Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Vandy Tata arrested DUI hit and run, fleeing etc.

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 February 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

It's actually better now than it would have been a couple of weeks ago... NSD is over and VU doesn't have to worry about losing guys at the positions he coached.

Now you are hiring guys everyone else has passed over. So you get guys that don't fit your scheme or chemistry. Good 3/4 DLine coaches are in high enough demand to make a hire now a compromise where as retaining the guy you brought with you will be a non story in a week.

Posted Image


#17
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610
And let's be honest, Vandy is likely to be in the bottom two in the SEC this year regardless of who they hire so why not keep the guys mason wants instead of a one year rental of a warm body.

Posted Image


#18
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,352
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    900
  • High Fives:
    3,344

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 February 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:



Now you are hiring guys everyone else has passed over. So you get guys that don't fit your scheme or chemistry. Good 3/4 DLine coaches are in high enough demand to make a hire now a compromise where as retaining the guy you brought with you will be a non story in a week.
non story in a week.... everyone already forgot vandy had a football team.

#19
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610

View Postpossumslayer, on 19 February 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

non story in a week.... everyone already forgot vandy had a football team.

Barring a dead coed or live boy showing up in a coach or players bed I doubt they could make a full news cycle until the Jimmy' team rape case.

Posted Image


#20
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,352
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    900
  • High Fives:
    3,344

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 February 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:



Barring a dead coed or live boy showing up in a coach or players bed I doubt they could make a full news cycle until the Jimmy' team rape case.
Nashville is a great city...I would make vandy move tooo Memphis if I was the Governor.

#21
A10Rebel

A10Rebel

    brrrrrrrrttt....

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,773
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,591
oh good. It looks like another gangbang...I'm here for it.

Attached Files



#22
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,741
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,773
Tata put the administration in a tight spot.If they want to keep him they need to send him to rehab or something like that.The players don't need the message that it's ok if you're a coach and do this.





#23
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444
The most amusing aspect of all this Vandy bashing is that Vols are actually stooping low enough to even bother. :lol:

You can tell VU has won the last 2 straight because there was a time when UT was so vastly superior to their in-state "rival" that not only wouldn't they have wasted their time commenting on Vandy threads started by somebody else, they damn sure wouldn't have taken the time to keep starting threads themselves, even if the school had been caught harboring Bin Laden.

It's a win for Commodore fans; they became enough of a threat to warrant a little hate... they're relevant again.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#24
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 February 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

The most amusing aspect of all this Vandy bashing is that Vols are actually stooping low enough to even bother. :lol:

You can tell VU has won the last 2 straight because there was a time when UT was so vastly superior to their in-state "rival" that not only wouldn't they have wasted their time commenting on Vandy threads started by somebody else, they damn sure wouldn't have taken the time to keep starting threads themselves, even if the school had been caught harboring Bin Laden.

It's a win for Commodore fans; they became enough of a threat to warrant a little hate... they're relevant again.

Til the season starts, then they go back to the front door and assume the doormat position.

Posted Image


#25
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 February 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Til the season starts, then they go back to the front door and assume the doormat position.

I'm not so sure they're just going to vanish in the 1st year without JF; may take a couple of years to get back to that popsition, assuming the new coach doesn't turn out to be very good and doesn't actually build on it.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#26
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 February 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm not so sure they're just going to vanish in the 1st year without JF; may take a couple of years to get back to that popsition, assuming the new coach doesn't turn out to be very good and doesn't actually build on it.

No jordan matthews or blind luck means 3-5 wins tops. They were a 3/4 win team last year that needed UF/UGA giving up, an activist replay official in the UT game and a tough highschool OOC schedule to on paper be more than they were. It will be up to UK more than Vandy as to whether they are last or next to last in the SEC.

Posted Image


#27
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 February 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

No jordan matthews or blind luck means 3-5 wins tops. They were a 3/4 win team last year that needed UF/UGA giving up, an activist replay official in the UT game and a tough highschool OOC schedule to on paper be more than they were. It will be up to UK more than Vandy as to whether they are last or next to last in the SEC.

Jordan Matthews was just one dude; while he certainly helped and was a great player, he wasn't responsible for Vandy winning all those games.

If you want to know where VU's newfound strength came from, look no further than their defense. In 2010 it was dead last in the SEC in total defense; in 2011 it had moved up to #6, #5 in 2012, and #6 in 2013.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#28
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,887
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,610

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Jordan Matthews was just one dude; while he certainly helped and was a great player, he wasn't responsible for Vandy winning all those games.

If you want to know where VU's newfound strength came from, look no further than their defense. In 2010 it was dead last in the SEC in total defense; in 2011 it had moved up to #6, #5 in 2012, and #6 in 2013.

So you didn't watch any of their games. Understandable, it is Vandy after all.

Posted Image


#29
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 February 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

So you didn't watch any of their games. Understandable, it is Vandy after all.

Yeah, watched 'em all, including the ones they won despite Matthews not being much of a factor, like against us, where he caught 5 passes for a grand total of 45 yards and no TD's.

That's how I know you once again have no clue what you're talking about. One of life's amusing ironies, the most clueless folks tend to want to prove it the most often and the most vociferously... it's cool with me, though, whenever I need a good chuckle I just log on and look for your posts. They never fail to elicit a laugh, a shake of the head, and a "bless his heart".

Matthews only had 5 TD's in the entire regular season, so he wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Like I said, he was a great WR, and had great yardage numbers; but he didn't decide games all by himself... VU's sudden defensive makeover made them competitive in most of their games.

I guarantee you they wouldn't have gone 9-4 last year with their typical last place defense. That you still haven't figured out that defense runs this conference is not surprising, though; the team you support doesn't seem to have figured that out, either.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 19 February 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#30
Boba Fett

Boba Fett

    Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,582
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Atlanta,GA
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,384

View Postpossumslayer, on 19 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

:lanekiffin: Posted Image dammit..

I have a hangover and my car is :lanekiffin:ed up.
Am I a vandy coach?
Did you stick your pecker in a toaster ?

Edited by Boba Fett, 19 February 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users