Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Proposed Rule Changes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

Poll: Proposed Rule Changes (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What say ye SEC brethren?

1. Noble idea, good for the game (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Pure garbage, hurts the game (10 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 02 March 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Last warning, back on topic.

I didn't give my opinions on that particular matter any further.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 02 March 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

I didn't give my opinions on that particular matter any further.

Posted Image
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 02 March 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

So what if he did who wants to see 52-45 SEC championship games or get our ass beat in the NC?

We are the home of 7 NC in a row we didn't get to that with this bullPosted Image. We got there with great defense..

Well then y'all should have beaten Auburn.   All of this could have been avoided....

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 02 March 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well then y'all should have beaten Auburn.   All of this could have been avoided....

I can't argue with that Bama left way to many points out there and didn't execute when it mattered. Auburn had alot to do with that but you can't win leaving that many points on the field against anyone.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 02 March 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

So am I. As a Tider I'm excited because even as well as AJ and Greg played for us you're about to finally see 5* qb go with the rest of that 5* talent.

AJ was a winner that's a very unappreciated intangible for a qb but I'm ready to see some 5* arm throw it around.

Jameis vs Coker would be a hell of a storyline next year, wouldn't it

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Would be funny if someone else beat Coker out of the job though.

Posted Image

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 14 February 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

I find it amusing that a coach who is considered the best in the known universe needs a rule change.

By the way, the other proponent of the rule change in the SEC.

Auburn versus Ark.

Auburn ran 55 offensive plays
Ark. ran 74
Why don't you rewatch the game and see TOP and the short fields Auburn had all game.
Posted Image
Formerly known as Pork Rinds

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here is an excerpt from old SI article from 1969...... Nobody had a problem then and even some SEC teams are mentioned.

In the first half of the season the top college teams got off about 40% more offensive plays than the leading pro teams. Notre Dame averaged 93 plays a game; Yale, 89; Ohio State, 87; Georgia, 85. USC, with its ground attack, and Tennessee, with its consciousness about field position, still averaged 78 each. This compared with Los Angeles at 65 plays a game; Dallas, 63; Baltimore, 60 and Green Bay, 57.
"We are now getting plays off every 12 or 13 seconds," says Ohio State's Woody Hayes. "We are moving so fast I frequently can't get a play in from the sidelines. We'll hit 100 plays a game soon." This, coming from one of football's bastions of the conservative, makes it plain that something big has happened.
Quite naturally, all of this is driving the game's coaching giants goofy. Bear Bryant is sitting down there in Tuscaloosa with one of the best defensive teams he has ever had, allowing opponents only 10 points a game, but the Tide has been beaten twice and scared witless almost every week because it just can't score enough. And coaches with teams that can score try to score plenty, because they pace the sidelines knowing a two-touchdown lead is far from a safe one anymore. (Halftime last Saturday: Ohio State, 24; Illinois, 0. In the fourth quarter: Ohio State, 24; Illinois, 24.)
"What's happened is obvious," says Bryant, the master of defense. "First of all, due to the pro influence, there are more good pitchers and catchers coming out of high school. They all want one of those Joe Namath contracts. Then, of course, most colleges use their best athletes on offense, as backs and receivers. That's not necessarily true in the pros. They've got some of their best athletes on defense, especially corner-back. When the defense is forced to spread out, it must go to man-to-man coverage. But if the offensive boy—the pass receiver—is a better athlete than the defensive boy, he'll beat him. So you have to go to double coverage, and that weakens you against the run."

Edited by WDavE, 04 March 2014 - 01:17 PM.

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users