Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Wow....Bielema

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 March 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Nowadays he couldn't do that because the offense jumps to the line so the defense can't sub they're calling it the HUNH..lol

And leach teams didn't? Dude just pick your moments. Learn to play more than one play at a time. As soon as an incomplete pass comes or a penalty or a tackle for loss you got your chance. Make a play and their offense slows down enough to do your thing. These guys aren't moving so fast your head is spinning.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 March 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

I agree the OL has to jell as they say but the answer to my question is because it takes alot more out of a player on defense, its more strenuous.. my roster just like yours is about 65-70% defensive players.

There is a clear advantage to this HUNH better yet hurry up to the line so the defense can't sub and we dictate when subs are made offense. Its changed the game since 2008 and is diluting college football.

One of the most impressive games I've ever seen and your old enough to remember too is Bama vs Miami in 1992... games like that are becoming a thing of the past.

I don't understand why you keep using the phrase, "diluting college football".

Please elaborate.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Please elaborate.

Seems like he's saying it's bridging the gap between top and bottom teams. And making power team vs power team matchups less exciting

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Please elaborate.

Is Big12 and Pac football not terrible for you to watch too? SECCG 52-45..

Defense wins championships maybe the most over used thing ever said...but it does. Those HUNH teams are notorious for not playing defense see:52-45 SECCG or BCSNC.

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 March 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Is Big12 and Pac football not terrible for you to watch too? SECCG 52-45..

Defense wins championships maybe the most over used thing ever said...but it does. Those HUNH teams are notorious for not playing defense see:52-45 SECCG or BCSNC.

Ah okay.  So it's just not playing the type of football that you like to watch.

This is an honest question, didn't Orgeon run a HUNH vs Auburn in the BCSNC?

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 07 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Seems like he's saying it's bridging the gap between top and bottom teams. And making power team vs power team matchups less exciting

Oh, so teams like OM are supposed to cater to the Bamas of the league.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 07 March 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ah okay.  So it's just not playing the type of football that you like to watch.

This is an honest question, didn't Orgeon run a HUNH vs Auburn in the BCSNC?

I don't like it but that has nothing to do with it. It isn't consistent! Back 12 post ago with my best Saban hands its all about consistency..

They did and Auburn won on a last second field goal that could have went either way.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 07 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

It may be but this isn't some new offensive scheme, gameplan, coaching, etc etc that is narrowing the gap. Its Mickey mouse jump to the line so the other team can't sub.

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 07 March 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Oh, so teams like OM are supposed to cater to the Bamas of the league.

Again I'm talking to you because you keep quoting me. I don't think I nor Saban really care what OM caters to.

Edit.
Sorry that came out in type a little different than I meant. I was trying to say I was discussing it as football fans not fans of OM or Bama. I don't have anything against OM actually my 2nd fave team.

Edited by RammaJamma, 07 March 2014 - 05:59 PM.

ROLL TIDE!!

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well all Auburn had to do in the 2nd half of the NC game is not Posted Image up. They kinda did and FSU won, with defense.
Posted Image
Formerly known as Pork Rinds

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In my back yard doin wind sprints to the line. I will be fast enough to watch Ole Miss football without putting the tv in slo mo. My wife is on the treadmill. She said she could sub for me when I needed to get a beer. She said she would be ready to run into my den any moment I make the call. She also said if I decide on a couple of hot wings while I'm up she might not be able to hang on long. I gave her the ok to fake a fall and hit the pause button if need be.

This whole thing done got silly. Everybody lighten up. No ball till August.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Btw my wife is a Bama fan. She said Saban is a good coach that recruited good players that will win against Ole Miss no matter what offense we play. Given those facts and our record against Bama I had no response to that
Du-te la dracu 'LSU