Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

lulz @ NAACP

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"In the Pennsylvania case, the state acknowledged that the stricter requirements mean that as many as 750,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania did not have an acceptable identification and could face the loss of their voting rights."

http://www.latimes.c...y#ixzz2swHT3tTW

This is absolutely about stealing elections.  It's garbage and you guys need to open your eyes to the lies.  Read up on it.  If you have evidence of significant voter fraud let's see it.  This is one of the most anti-american things the GOP has ever pushed.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 10 February 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Look here all you ignorant :lanekiffin:ing hillbillies!  Don't you understand that it's only by magic means that these people can get to the polls on election day, stand in line for a few hours to vote and then get back home?   There's no possible way that same magic can be used to get them someplace an ID can be issued!  The magic can't even be used to get them food and medicine so they're dying in place, locked up in their own homes!  It's just totally unpossible!

That's exactly right; except for the stupid magic part. These folks can get to the polls through grass roots, volunteer projects that help get a large group to a polling station on 1 or 2 days a year.

That same project is impossible to accomplish for all those folks on the numerous days it takes to get them to all the various government offices necessary.

However, more and more attempts to accomplish just that are taking place every year; I know because I've Posted Imageing helped organize them and do the van driving on a purely volunteer basis for various retirement homes, communities, hospitals, and out-patient facilities, after getting permission to take days off from my own full-time job to do it.

And thousands die every year just as you describe; as shut-ins in their "homes" with nobody to assist them at all... thankfully I've never had to drive the van that picks those citizens up.

Maybe if you bothered to climb down off your throne and help those less fortunate for a change, you might not be so clueless; but let's be honest, that's not in your best interests or the best interests of your party... and some folks just refuse to do ANYTHING unless there's something in it for them.
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 10 February 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

"In the Pennsylvania case, the state acknowledged that the stricter requirements mean that as many as 750,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania did not have an acceptable identification and could face the loss of their voting rights."

http://www.latimes.c...y#ixzz2swHT3tTW

This is absolutely about stealing elections.  It's garbage and you guys need to open your eyes to the lies.  Read up on it.  If you have evidence of significant voter fraud let's see it.  This is one of the most anti-american things the GOP has ever pushed.

#1.  If you have evidence that those 750,000 people can't get an ID, lets see it.

#2. If you think requiring ID to vote is unconstitutional, I'd suggest you read up on Crawford v. Marion County Election Board.  The key finding in the 6-3 case is that requiring ID to vote is part and parcel to a legitimate state interest in suppressing fraud.  Period.  End of Discussion.

#3.  If having to prove your identity to vote, is a violation of the right to vote, then having to prove my identity to buy a firearm is a violation of my right to keep and bear arms.  The left can't have their cake and eat it too....

Edited by nova, 10 February 2014 - 11:52 AM.

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 February 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

That's exactly right; except for the stupid magic part. These folks can get to the polls through grass roots, volunteer projects that help get a large group to a polling station on 1 or 2 days a year.

That same project is impossible to accomplish for all those folks on the numerous days it takes to get them to all the various government offices necessary.

However, more and more attempts to accomplish just that are taking place every year; I know because I've :lanekiffin:ing helped organize them and do the van driving on a purely volunteer basis for various retirement homes, communities, hospitals, and out-patient facilities, after getting permission to take days off from my own full-time job to do it.

And thousands die every year just as you describe; as shut-ins in their "homes" with nobody to assist them at all... thankfully I've never had to drive the van that picks those citizens up.

Maybe if you bothered to climb down off your throne and help those less fortunate for a change, you might not be so clueless; but let's be honest, that's not in your best interests or the best interests of your party... and some folks just refuse to do ANYTHING unless there's something in it for them.

Basically what your argument boils down to, is that you and your like are more than happy to help them get to the polls so that they can vote for your preferred party and their bullPosted Image policies, but it's too much :lanekiffin:ing trouble for you help them get an ID, or help with any of their basic needs.  Thank you for admitting what lazy, feckless pieces of Posted Image your side really is.  The only thing you really give two solid :lanekiffin:s about is being in power.

You can magically get your Posted Image together for voting, but for absolutely NOTHING else.  Makes perfect sense to me.  You take that left wing bullPosted Image somewhere else.

Edited by nova, 10 February 2014 - 11:51 AM.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 10 February 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Basically what your argument boils down to, is that you and your like are more than happy to help them get to the polls so that they can vote for your preferred party and their bullPosted Image policies, but it's too much :lanekiffin:ing trouble for you help them get an ID, or help with any of their basic needs.  Thank you for admitting what lazy, feckless pieces of Posted Image your side really is.  The only thing you really give two solid :lanekiffin:s about is being in power.

You can magically get your Posted Image together for voting, but for absolutely NOTHING else.  Makes perfect sense to me.  You take that left wing bullPosted Image somewhere else.

On the contrary, I give of my time like that all year, thank you very much... for nothing. I've worked soup kitchens, detoxes, food banks, etc., etc..

Try it sometime; who knows, even you might turn into a decent citizen and real American... because let me tell you, a citizen who embraces this country's ideals, does for those less fortunate than himself, and is a true American.

This country's greatness is a product of an internationally, culturally, and religiously diverse population fleeing poverty and oppression for a better opportunity, and a spirit of working together and lending a helping hand when necessary with a common goal in mind.

This country wasn't built by wealthy people; it was built by poor people, some of whom became wealthy in the process, after getting picked up off the ground in the first place.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 10 February 2014 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 February 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

On the contrary, I give of my time like that all year, thank you very much... for nothing. I've worked soup kitchens, detoxes, food banks, etc., etc..

-snip-
meaningless bullPosted Image

Do you want a cookie for it?  The truth hurts huh boy?  I'll repeat it for posterity.  You give enough of a Posted Image about people to get them to the polls every other year, but your bleeding heart can't be bothered to help them get an ID once every decade or half a decade.  You're more than happy to buss them to the polls so that they can vote for the gov't to use force to take what is mine to support your pet projects but not much beyond that.  You care about power and little else.

If you left wing authoritarians did half as much with your own time and money actually helping people, as you did trying to get the gov't to force me to help at gunpoint, there wouldn't be any people in need.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 10 February 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Do you want a cookie for it?  The truth hurts huh boy?  I'll repeat it for posterity.  You give enough of a Posted Image about people to get them to the polls every other year, but your bleeding heart can't be bothered to help them get an ID once every decade or half a decade.  You're more than happy to buss them to the polls so that they can vote for the gov't to use force to take what is mine to support your pet projects but not much beyond that.  You care about power and little else.

If you left wing authoritarians did half as much with your own time and money actually helping people, as you did trying to get the gov't to force me to help at gunpoint, there wouldn't be any people in need.

Nope, don't want anything for it, never have; just pointing out that I know what you don't and probably never will.

I give enough of a Posted Image about people to do a whole helluva lot more than give them a ride; that's just a single opportunity to give.

And yeah, a :lanekiffin: ing job prevents most people from devoting 8 hours a day to driving a bus full of people around for the week or so it would take to do what you ignorantly suggest. But people are still trying to do just that as we speak. What day are you volunteering?

And I couldn't give a rat's ass about power and politics; that's the forte of the filthy rich, selfish Republicans and their greedy corporate cronies, like the Koch brothers.

What I do I do for the folks who need the :lanekiffin: ing help; and I do it because I was once one of the people needing the help... it's called giving back, and I'm certain it's a foreign concept to you.

In fact, when I was too poor to provide any substantial monetary or vocational assistance, I still found ways to give; because as bad off as I was, I still saw worse all around me. I'm not even well off now, and I still find ways to help out where and when I can... what's your excuse?

And everything we do is with our own money, grass roots; and we have a lot less of it than Republicans, which is why we're always behind them in fund-raising... takes a whole lot of middle-class folks donating $100 to catch the $27 million the Koch brothers have spent since August.

Funny that you suggest we "authoritarians" could eliminate need by ourselves; that's what people like you already expect and count on... let somebody else do it, like the people who aren't that well-off themselves. Thankfully, and fortunately for this country, people like you make up a minority; or we'd already be another of history's former superpowers that fell to revolution because of the greed of a few.

So repeat whatever you want, but I think you've confused "posterity" with "posterior", which is where your best theories originate and the orifice from which they're disseminated.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 10 February 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has democrats, and those democrats have to be ruled by men with money. Who's gonna do it? You? You GatorU? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the democraps and you curse the GOP. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that taking those votes, while tragic, probably makes me richer. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, roots out voter fraud! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to take those votes. You need me to take them. We use words like "voter", "fraud", "ID". We use these words to root out Social Justice in America. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who is too god damn lazy to actually help the poor, and then questions the manner in which I grant welfare! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you take personal responsibility, and donate to a charity. Either way, I don't give a damn about disenfranchised voters!

Posted Image

Edited by SECorBust, 10 February 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 February 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

At what point has this association served its purpose anyway? I know this has been said countless times but we have a BLACK president..... one who, I might add was voted president in a large part due to him being black, how much more advancement do we need?

It's outlived it's purpose. Yeah I said it.