Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2110 replies to this topic

#1696
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,608
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    601
  • High Fives:
    16,535
It would be important if you were winning there.

Trophies, trophies, trophies

#1697
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    28,553
  • Age:
    35
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,847
nobody cares if they win the sec tournament in baseball. The general feeling is you just play until you lose then get ready to find out where you're getting sent (or who is coming to you) for regionals.
Posted Image

#1698
OmahaBound

OmahaBound

    Boston Strong

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,882
  • Age:
    34
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,815

View PostJoeGator, on 16 May 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

It would be important if you were winning there.

Trophies, trophies, trophies

It would be fun, but not important.

Ignoring the obvious Omaha goals, my priorities are:

1. National seed
2. SEC regular season title
3. Host  (if you win the regular season title you're obviously going to host)
4. Div title
5. Hoover
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

#1699
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,662
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,676
Only trophy that matters is that wood one with CWS written on it

#1700
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,849
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,222

View PostGoldenRebel, on 16 May 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

For me, hosting is all that matters. I don't care about the regular season or Hoover. Just host every year and the rest will fall into place

That's a bit of a contradictory statement isn't it? I agree that the tourney is useless except for teams that need it to get into the tourney.

But the regular season not only determines whether or not you get to host, but for how long; you can't really be concerned about hosting and not care about your regular season... they go hand-in-hand.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1701
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,662
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,676

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 May 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:



That's a bit of a contradictory statement isn't it? I agree that the tourney is useless except for teams that need it to get into the tourney.

But the regular season not only determines whether or not you get to host, but for how long; you can't really be concerned about hosting and not care about your regular season... they go hand-in-hand.

Idc if I finish 1st or 5th in the sec. Just host baby

#1702
razorhead

razorhead

    The Devil You Know

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    18,106
  • Age:
    50
  • Joined:
    Aug 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,064
Ole Miss and Omaha don't compute

Posted Image


#1703
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,849
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,222

View PostGoldenRebel, on 16 May 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Idc if I finish 1st or 5th in the sec. Just host baby

That's my point; if you finish 5th in the SEC you probably ain't hosting even a regional... finish 1st and you probably host all the way through the supers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1704
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,657
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    2,002
  • High Fives:
    9,628
@1dawgfan09: What is y'alls score?

In #TheNetwork We Trust


View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 28 November 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Give me Hugh freeze > Dan Mullen cuz it's the truth


The consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.” - Robert E. Lee


"So take a cup, a Red Solo cup,

And fill it full of beer!

The drunkest Rebels from Ole Miss,

Tonight are gathered here!


Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

For the glory of dear Ole Miss!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down, down, down!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down!"


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#1705
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Modern Day Whig. I'm down with Protectionist Tarrifs.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,713
  • Age:
    29
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,372

View PostForwardRebels, on 16 May 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

@1dawgfan09: What is y'alls score?

0-0. fourth.
"I already know what hell is like. I once coached at Ole Miss." Clark Randolf "Dudy" Noble.

#1706
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,657
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    2,002
  • High Fives:
    9,628

View Post1dawgfan09, on 16 May 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

0-0. fourth.
Thank ya sir.

Same here, but T2.

Posted Image


In #TheNetwork We Trust


View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 28 November 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Give me Hugh freeze > Dan Mullen cuz it's the truth


The consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.” - Robert E. Lee


"So take a cup, a Red Solo cup,

And fill it full of beer!

The drunkest Rebels from Ole Miss,

Tonight are gathered here!


Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

For the glory of dear Ole Miss!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down, down, down!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down!"


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#1707
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,849
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,222

View PostForwardRebels, on 16 May 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

@1dawgfan09: What is y'alls score?

Hey FR, I got your message, but the same problem that's making the notification tab stick is preventing me from answering your PM.

Oh, and check out this site; it's a running scoreboard for college baseball... http://www.d1basebal.../daily/0516.htm
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1708
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,849
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,222
Gators win 4-2, and take series... also take sole possession of SEC Championship.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1709
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    12,858
  • Age:
    59
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    1,600
  • High Fives:
    10,009

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 May 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:



Hey FR, I got your message, but the same problem that's making the notification tab stick is preventing me from answering your PM.

Oh, and check out this site; it's a running scoreboard for college baseball... http://www.d1basebal.../daily/0516.htm


I wish I had known about this site earlier.

#1710
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,657
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    2,002
  • High Fives:
    9,628
Ole Miss knocks off aTm 4-2 and takes the series.

Your SEC West Champs: The Ole Miss Rebels. :D

Edited by ForwardRebels, 16 May 2014 - 09:13 PM.

In #TheNetwork We Trust


View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 28 November 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Give me Hugh freeze > Dan Mullen cuz it's the truth


The consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.” - Robert E. Lee


"So take a cup, a Red Solo cup,

And fill it full of beer!

The drunkest Rebels from Ole Miss,

Tonight are gathered here!


Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

Hey, I think we need another drink,

For the glory of dear Ole Miss!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down, down, down!


For the Rebels are the best

And to hell with all the rest!

Drink ‘um down Ole Miss Rebels,

Drink ‘um down!"


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg