for the kids. he never has looked like he wanted to be here since day one and if both sides could have a do over both Auburn & Barbee would probably take it and go their separate ways and be a lot better of"

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll trade you some CWS and final four appearances for 1 SEC championship in football.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I understand AU fans' frustration; once football season and NSD are over, the fans are still fans and want to avoid the DT's by continuing to pull for their school, so being at least competitive in the other 2 major sports becomes a pretty big deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 26 February 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I understand AU fans' frustration; once football season and NSD are over, the fans are still fans and want to avoid the DT's by continuing to pull for their school, so being at least competitive in the other 2 major sports becomes a pretty big deal.

I don't know which is worse,the football DT's or the scours from watching basketball.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We feel your pain. But football dominance is worth the trade off. Rarely do you excel in all sports. The gators occasionally.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users