Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Arkansas basketball vs. Auburn 1999

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 17 February 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

1999 had a pretty solid SEC representation. I remember Arkansas Auburn Florida Kentucky and Tennessee made the dance... maybe one more.  Kentucky lost to Michigan State in the Elite 8, also won SECT that year.  Unfortunately didn't defend our 1998 natty.  Auburn choked against someone, I'd have to Google it.
It was Ohio State in the Sweet 16.

View PostFidy8, on 17 February 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

I dont know if it was 99 but the year Porter was In His prime we lost In The sweet 16 to a mello led Syracuse team that won it all.
You're thinking of 03, the Marquis Daniels led team that beat Josh Howard and the 2 seed Wake Forest but lost to Carmelo and Syracuse who won the title.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 17 February 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

I dont know if it was 99 but the year Porter was In His prime we lost In The sweet 16 to a mello led Syracuse team that won it all.

I remember when porter played high school ball against my team and put on a show. He was screwing around with the Henry co sheriffs daughter and got her hooked on coke and that led to his drug arrest back home right after he got in the NBA.
Melo and Cuse won it in 2003.  Kentucky was the overall #1 seed and got knocked out by Marquette's Dwayne Wade's triple double.
Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My bad, as you can tell I'm not great on my bball stats but I just remembered getting beat by Syracuse and giving them all they wanted. I just assumed it had to be when Porter was there because we had a great season, and they don't come often.