Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread - Page 19 - The Pros - SECTalk.com - Page 19

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

* * * * * 2 votes

1382 replies to this topic

#271
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,288
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,705

View PostThe Cowboy, on 26 February 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Spring training is enigmatic for me because I want to see the braves do good but the teams that do good in spring training usually suck during season and vice versa.
The worse the Cards do in Spring Training, the better I feel.
Posted Image

#272
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,212
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,029
We face the nationals for the first time in 2014, Bryce Harper was struck out by Teheran on three pitches. Looking good.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

29-10 (9-7)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#273
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,288
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,705

View Postadfalcon, on 01 March 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

We face the nationals for the first time in 2014, Bryce Harper was struck out by Teheran on three pitches. Looking good.
I'm tempted to watch Cards' Spring Training over the Mizzou game.
Posted Image

#274
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,212
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,029

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 01 March 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm tempted to watch Cards' Spring Training over the Mizzou game.
MLB At Bat is only 2 bucks a month, that's what I'm using to listen to the braves game right now. Gonna be at the Ole Miss Baseball game and will probably keep it on while I'm there, I don't care if it's spring training, it's still baseball.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

29-10 (9-7)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#275
UAdan

UAdan

    The Rocketman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,529
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,625
Tommy La Stella is 3-3 today with two doubles. 4-6 in spring training thus far.

@GoldenRebel I know Uggla is your boy, but I really want to see this kid in the lineup, dammit. He's got Matt Carpenter-like ability at the plate.
Posted Image

#276
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,288
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,705

View PostUAdan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Tommy La Stella is 3-3 today with two doubles. 4-6 in spring training thus far.

@GoldenRebel I know Uggla is your boy, but I really want to see this kid in the lineup, dammit. He's got Matt Carpenter-like ability at the plate.
Let's not get carried away here. :trollface:
Posted Image

#277
UAdan

UAdan

    The Rocketman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,529
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,625

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Let's not get carried away here. :trollface:

lol I'm not saying he'll ever have a year like Carpenter did last year, but his skill set at the plate is practically identical. Not much power, but the guy is a hitting machine, NEVER strikes out.

Unfortunately, I think he could hit .400 for the spring and we'll still see ole Danny Uggs out there at second to start the year.
Posted Image

#278
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,288
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,705

View PostUAdan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

lol I'm not saying he'll ever have a year like Carpenter did last year, but his skill set at the plate is practically identical. Not much power, but the guy is a hitting machine, NEVER strikes out.

Unfortunately, I think he could hit .400 for the spring and we'll still see ole Danny Uggs out there at second to start the year.
Do you have any video or anything on him? I can't find much.
Posted Image

#279
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,212
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,029

View PostUAdan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

lol I'm not saying he'll ever have a year like Carpenter did last year, but his skill set at the plate is practically identical. Not much power, but the guy is a hitting machine, NEVER strikes out.

Unfortunately, I think he could hit .400 for the spring and we'll still see ole Danny Uggs out there at second to start the year.
Uggla Is hitting .666 with 2 walks so far this spring I think, he is playing pretty well too.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

29-10 (9-7)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#280
UAdan

UAdan

    The Rocketman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,529
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,625
@Mizzou_Fan , Here's some video of him from the minors last year.

http://www.milb.com/...tommy la stella

this is a tweet from Peter Gammons from last November, just so you don't think I'm being a full-blown homer lol.

Tommy LaStella was a '11 8th rounder out of Coastal Carolina by Atlanta. Now, with a .550 OBP/g 690 slug in AFL. Now? Matt Carpenter comps
Posted Image

#281
UAdan

UAdan

    The Rocketman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,529
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,625

View Postadfalcon, on 01 March 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Uggla Is hitting .666 with 2 walks so far this spring I think, he is playing pretty well too.

Very true, though I have more faith that TLS could be a consistent threat over an entire season, honestly.
Posted Image

#282
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,288
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    4,400
  • High Fives:
    4,705

View PostUAdan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

@Mizzou_Fan , Here's some video of him from the minors last year.

http://www.milb.com/...tommy la stella

this is a tweet from Peter Gammons from last November, just so you don't think I'm being a full-blown homer lol.

Tommy LaStella was a '11 8th rounder out of Coastal Carolina by Atlanta. Now, with a .550 OBP/g 690 slug in AFL. Now? Matt Carpenter comps
I tried watching those but whenever I click play it switches to some PawSox insider video.
Posted Image

#283
UAdan

UAdan

    The Rocketman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,529
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,625

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

I tried watching those but whenever I click play it switches to some PawSox insider video.

Weird, worked ok for me, though instead of playing them one after another (like MLB's video highlights usually do) it only plays one video and then starts playing the PawSox vid.
Posted Image

#284
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,761
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,885
He's got a really smooth swing, love the talent our scouts find.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#285
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,893
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,863

View PostUAdan, on 01 March 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

@Mizzou_Fan , Here's some video of him from the minors last year.

http://www.milb.com/...tommy la stella

this is a tweet from Peter Gammons from last November, just so you don't think I'm being a full-blown homer lol.

Tommy LaStella was a '11 8th rounder out of Coastal Carolina by Atlanta. Now, with a .550 OBP/g 690 slug in AFL. Now? Matt Carpenter comps

He was a baller at coastal.



Similar Topics




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users