Ole Miss Basketball Recruiting - Ole Miss Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Ole Miss Basketball Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gonna start this thread, basketball recruiting is much slower and much less exciting than football. But will update this with any tidbits of news that I get through rivals.
We have four commits so far, going to describe each of them and their roles

2014 COMMITS

---------------------------

JT Escobar: Shooting guard from Talahassee. Good scorer, average defensively. Primarily recruited to potentially replace Henderson, likes the idea of being a primary scorer.

Marcanvis Hymon: 3* Small Forward from Memphis, Hard worker, has a good chance to start right away, physical player who will make an impact on the inside.

Stefan Moody: 3* PG from Kilgore, TX. Dynamic scorer with an insane vertical, emotionally charged, got kicked off of FAU for drug charges. Expect him to bring the energy just like Henderson does on the current Ole Miss squad.

Rauno Nurger: 3* PF from Wichita, Kansas. Solid work ethic, elite defensively, very raw offensively. He moves very well, great shot blocker, decent from the perimeter and he is developing his post game.

Roderick Lawrence: UR SF from South Plains C.C. Good rebounder, possible good leader.

M.J Rhett: Transfer from Tennessee State, PF. Very experienced, will be very important to next years squad. GREAT get.

‚Äč---------------------------

Sources also say that Kennedy is heavily recruiting 2015 PG Kevin Dorsey, from Virginia, Devaughn Purcell, from Eastern Oklahoma State C. C, and SF Jared Drew from Louisiana. Will update information on them as I get it.

OFFERS LIST: Click Here

Basketball recruiting is small, so don't expect many updates, and Ole Miss is a mediocre at best program, so don't expect any big splashes.

Edited by adfalcon, 18 April 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-11 (10-8)

Next Series: Mississippi State

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 17 February 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Need to target some 4* recruits. Mississippi produces some talented players so i see no reason not to offer schollys to those kids. Kennedy isn't gonna take OM anywhere if he keeps getting the same kind of recruits every year. Im sure all this is easier said than done.

Once that new arena is built i would imagine recruiting to pick up. When's it gonna start?
We can't get any good recruits as long as we have Posted Image facilities, and remain labeled as a school that only cares about football and baseball. The new arena will open January 2016 just in time for conference play, and once the recruits see that then we can get some 4*'s.
He is offering more talented recruits though, including 5* PG Malik Newman from Jackson. Doubt he comes here, but it's not like Kennedy ain't trying.

Posted Image

30-11 (10-8)

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like the part where the guy who's been in trouble for drugs will be the one to replace Henderson

adfalcon

adfalcon

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 23 February 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

I like the part where the guy who's been in trouble for drugs will be the one to replace Henderson
It's quite ironic, and I hope he is good enough that everyone will hate him as they hate Henderson.

Posted Image

30-11 (10-8)

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 23 February 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

It's quite ironic, and I hope he is good enough that everyone will hate him as they hate Henderson.

I don't miss stans, but I miss having players good enough to be hated.

This is just brutal what's happening on our side of the pond.

adfalcon

adfalcon

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Added Lawrence and Rhett.
I am really excited about us nabbing Lawrence, he was getting attention from the likes of Uconn so us getting a good rebounder is amazing.

Posted Image

30-11 (10-8)

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 17 February 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

We can't get any good recruits as long as we have Posted Image facilities, and remain labeled as a school that only cares about football and baseball. The new arena will open January 2016 just in time for conference play, and once the recruits see that then we can get some 4*'s.
He is offering more talented recruits though, including 5* PG Malik Newman from Jackson. Doubt he comes here, but it's not like Kennedy ain't trying.
Precisely.  You have to at least put out the full court press on those in state studs.  Joker wouldn't even do it when he was out coach.  He conceded that he was wasting his time and his efforts were better spent on croots he thought he could land.  Seriously said that.  I knew he wasn't going to last long.  I know Cal's looked at Newman.  Who knows, maybe he wants to stay in Mississippi.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

adfalcon

adfalcon

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The person I am most excited to see is Stefan Moody. Dude is insane, only 5'9 yet has an insane vertical. Also, he is like Marshall in that he is a good three point shooter and has INSANE energy. Dude will talk Posted Image up and down the court.
Highlight Videos:

Posted Image

30-11 (10-8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users