Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Is Frank Haith the Worst Coach in the SEC?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 14 February 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

In the SEC...the better your football team does the worse your basketball team does, and vice versa. I thought y'all got the memo.
No kidding. Your team's best player for awhile was a freaking WR! I believe state also has some football players that see playing time.

No worries tho, the Harrison twins gonna be our two best WRs next season. ;)

Edited by UK4Life, 14 February 2014 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 14 February 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

His one strength is bringing in talent. Granted he has a wired fetish for transfer but they all seem to be talented.

Tony Barbie hands down. Counzo and Mark Fox are neck and neck for second and hairy is third, imo.

Some people think crootin is apart of coaching but if ya don't then haith could be first.

I'm one of those that says recruiting is a part of coaching prowess, too, as long as folks make allowances for where the coach is recruiting players to... some programs would still attract great players if Elmer Fudd was the coach.

In the SEC...the better your football team does the worse your basketball team does, and vice versa. I thought y'all got the memo.

Florida begs to differ...

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
nice set of balls.

no sam.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Y'all are just the exception that makes it a rule. But even the Gators aren't immune...look at the current season

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Or you can be Mississippi State
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 14 February 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Y'all are just the exception that makes it a rule. But even the Gators aren't immune...look at the current season

The current season doesn't start until August, but if you mean last season that makes sense.

Of course there's the season prior to that when we went 11-2 in football and made the Elite 8 in basketball.

Hopefully the staff changes help Muschamp challenge Billy for official BCOC (Big Coach On Campus) again this year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

You guys hired a basketball coach from Miami. I don't know wtf you expected.  He's mediocre at best and I've said so numerous times.  Should have fought to keep Anderson.  He's much better than Haith.

Go hire Bruce Pearl before one of these other schlubs does.

Ummm. No. He's our backup in case Ray fails.**
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 14 February 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

Ummm. No. He's our backup in case Ray fails.**
I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!
Posted Image

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When is his contract up?  The thing that bugs me the most is that we aren't even the best team in our state.  SLU is good.  Why don't we just take their coach?
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 15 February 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

When is his contract up?  The thing that bugs me the most is that we aren't even the best team in our state.  SLU is good.  Why don't we just take their coach?
I'm not sure how much it is the coach or not.  They got a new coach after Majerous died. They are the same as we were two years ago, a team of all seniors with amazing chemistry.

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much it is the coach or not.  They got a new coach after Majerous died. They are the same as we were two years ago, a team of all seniors with amazing chemistry.

I didn't really research who their coach was, I just saw them playing earlier and that they're #12 in the country.  Last I saw they were trying to give a game away to Shaka Smart and VCU tho...
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 15 February 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

I didn't really research who their coach was, I just saw them playing earlier and that they're #12 in the country.  Last I saw they were trying to give a game away to Shaka Smart and VCU tho...

They're about to fade into nothingness give it another year or 2
2014 SEC East Champions!!!

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can't mention worst coach without mentioning Grant. I used to like watching Bama basketball, but it just pisses me off nowadays.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!

I care a lot.But what the hell can I do but support my team...crap,man.I can't do everything around here.

By the way,I pictured John Belushi in Animal House yelling about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor when I read this...ha.good rant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users