Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Frank Haith the Worst Coach in the SEC?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

I care a lot.But what the hell can I do but support my team...crap,man.I can't do everything around here.

By the way,I pictured John Belushi in Animal House yelling about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor when I read this...ha.good rant.
I was definitely Posted Imagefaced posting that.
Posted Image

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!
The officiating has almost ruined the sport, many sports for that matter, for me. Either that or nobody knows how to play the game anymore leaving the refs with no other option but to constantly blow the whistle or pick and choose when to make a call.
HelmMap.gif

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

I care a lot.But what the hell can I do but support my team...crap,man.I can't do everything around here.

By the way,I pictured John Belushi in Animal House yelling about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor when I read this...ha.good rant.
Arkansas and Tennessee have very faithful fan bases considering their situation. ADs just won't put in the effort they do in bball as fball.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 15 February 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Arkansas and Tennessee have very faithful fan bases considering their situation. ADs just won't put in the effort they do in bball as fball.

Actually I was surprised when Long pulled the trigger on Pel.With the class he was bringing in and what he had coming back I thought he was fixin to turn the corner.Maybe there was something I didn't know about.Butts in the seats,or lack of,will get you the ax here quicker than anything.

Bringing Anderson back was about revitalizing the fanbase and giving the fans what he felt they wanted.I think there is a strong committment to basketball,but we need a coach to put the product on the floor.Hopefully Mike can do it,if not he'll be canned and Long will roll the dice again.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Actually I was surprised when Long pulled the trigger on Pel.With the class he was bringing in and what he had coming back I thought he was fixin to turn the corner.Maybe there was something I didn't know about.Butts in the seats,or lack of,will get you the ax here quicker than anything.

Bringing Anderson back was about revitalizing the fanbase and giving the fans what he felt they wanted.I think there is a strong committment to basketball,but we need a coach to put the product on the floor.Hopefully Mike can do it,if not he'll be canned and Long will roll the dice again.
Well Arkansas typically always has talent on the floor. Comes with being a high profile program. Just needs to find someone who can win a freakin away game.
Posted Image

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

I think what happened to Pelphrey was the same as Heath. They had already decided to fire them much earlier than it appeared.
HelmMap.gif

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 15 February 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

Well Arkansas typically always has talent on the floor. Comes with being a high profile program. Just needs to find someone who can win a freakin away game.
We know that, but for one reason or another our hires since Nolan have had issues and motives besides hiring the best coach and giving him what he needs.
HelmMap.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users