Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2118 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 21 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

How'd that OOC schedule work out for ya?

Did you have nails for dinner, man? :trollface:
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 21 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

How'd that OOC schedule work out for ya?

i would say well....cohen works his way up to a post-season sexplosion.....slow, steady, yet reliable as the sunrise.

bianco, on the other hand, blows his wad as soon as a cute girl shoots him a wink....

its a marathon, not a sprint.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 March 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Did you have nails for dinner, man? :trollface:
Nope, but I had them for breakfast, without any milk B)
#8 Ole Miss Rebels: 8-3(4-3)
Laquon Treadwell@SuccessfulQuon
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 21 March 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

i would say well....cohen works his way up to a post-season sexplosion.....slow, steady, yet reliable as the sunrise.

bianco, on the other hand, blows his wad as soon as a cute girl shoots him a wink....

its a marathon, not a sprint.
And I would say that this OM team team is the toughest we have had since maybe 2009. I really hope this team is different, with Posted Imagety expectations and all I won't be disappointed most likely as long as we make a regional.
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 21 March 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

And I would say that this OM team team is the toughest we have had since maybe 2009. I really hope this team is different, with Posted Imagety expectations and all I won't be disappointed most likely as long as we make a regional.

i thought yall have done exceptionally well...sure, yall have had a crapload of one run wins, but thats a hallmark of a consistent team.  that might concern me a bit if im an om fan because usually, the season evens out in single run games, but you cant complain.  

if im an om fan, this year, i just enjoy the ride.....yall werent expected to do anything, yet have played MUCH better than expected.  many of yall thought yall might struggle to even make the postseason.  

bianco got crucified for that change that cost yall the carolina game, but in the real world, thats probably the right call (certainly, the call professional teams would make), so, as far as im concerned, yall should be thinking extension.  i think yall are kinda coming around on that, but bianco was on the hot seat preseason.  it hurts him even worse that cohen is ballin out, but surely, sooner or later, by if nothing other than sheer luck, he will make a cws appearance.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 21 March 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

i thought yall have done exceptionally well...sure, yall have had a crapload of one run wins, but thats a hallmark of a consistent team.  that might concern me a bit if im an om fan because usually, the season evens out in single run games, but you cant complain.  

if im an om fan, this year, i just enjoy the ride.....yall werent expected to do anything, yet have played MUCH better than expected.  many of yall thought yall might struggle to even make the postseason.  

bianco got crucified for that change that cost yall the carolina game, but in the real world, thats probably the right call (certainly, the call professional teams would make), so, as far as im concerned, yall should be thinking extension.  i think yall are kinda coming around on that, but bianco was on the hot seat preseason.  it hurts him even worse that cohen is ballin out, but surely, sooner or later, by if nothing other than sheer luck, he will make a cws appearance.
I don't understand people who bashed Bianco for bringing Laxer in. He's our closer, we're facing the #1 team on the road, he has been consistently good, 99/100 times we win that game but we lost, that's just baseball.
Totally agree with you on enjoying the ride though, this is his best managed season so far by far, and we have already done better than I thought we would. And with us showing so much consistency in late innings, showing that toughness, I could see us have the toughness to finally do something worth a Posted Image in the regionals/super regionals. Because giving up late runs has been our Posted Imageing nightmare in the super regionals.
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 21 March 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

I don't understand people who bashed Bianco for bringing Laxer in. He's our closer, we're facing the #1 team on the road, he has been consistently good, 99/100 times we win that game but we lost, that's just baseball.
Totally agree with you on enjoying the ride though, this is his best managed season so far by far, and we have already done better than I thought we would. And with us showing so much consistency in late innings, showing that toughness, I could see us have the toughness to finally do something worth a Posted Image in the regionals/super regionals. Because giving up late runs has been our :lanekiffin:ing nightmare in the super regionals.

cohen did the same thing with holder....two games that cost us....and games that pushed holders era over 10.  i think those were back-to-back losses too, but thats baseball.  Posted Image happens.

people were going rabid over that bianco call, but in the end, it only matters in the postseason.  considering how well yall played that series, i was very surprised bianco caught so much crap over it.  seriously, yall played EXTREMELY well and on the road no less.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 21 March 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

cohen did the same thing with holder....two games that cost us....and games that pushed holders era over 10.  i think those were back-to-back losses too, but thats baseball.  Posted Image happens.

people were going rabid over that bianco call, but in the end, it only matters in the postseason.  considering how well yall played that series, i was very surprised bianco caught so much crap over it.  seriously, yall played EXTREMELY well and on the road no less.
I guess it hurts more because of the big difference people see with 1 win and 2 wins in a series. I mean, it's not like Bianco went out there and was like "Hey, Laxer, blow this game for us."
But I am overall happy with how we played, overjoyed, actually. If we can play like that every series, we have the potential to host a regional at the very least. (Of course I don't expect that, although,)
That is the nature of some modern Ole Miss fans, we lose a basketball game? Fire Kennedy and relegate the whole program.
Lose a baseball game? Fire Bianco.
Lose a football game? Jesus Christ, the world is about to end!
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 21 March 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

I guess it hurts more because of the big difference people see with 1 win and 2 wins in a series. I mean, it's not like Bianco went out there and was like "Hey, Laxer, blow this game for us."
But I am overall happy with how we played, overjoyed, actually. If we can play like that every series, we have the potential to host a regional at the very least. (Of course I don't expect that, although,)
That is the nature of some modern Ole Miss fans, we lose a basketball game? Fire Kennedy and relegate the whole program.
Lose a baseball game? Fire Bianco.
Lose a football game? Jesus Christ, the world is about to end!

we have been telling yall u were delusional...for years, but meh...nobody wants to hear that.  some of yalls fans are crazed and lose sight that you live in the poorest, fattest, dumbest state in the nation with the least resources of just about anybody.  thats the reality....for us too.  being better than most is a great accomplishment and anything better than that is gravy.  mmmmm....delicious gravy to fill our fat, poor, stupid, cholesterol-impregnated veins.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
if i was the gloating type (and i am), i would say something to the effect of, state outscored lsu in a single game vs lsu in the entire series vs vandy.  ross mitchell gives us the upper hand tomorrow, but typing this Posted Image almost always make the author look stupid....so, vandy fans, i will show up tomorrow and im wrong, you can proceed to anchor down as you see fit.  otherwise, prepare your anchor hole.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Didn't expect to see Bama take game 1 from the hogs by that margin. Me thinks fluky. Be nice to take the series tomorrow.

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kind of worked out ok for Bama, with the weather. Beeks was throwing well and Bama's starter was struggling. After the delay that flipped. We had chances to get out of several innings with minimal damage, but an error or two led to huge innings •.

And we left 8 runners on base the first 4 innings. That didn't help. I can't go today , but I'll be at Baum tomorrow
Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 March 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

I thought Vandy was good........Beede didn't make it past three innings.

Sample size....David Price got shelled once too.

Beede will be fine. He just didn't have his command last night and State took advantage of it.

I mean yesterday, 3 of your top 5 not only lost, but it wasn't even close (FSU, USC, VU). And Rodon, the consensus #1 pick in June, got hit pretty hard too. It's baseball, Posted Image happens.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image
Formerly known as vandyfan84

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 21 March 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

if i was the gloating type (and i am), i would say something to the effect of, state outscored lsu in a single game vs lsu in the entire series vs vandy.  ross mitchell gives us the upper hand tomorrow, but typing this Posted Image almost always make the author look stupid....so, vandy fans, i will show up tomorrow and im wrong, you can proceed to anchor down as you see fit.  otherwise, prepare your anchor hole.

So you win 1 game and now you're in the talking hit mode? We still have 2 very good starters left an the deepest bullpen in the country. Come at me bro.

Also...VU has yet to lose on a Saturday.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image
Formerly known as vandyfan84

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
MSU logic, wins their first legit game of the year, talks Posted Image.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users