The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread - Page 26 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 26

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2118 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bring it, Rebs....errr, Bears.
:trollface:
http://www.gamecocks.../031314aaa.html

South Carolina (16-0) begins SEC play on Friday, March 14 beginning a three-game series with Ole Miss (16-2). First pitch for the opener is 7 p.m. at Carolina Stadium. The game can be heard on the Gamecock IMG Network including flagship station 107.5 FM, "The Game." It will also be streamed live on ESPN3 and the All Access Channel on GamecocksOnline. Saturday's game is 4 p.m. and will also be streamed on ESPN3 and GamecocksOnline. Sunday's series finale will be only streamed on GamecocksOnline and will have a first pitch of 1:30 p.m.

South Carolina is ranked No. 1 by Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball, the NCBWA and the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll as well as No. 3 by Perfect Game. Ole Miss is ranked No. 12 in the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll, No. 14 by the NCBWA, No. 16 by Collegiate Baseball, No. 21 by Baseball America and No. 24 by Perfect Game.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network; Flagship 107.5 FM The Game.

Internet: Additional coverage on Twitter @GamecockBasebll and Facebook/Gamecocksonline

Friday Live Video
Friday ESPN3 Live Stream

Friday
South Carolina - Jordan Montgomery (Jr. LHP) 3-0, 1.99 ERA, 22.2 IP, 8 BB, 25SO
Ole Miss - Chris Ellis (Jr. RHP) 2-0, 0.00 ERA, 27.2 IP, 10 BB, 20 SO

Saturday
South Carolina - Jack Wynkoop (So. LHP) 4-0, 1.37 ERA, 26.1 IP, 3 BB, 24 SO
Ole Miss - Christian Trent (So. LHP) 2-0, 3.96 ERA, 25.0 IP, 1 BB, 25 SO

Sunday
South Carolina - Wil Crowe (Fr. RHP) 3-0, 0.99 ERA, 27.1 IP, 3 BB, 21 SO
Ole Miss - Sam Smith (Jr. RHP) 3-0, 1.61 ERA, 22.1 IP, 6 BB, 13 SO

SCOUTING OLE MISS
Ole Miss brings a 16-2 record to Carolina Stadium and are ranked as high as No. 12 in the nation in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll.

The Rebels have won all four weekend series this year with a weekend sweep at Stetson, a pair of wins vs. Georgia State and sweeps of UCF and Arkansas-Little Rock at home.

Ole Miss is one of the more experienced teams in the league this year with seven of nine projected position starters juniors or seniors.

Ole Miss ranks second in the SEC in hitting with a .323 average at the plate.

Junior outfielder Auston Bousfield leads the team with a .413 average and 16 runs scored.

Senior catcher Will Allen owns a .338 average at the plate as well as 23 RBI, the second highest RBI total in the SEC.

Senior second baseman Preston Overbey is hitting .343 and senior third baseman Austin Anderson owns a .338 average.

Junior right-hander Chris Ellis leads the rotation with a 2-0 record and a 0.00 ERA in 27.2 innings. He has allowed just one unearned run in four starts.

Sophomore left-hander Christian Trent is 2-0 with a .396 ERA with 25 strikeouts and junior right-hander Sam Smith sports a 3-0 record with a 1.61 ERA.

The Rebels did lose two starters from their weekend rotation last year as both Bobby Wahl and Mike Mayers were selected in the top five rounds of the 2013 MLB Draft. Wahl went 10-0 on the mound with a 2.03 ERA and Mayers finished 5-6 with a 2.83 ERA. Ole Miss also lost first-team All-America catcher Stuart Turner, who hit .374 with five homers and 51 RBI on his way to the Johnny Bench Award award.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
PS: I think we can all agree that the fine folks over at The Perfect Game are complete fools.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@GoldenRebel yeah I forgot to mention, you're games tonight and tomorrow are on ESPN3
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 14 March 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Bring it, Rebs....errr, Bears.
:trollface:
http://www.gamecocks.../031314aaa.html

South Carolina (16-0) begins SEC play on Friday, March 14 beginning a three-game series with Ole Miss (16-2). First pitch for the opener is 7 p.m. at Carolina Stadium. The game can be heard on the Gamecock IMG Network including flagship station 107.5 FM, "The Game." It will also be streamed live on ESPN3 and the All Access Channel on GamecocksOnline. Saturday's game is 4 p.m. and will also be streamed on ESPN3 and GamecocksOnline. Sunday's series finale will be only streamed on GamecocksOnline and will have a first pitch of 1:30 p.m.

South Carolina is ranked No. 1 by Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball, the NCBWA and the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll as well as No. 3 by Perfect Game. Ole Miss is ranked No. 12 in the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll, No. 14 by the NCBWA, No. 16 by Collegiate Baseball, No. 21 by Baseball America and No. 24 by Perfect Game.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network; Flagship 107.5 FM The Game.

Internet: Additional coverage on Twitter @GamecockBasebll and Facebook/Gamecocksonline

Friday Live Video
Friday ESPN3 Live Stream

Friday
South Carolina - Jordan Montgomery (Jr. LHP) 3-0, 1.99 ERA, 22.2 IP, 8 BB, 25SO
Ole Miss - Chris Ellis (Jr. RHP) 2-0, 0.00 ERA, 27.2 IP, 10 BB, 20 SO

Saturday
South Carolina - Jack Wynkoop (So. LHP) 4-0, 1.37 ERA, 26.1 IP, 3 BB, 24 SO
Ole Miss - Christian Trent (So. LHP) 2-0, 3.96 ERA, 25.0 IP, 1 BB, 25 SO

Sunday
South Carolina - Wil Crowe (Fr. RHP) 3-0, 0.99 ERA, 27.1 IP, 3 BB, 21 SO
Ole Miss - Sam Smith (Jr. RHP) 3-0, 1.61 ERA, 22.1 IP, 6 BB, 13 SO

SCOUTING OLE MISS
Ole Miss brings a 16-2 record to Carolina Stadium and are ranked as high as No. 12 in the nation in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll.
The Rebels have won all four weekend series this year with a weekend sweep at Stetson, a pair of wins vs. Georgia State and sweeps of UCF and Arkansas-Little Rock at home.

Ole Miss is one of the more experienced teams in the league this year with seven of nine projected position starters juniors or seniors.
Ole Miss ranks second in the SEC in hitting with a .323 average at the plate.
Junior outfielder Auston Bousfield leads the team with a .413 average and 16 runs scored.
Senior catcher Will Allen owns a .338 average at the plate as well as 23 RBI, the second highest RBI total in the SEC.
Senior second baseman Preston Overbey is hitting .343 and senior third baseman Austin Anderson owns a .338 average.
Junior right-hander Chris Ellis leads the rotation with a 2-0 record and a 0.00 ERA in 27.2 innings. He has allowed just one unearned run in four starts.
Sophomore left-hander Christian Trent is 2-0 with a .396 ERA with 25 strikeouts and junior right-hander Sam Smith sports a 3-0 record with a 1.61 ERA.

The Rebels did lose two starters from their weekend rotation last year as both Bobby Wahl and Mike Mayers were selected in the top five rounds of the 2013 MLB Draft. Wahl went 10-0 on the mound with a 2.03 ERA and Mayers finished 5-6 with a 2.83 ERA. Ole Miss also lost first-team All-America catcher Stuart Turner, who hit .374 with five homers and 51 RBI on his way to the Johnny Bench Award award.
Friday's game is gonna be a Posted Imageing slugfest, but I project Chris Ellis gives up his first earned run tonight.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can not wait. While I fully expect to lose at least 2 games it's just nice to see some SEC baseball and what better way to start it off than SC.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 14 March 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

PS: I think we can all agree that the fine folks over at The Perfect Game are complete fools.

I tend to agree with Kendall more times than not.

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 March 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I tend to agree with Kendall more times than not.
I used to till this year.  Call me homer but Virginia and FSU have no business being ranked ahead of us given the results of games played this season.  WTF is UCLA and Indiana doing ahead of Ole Miss? Mississippi State is 12-7 for crissakes...everyone else has them below a 14-2 Ole Miss team but PG.  I dunno...it's early yet I know but man, there is so many WTF's in PG's rankings, it's hard to take seriously.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 14 March 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

I used to till this year.  Call me homer but Virginia and FSU have no business being ranked ahead of us given the results of games played this season.  WTF is UCLA and Indiana doing ahead of Ole Miss? Mississippi State is 12-7 for crissakes...everyone else has them below a 14-2 Ole Miss team but PG.  I dunno...it's early yet I know but man, there is so many WTF's in PG's rankings, it's hard to take seriously.

He's stated several times that he ranks teams based on where he thinks they will be at the end of the year. How good they are. Not what they've done so far

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Now that we are actually playing somebody, I am fully expecting to watch Mike Bianca to Posted Image the bed, once again.

If he takes 2/3, or at least posts one impressive win over Sah Kerlina, I may reconsider my opinion of him, but history appears to be on my side regarding this.

And yes, @GoldenRebel and @adfalcon, it wouldn't be Ole Miss baseball season if a hater didn't show up to bash Bianca. :trollface:  /s

Ole Miss Rebels  1-0  (0-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 14 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Now that we are actually playing somebody, I am fully expecting to watch Mike Bianca to Posted Image the bed, once again.

If he takes 2/3, or at least posts one impressive win over Sah Kerlina, I may reconsider my opinion of him, but history appears to be on my side regarding this.

And yes, @GoldenRebel and @adfalcon, it wouldn't be Ole Miss baseball season if a hater didn't show up to bash Bianca. :trollface:  /s
Fair enough, since I consider myself a full supporter of Bianco as of this moment. Wouldn't be too upset if we got swept this weekend, although, USCe is the #1 team and we are a little too young to be to their level yet.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 March 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Fair enough, since I consider myself a full supporter of Bianco as of this moment. Wouldn't be too upset if we got swept this weekend, although, USCe is the #1 team and we are a little too young to be to their level yet.

The fact that we aren't as good as they are is Bianca's fault. He's Posted Image the bed enough to hold us back. We have just as much money and fan support with a comparable stadium. The only difference is the product on the field. And theirs is much better every year.

In before lottery

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 March 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

The fact that we aren't as good as they are is Bianca's fault. He's Posted Image the bed enough to hold us back. We have just as much money and fan support with a comparable stadium. The only difference is the product on the field. And theirs is much better every year.

In before lottery
Damn GR. Why did you have to go and Posted Image on my ideals all like that? :trollface:
Getting rid of Bianco is a tricky deal, I mean, I am pretty sure we are a regional team this year, but if we flop in the postseason yet again we have to draw the line somewhere,
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 March 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

In before lottery
I blame it on the concrete. Always will.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 March 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Damn GR. Why did you have to go and Posted Image on my ideals all like that? :trollface:
Getting rid of Bianco is a tricky deal, I mean, I am pretty sure we are a regional team this year, but if we flop in the postseason yet again we have to draw the line somewhere,

Sorry I just get kind of pissy when talking Bianca. I like him and want him to be able to stay forever. Just so torn right now