Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2014 Atlanta Braves Season Thread

* * * * * 2 votes

2262 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I see that the Braves are up 1-0.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, Minor lost his no-hit bid.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Reds are totally mailing it in
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Stick a fork in 'em.  The Braves are done.
2014 Football (2-1, 1-1)
9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The games have been unwatchable here lately.  Ugh.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Fire Fredi. Fire Greg Walker.

Let TP become the new manager. Drive to Texas and drag Chipper off his ranch and make him the new hitting coach.

Trade BJ. Trade Chris Johnson. I would EVEN entertain the thought of trading Evan Gattis to an AL team, as an AL team would pay a king's ransom for his bat and Bethancourt looks more and more ready. Clean fawking house. Even if we forfeit the 2015 season. We need to blow some stuff up this offseason. Keep the essential core guys like Freeman, Kimbrel, Teheran, etc. But all the fringe guys need to be gone.

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

2-0 (0-0)

Next Game: vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's been a terrible season, can't deny I haven't watched much...really sucks. My sentiments are covered by Dan as always.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 18 September 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Fire Fredi. Fire Greg Walker.

Let TP become the new manager. Drive to Texas and drag Chipper off his ranch and make him the new hitting coach.

Trade BJ. Trade Chris Johnson. I would EVEN entertain the thought of trading Evan Gattis to an AL team, as an AL team would pay a king's ransom for his bat and Bethancourt looks more and more ready. Clean fawking house. Even if we forfeit the 2015 season. We need to blow some stuff up this offseason. Keep the essential core guys like Freeman, Kimbrel, Teheran, etc. But all the fringe guys need to be gone.

I agree that we need to blow some stuff up this season.  In my mind, only 4 people in the organization have earned the right to keep their jobs: Freedman, Simmons, J Upton, and Roger McDowell (I'm excluding the pitching staff, which hasn't been the problem.)

I'd be willing to put Heyward and Gattis on the block if we can get some good value for them.  Wren needs to be managing for his job as well.  It's time to cut bait or clean house!!  Here's hoping that this lineup and coaching staff look drastically different in 2015.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Herschel Talker, on 19 September 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I agree that we need to blow some stuff up this season.  In my mind, only 4 people in the organization have earned the right to keep their jobs: Freedman, Simmons, J Upton, and Roger McDowell (I'm excluding the pitching staff, which hasn't been the problem.)

I'd be willing to put Heyward and Gattis on the block if we can get some good value for them.  Wren needs to be managing for his job as well.  It's time to cut bait or clean house!!  Here's hoping that this lineup and coaching staff look drastically different in 2015.

Can't get rid of Heyward. Too young with too much upside and he's the only person with a smidgen if leadership in him on the team

Bullpen needs an overhaul and we have got to find someone who can get on base.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We scored 2 runs or less in roughly 40% of our games this year and only won like 6 of them. So that's somewhere around 6-52

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 19 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Can't get rid of Heyward. Too young with too much upside and he's the only person with a smidgen if leadership in him on the team

I like J-Hey a lot.  I agree that he does have tremendous upside and would probably be a perennial All-Star elsewhere.  But I'm still waiting on his upside to kick in again.  He's not contributing as much as he could be.

To be fair, I'm hesitant to blame these players too much for the offensive woes.  I think the primary reason is the change in hitting philosophy.  It seems like this team is hitting for contact rather than waiting on the right pitch to drive.  It all goes back to that retarded trope that "strikeouts are bad."  I would argue that if a guy has 3 strikeouts and 1 hit for two RBI's, that's a great game for him!
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 19 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

We need a bonafide lead off. When Dion and Otis were leading off, we were unstoppable most of the time and when they did get on, you may as well given them a double. They were going to be on second one way or another.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users