Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Rashaan Evans and Auburn fans

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
To the few Auburn fans that actually think they're a fan base that is different from Alabama's or any other, you're dumb. We all have our bad fans, but this is just sad...

Posted Image Rashaan Evans, five-star linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., believes he made the right decision for his future when he signed with Alabama on Wednesday.

There are plenty of people who support Evans regardless of his decision, but every fan base has a few immature individuals who take the decision of a high school stranger too personal. Those fans vent frustration on message boards and or social media.

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

Evans has another fan base eager for the nation's top linebacker to arrive in Tuscaloosa.

"The support from Alabama fans has been by far the greatest," he said. "They have made me feel a lot better about my decision. They are doing nothing but showing me love. They make me see I have people who are always going to have my back.

"Kirby [Smart] always sends me an inspirational texts. He tells me not to worry what people are saying. He said to make sure once I get there just get ready for work.

"Auburn fans are saying I am going to ride the bench, and I am going to be like Reuben Foster. People are adding his family and how they are low-lifes. They talk about his mom. You wouldn't think some of them are human. I knew it was going to be horrible. You know it's out of hand when people come up to you saying stuff. People you don't know. People who are grown men."

http://alabama.rival...asp?CID=1608555

Edited by Tider27, 10 February 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The funniest part of the aub mantra is when they bring up Rueben Foster. You know, how because he didn't start as a true freshmen over a senior all American, he wasted everything. Dumbest Posted Image ever.

Edited by RodLovly, 11 February 2014 - 06:46 AM.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Alabama just has arrogant assholes that wanna look down their nose but have never had anything to do with the university. Most couldn't care less what Auburn is doing.

There are great Auburn fans really cool but there are also a buncha little brothers eat up with hate for Alabama. We have one here I don't have to tell you who he is... just follow the post there isn't a positive thing posted that doesn't get by him.... a lot of them are like that.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.al.com/sp...t_flyout_sports

I hate it for the good posters and fans because of the backlash. Flat out classless.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wow, just wow...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is why I have such a strong dislike for the recruiting process. It enables the kids to become self-absorbed/entitled, and the fans to become overly involved in something that they should have no say in whatsoever.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

UAdan

UAdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Having said that, the Auburn fans giving us grief over the Cade Foster stuff...shoe is now on the other foot.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That link made me laugh.

The kid and his dad made all the drama and now has to live with it. The Horror!
Just another business decision.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 11 February 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

That link made me laugh.

made all the drama by picking where he wanted to go to school?

spin it Davey
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

That link made me laugh.

WTF is wrong with you
Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

That link made me laugh.

Yeah, I mean a highly recruited kid chooses a college. He definitely deserves wishes of bodily harm from jilted fans.

#hilarious#totallyjustified.
Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Do you think the backlash would have been as bad if he didnt string each team out as long as he did?   I believe that was WDave is saying and only a retard wouldnt understand that.

Edited by AUskip07, 11 February 2014 - 10:07 AM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe he didn't know which Posted Imageing school he wanted to go to? Its hard for a hometown kid to decide to go elsewhere. Mainly because of pathetic assholes like these that make their lives, and their family's, a living hell when they do.

I wish there was a way to ban fans from contacting recruits on social media.
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 11 February 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

I wish there was a way to ban fans from contacting recruits on social media.

Agree with this times a million. I can't STAND when fans think it's their place to steer a kid in a certain direction. Get a freaking life.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

That link made me laugh.

You were the adult that said, "Why would you do this to me?", weren't you?

Posted Image