Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Proposed Rule Changes

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

Poll: Proposed Rule Changes (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What say ye SEC brethren?

  1. Noble idea, good for the game (3 votes [23.08%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.08%

  2. Pure garbage, hurts the game (10 votes [76.92%])

    Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1
bluelightstar

bluelightstar

    State Alum, UA Law Student

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,561
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,772
Surprised that there isn't already a thread about this (or maybe I'm overlooking it). The CFB Rules Committee is looking at two proposed rule changes:

1. The first rule would be altering the targeting penalty. If the targeting penalty is overturned, the 15-yard penalty is not still enforced.
2. Perhaps, more interestingly, alterations to the rules that allow HUNH offenses to gimmick their way down the field**. Defenses would be allowed 10 seconds to substitute and the offense could snap the ball starting at 29 seconds on the play clock. Snapping before the 10 seconds has elapsed would result in a delay of game penalty.


http://www.ncaa.org/...-rule-defensive
Posted Image

#2
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,472
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,700
  • High Fives:
    3,474
Leave it alone

#3
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,349
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,400
  • High Fives:
    2,192

View Postbluelightstar, on 12 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Surprised that there isn't already a thread about this (or maybe I'm overlooking it). The CFB Rules Committee is looking at two proposed rule changes:

1. The first rule would be altering the targeting penalty. If the targeting penalty is overturned, the 15-yard penalty is not still enforced.
2. Perhaps, more interestingly, alterations to the rules that allow HUNH offenses to gimmick their way down the field**. Defenses would be allowed 10 seconds to substitute and the offense could snap the ball starting at 29 seconds on the play clock. Snapping before the 10 seconds has elapsed would result in a delay of game penalty.


http://www.ncaa.org/...-rule-defensive

1. Well this only makes sense, not sure what kind of dumbass thought it would work like that in the first place

2. Saban has more pull than i thought, leave it alone

Edited by GatorHater24, 12 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.


#4
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,348
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,182

View Postbluelightstar, on 12 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Surprised that there isn't already a thread about this (or maybe I'm overlooking it). The CFB Rules Committee is looking at two proposed rule changes:
2. Perhaps, more interestingly, alterations to the rules that allow HUNH offenses to gimmick their way down the field**. Defenses would be allowed 10 seconds to substitute and the offense could snap the ball starting at 29 seconds on the play clock. Snapping before the 10 seconds has elapsed would result in a delay of game penalty.


http://www.ncaa.org/...-rule-defensive


Number 2 would kill the 2 minute drill... wait 10 seconds after every play... better throw it to the end zone every time that's your only shot.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

#5
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,519
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,857

View PostMizzouMark, on 12 February 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:




Number 2 would kill the 2 minute drill... wait 10 seconds after every play... better throw it to the end zone every time that's your only shot.

Good point. They'd have to change it so that there would be no penalty when there's less than 2 minutes.


But I don't see them adopting that rule anyway....though I'd like them to.

#6
bluelightstar

bluelightstar

    State Alum, UA Law Student

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,561
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,772

View Postcocky4ever, on 12 February 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

Good point. They'd have to change it so that there would be no penalty when there's less than 2 minutes.


But I don't see them adopting that rule anyway....though I'd like them to.

That's part of the rule. It wouldn't be a penalty in the last 2 minutes of either half.
Posted Image

#7
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,299
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162
1st one is great, 2nd one is awful.

#8
Matt

Matt

    NashVol

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,384
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Nov 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,514
The second one is dumb.  Defenses need to adapt to HUNH by building stamina.  I think that will also help limit the out of control size the players are becoming.  If a 350 lb NT can't stay on field because the other team is running the whole game that is his problem.  This would be like if the NCAA banned the press for men's basketball after the "40 mins of hell."

#9
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,932
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,956

*
LEGENDARY

Prairie dogging at the line by the offense should be banned.I have no problem with a true HUNH offense.

#10
UAdan

UAdan

    Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,297
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,346
I think the second one is terrific :trollface:

It's not like most teams even snap it before 29 seconds anyways. They just rush up to the LOS, then stop and look to the sideline like meerkats for about 10 seconds... all while the D can't sub.

Blake "The Snake" Sims


Posted Image


ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014


6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium


#11
UAdan

UAdan

    Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,297
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,346

View PostL.A.Hog, on 12 February 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Prairie dogging at the line by the offense should be banned.I have no problem with a true HUNH offense.

This guy gets it. It's not the hurrying up to the LOS/fast pace that bothers me.

It's when the offensive players do this:

Posted Image

Blake "The Snake" Sims


Posted Image


ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014


6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium


#12
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,177
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,559
Saban has control over the whole Posted Image, he pitched a fit about HUNH offenses and the league decided to make a change.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#13
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,932
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,956

View PostUAdan, on 12 February 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I think the second one is terrific :trollface:

It's not like most teams even snap it before 29 seconds anyways. They just rush up to the LOS, then stop and look to the sideline like meerkats for about 10 seconds... all while the D can't sub.

I think this is what they're trying to neutralize.No one seemed to complain about the true hurry up offense.

#14
Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,680
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Denton, TX
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    806
Saban is such a puss.

#15
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,932
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,956
Haha...






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users