The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread - Page 41 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 41

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2092 replies to this topic

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We took 2 of 3 from UT on the road this weekend. Our lineup is steady, but has games of inconsistency which is to be expected with our young lineup.

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We took 2 of 3 from UT on the road this weekend. Our lineup is steady, but has games of inconsistency which is to be expected with our young lineup.

tawoody

tawoody
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm usually not to worried about Alabama but it looks like they have a really good pitching staff this season.  I know they pitched well against Kentucky who has proven they can really hit.
Posted Image

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
KY takes the series 2-1 against SC in really our first road trip. Montgomery is not the Friday night shutdown guy that Roth and Cooper before him were, but thats not to take anything away from Kentucky. They are hitting great right now.

Edited by JohnRambo, 23 March 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe a small victory in splitting the series with no. 6 LSU. The last two were close throughout with the last ending in a tie. I honestly didn't know they ended in ties. Maybe this will give a little momentum.  Would love to knock off Clemson tomorrow night.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I enjoy having good pitching,but I'd love to see some timely bats.We strand too dam many runners and it's frustrating as crap.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDGD, on 24 March 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Maybe a small victory in splitting the series with no. 6 LSU. The last two were close throughout with the last ending in a tie. I honestly didn't know they ended in ties. Maybe this will give a little momentum.  Would love to knock off Clemson tomorrow night.

The sec has a time set where no inning can start after that time so that players can get back to campus for class.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 March 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I enjoy having good pitching,but I'd love to see some timely bats.We strand too dam many runners and it's frustrating as crap.
We did too but I'm optimistic about us now since we've proven we can play with the upper tier teams like ya'll. Gaspard is proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 24 March 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

We did too but I'm optimistic about us now since we've proven we can play with the upper tier teams like ya'll. Gaspard is proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

Gaspard has been doing a good job the past 3 years. It's just gone unnoticed by many Bama fans. He cleaned house and has recruited his tail off. Players are just now starting to age some. Can't win in this league with nothing but freshmen. Now he has a good balanced club with some depth.

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 24 March 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

The sec has a time set where no inning can start after that time so that players can get back to campus for class.

I actually had no idea about that rule until yesterday afternoon.  3:45 was the cut off for an inning to start, learn something new everyday.  A tie is better than a loss I suppose, especially when you consider it was against the no. 6 team in the nation.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 24 March 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Gaspard has been doing a good job the past 3 years. It's just gone unnoticed by many Bama fans. He cleaned house and has recruited his tail off. Players are just now starting to age some. Can't win in this league with nothing but freshmen. Now he has a good balanced club with some depth.
Wells, as good a coach as he was, screwed us so bad by coming back after he left the first time. We had nothing but mediocre pitching with no bats when he finally did leave. I was hard on Gaspard up til this year and I'm glad I was wrong.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 24 March 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Wells, as good a coach as he was, screwed us so bad by coming back after he left the first time. We had nothing but mediocre pitching with no bats when he finally did leave. I was hard on Gaspard up til this year and I'm glad I was wrong.

Don't worry @UAdan has been calling me nuts for 2 years when talking about gaspard

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We are officially a top ten baseball squad! Now time to Posted Image it up next week.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Only dropped to #2 following our series loss to uK. Not bad.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 March 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Nothing frustrates me more than to have the team I'm pulling for do that consistently.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users