Is Frank Haith the Worst Coach in the SEC? - Page 2 - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Frank Haith the Worst Coach in the SEC?

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:




Florida begs to differ...

Posted Image

Y'all are just the exception that makes it a rule. But even the Gators aren't immune...look at the current season
all your bases are belong to us

#17
GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,803
  • Joined:
    Nov 2012
  • Cash:
    510
  • High Fives:
    837

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:







Florida begs to differ...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18
bluelightstar

bluelightstar

    State Alum, UA Law Student

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,242
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,474

View Postcocky4ever, on 14 February 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

In the SEC...the better your football team does the worse your basketball team does, and vice versa. I thought y'all got the memo.

Or you can be Mississippi State
Posted Image

#19
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,634
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,921

View Postcocky4ever, on 14 February 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Y'all are just the exception that makes it a rule. But even the Gators aren't immune...look at the current season

The current season doesn't start until August, but if you mean last season that makes sense.

Of course there's the season prior to that when we went 11-2 in football and made the Elite 8 in basketball.

Hopefully the staff changes help Muschamp challenge Billy for official BCOC (Big Coach On Campus) again this year.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    12,505
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,379

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

You guys hired a basketball coach from Miami. I don't know wtf you expected.  He's mediocre at best and I've said so numerous times.  Should have fought to keep Anderson.  He's much better than Haith.

Go hire Bruce Pearl before one of these other schlubs does.

Ummm. No. He's our backup in case Ray fails.**
Posted Image

#21
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,915
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,692

View Post1dawgfan09, on 14 February 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:



Ummm. No. He's our backup in case Ray fails.**
I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

#22
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,583
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Location:
    Fairfax, MO
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,338
When is his contract up?  The thing that bugs me the most is that we aren't even the best team in our state.  SLU is good.  Why don't we just take their coach?
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#23
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,306
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,710

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 15 February 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

When is his contract up?  The thing that bugs me the most is that we aren't even the best team in our state.  SLU is good.  Why don't we just take their coach?
I'm not sure how much it is the coach or not.  They got a new coach after Majerous died. They are the same as we were two years ago, a team of all seniors with amazing chemistry.
Posted Image

#24
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,583
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Location:
    Fairfax, MO
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,338

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much it is the coach or not.  They got a new coach after Majerous died. They are the same as we were two years ago, a team of all seniors with amazing chemistry.

I didn't really research who their coach was, I just saw them playing earlier and that they're #12 in the country.  Last I saw they were trying to give a game away to Shaka Smart and VCU tho...
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#25
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,463
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    2,150
  • High Fives:
    3,477

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 15 February 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

I didn't really research who their coach was, I just saw them playing earlier and that they're #12 in the country.  Last I saw they were trying to give a game away to Shaka Smart and VCU tho...

They're about to fade into nothingness give it another year or 2
2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#26
nooneLT

nooneLT

    Mello Yello

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,353
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,576
Can't mention worst coach without mentioning Grant. I used to like watching Bama basketball, but it just pisses me off nowadays.

#27
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!

I care a lot.But what the hell can I do but support my team...crap,man.I can't do everything around here.



By the way,I pictured John Belushi in Animal House yelling about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor when I read this...ha.good rant.

#28
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,915
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,692

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:



I care a lot.But what the hell can I do but support my team...crap,man.I can't do everything around here.



By the way,I pictured John Belushi in Animal House yelling about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor when I read this...ha.good rant.
I was definitely Posted Imagefaced posting that.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

#29
Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,108
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Dec 2008
  • Location:
    Northern Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    248

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 February 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't see him succeeding.  Maybe hes a good xs and os guy.  Great, congratulations.  You have to recruit talent as well,and you have to coach it up.  

This conference needs y'all and some other folks to step it up. Big time.  Im looking at you Arkansas.  You Mizzou.  You Tennessee.  You Alabama.  You LSU.  You Vanderbilt.  And you State.  South Carolina...y'all have no excuse.  The support is there.  All of these programs are capable of getting quality talent.  But the in state talent either goes elsewhere or just doesn't get coached up like it should.  This is basketball people!  One class, one player... It's not like football.  You can turn it around in one season, easily.

Kentucky and Florida can't be the only two programs that are respected in this conference. There's no valid excuse for the piss poor play I see every week in this conference.   The problem is the fans.  Everywhere in the SEC, outside of Lexington.

I don't understand why no one gives a Posted Image about basketball outside of Kentucky.  The rest of you only do when you're randomly respectable.  Demand better!
The officiating has almost ruined the sport, many sports for that matter, for me. Either that or nobody knows how to play the game anymore leaving the refs with no other option but to constantly blow the whistle or pick and choose when to make a call.
HelmMap.gif

#30
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713

View PostUK4Life, on 15 February 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:


Arkansas and Tennessee have very faithful fan bases considering their situation. ADs just won't put in the effort they do in bball as fball.

Actually I was surprised when Long pulled the trigger on Pel.With the class he was bringing in and what he had coming back I thought he was fixin to turn the corner.Maybe there was something I didn't know about.Butts in the seats,or lack of,will get you the ax here quicker than anything.

Bringing Anderson back was about revitalizing the fanbase and giving the fans what he felt they wanted.I think there is a strong committment to basketball,but we need a coach to put the product on the floor.Hopefully Mike can do it,if not he'll be canned and Long will roll the dice again.









0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users