Ole Miss 7 slapped with $2m civil suit - Ole Miss Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Ole Miss 7 slapped with $2m civil suit

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Seven Ole Miss football players, including the Nkemdiche brothers, slapped with $2 million civil suit

Posted by Chris Huston on February 19, 2014, 6:23 PM EST

AP

Brothers Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche, along with five unnamed Ole Miss teammates, have been slapped with a $2 million civil suit filed by a plaintiff who alleges they beat him unconscious about a year ago at a fraternity party.

The suit was filed last last week by Matthew Baird, who alleges that he was beaten by the players at a party held at the Kappa Alpha fraternity house last February 17th. Baird was treated for multiple injuries, including to his head. He is seeking $1 million in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive damages.

Mississippi responded to the suit with a statement in support of the Nkemdiche brothers and the other players.

“When this alleged incident occurred, the proper authorities investigated the matter and could find no evidence of wrong-doing related to Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche or any other members of our football program,” athletics director Ross Bjork said in a statement. “This is a personal matter for them and we will support Denzel and Robert while they defend themselves in this civil case.”

Even though Ole Miss stands behind its players, it can’t be too excited with how the offseason is going so far. Denzel Nkemdiche was suspended recently, along with teammate Serderius Bryant, after being arrested for disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace. Reserve cornerback Bobby Hill was also suspended after an arrest while defensive end Channing Ward pled guilty to DUI charges last week.

Edited by Noah, 20 February 2014 - 11:08 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We already had a thread about this, you're a little bit late.

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-12 (10-8)

Next Series: @Kentucky

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 20 February 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

We already had a thread about this, you're a little bit late.

And it got murged in with some other bullPosted Image. GL OP

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users