Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
2118 replies to this topic

#616
DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    252
  • Joined:
    Dec 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    90
Maybe a small victory in splitting the series with no. 6 LSU. The last two were close throughout with the last ending in a tie. I honestly didn't know they ended in ties. Maybe this will give a little momentum.  Would love to knock off Clemson tomorrow night.

#617
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,741
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,772
I enjoy having good pitching,but I'd love to see some timely bats.We strand too dam many runners and it's frustrating as crap.

#618
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,228
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,375

View PostDGD, on 24 March 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Maybe a small victory in splitting the series with no. 6 LSU. The last two were close throughout with the last ending in a tie. I honestly didn't know they ended in ties. Maybe this will give a little momentum.  Would love to knock off Clemson tomorrow night.

The sec has a time set where no inning can start after that time so that players can get back to campus for class.

#619
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,061
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,868

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 March 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I enjoy having good pitching,but I'd love to see some timely bats.We strand too dam many runners and it's frustrating as crap.
We did too but I'm optimistic about us now since we've proven we can play with the upper tier teams like ya'll. Gaspard is proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#620
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,228
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,375

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 24 March 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

We did too but I'm optimistic about us now since we've proven we can play with the upper tier teams like ya'll. Gaspard is proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

Gaspard has been doing a good job the past 3 years. It's just gone unnoticed by many Bama fans. He cleaned house and has recruited his tail off. Players are just now starting to age some. Can't win in this league with nothing but freshmen. Now he has a good balanced club with some depth.

#621
DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    252
  • Joined:
    Dec 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    90

View PostGoldenRebel, on 24 March 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

The sec has a time set where no inning can start after that time so that players can get back to campus for class.

I actually had no idea about that rule until yesterday afternoon.  3:45 was the cut off for an inning to start, learn something new everyday.  A tie is better than a loss I suppose, especially when you consider it was against the no. 6 team in the nation.

#622
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,061
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,868

View PostGoldenRebel, on 24 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Gaspard has been doing a good job the past 3 years. It's just gone unnoticed by many Bama fans. He cleaned house and has recruited his tail off. Players are just now starting to age some. Can't win in this league with nothing but freshmen. Now he has a good balanced club with some depth.
Wells, as good a coach as he was, screwed us so bad by coming back after he left the first time. We had nothing but mediocre pitching with no bats when he finally did leave. I was hard on Gaspard up til this year and I'm glad I was wrong.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#623
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,228
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,375

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 24 March 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Wells, as good a coach as he was, screwed us so bad by coming back after he left the first time. We had nothing but mediocre pitching with no bats when he finally did leave. I was hard on Gaspard up til this year and I'm glad I was wrong.

Don't worry @UAdan has been calling me nuts for 2 years when talking about gaspard

#624
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,731
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,256
We are officially a top ten baseball squad! Now time to Posted Image it up next week.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#625
Large Marge

Large Marge

    Ask me about Loom

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,688
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Columbia, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,178
Only dropped to #2 following our series loss to uK. Not bad.
Posted Image

#626
PSchneide

PSchneide
  • Members
  • Posts:
    1
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Mar 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    0
With thanks, Awesome information!

Also visit my webpage: web page (click through the up coming document)

#627
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    18,543
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,043

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 March 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I enjoy having good pitching,but I'd love to see some timely bats.We strand too dam many runners and it's frustrating as crap.

Nothing frustrates me more than to have the team I'm pulling for do that consistently.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#628
gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    300
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    289
Benches clear in Jacksonville vs FSU. FSU runner plowed our pitcher on a grounder towards 1B and our first baseman took offense and shoved him. All three ejected. We are 3 outs away from winning the first 2 games this year vs FSU
Posted Image

#629
tawoody

tawoody
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    355
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    132

View Postgatorbait2014, on 25 March 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Benches clear in Jacksonville vs FSU. FSU runner plowed our pitcher on a grounder towards 1B and our first baseman took offense and shoved him. All three ejected. We are 3 outs away from winning the first 2 games this year vs FSU

Literally after every pitch it looks like the possibility of a brawl.  Both teams are pissed
Posted Image

#630
gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    300
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    289
It was pretty fun to watch. Glad we got the win
Posted Image



Similar Topics




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users