Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Chik-Fil-A still hatin....

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 08 February 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Bet you might have taken them up on a meal if you were stranded and hungry

Yeah, I probably wouldn't let shallow idealogical differences get in-between me and some desperately needed grub. It was a fine gesture, like I said.
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They did better than bass pro shop...

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 08 February 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I eat there a lot and I like their work ethic, but they can shove their religion up their ass.  Giving away sandwiches in a snow storm to stranded motorists is a PR wet dream.

And a massive cost to that particular store. It gives CFA as a whole some great PR, sure, but one store isn't going to see all of the monetary benefits of that PR. That store did, however, incur the loss of profits by giving food away.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 08 February 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

They did better than bass pro shop...

Exactly. Can't say that this is a "PR" move when other businesses/stores closed their doors during the bad weather to prevent customers from using their building for shelter.

Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even if the skeptics think it's purely a PR move, it still makes me sad to see that people can take the story of a company going out of their way to do something nice for others and spin it into a bad thing. I'm sure Chick-Fil-A knew they were losing profits with this, but I believe they were more concerned about offering help to people who needed it. That's the bottom line.

Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 08 February 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I eat there a lot and I like their work ethic, but they can shove their religion up their ass.  Giving away sandwiches in a snow storm to stranded motorists is a PR wet dream.

I'm not religious, but I really doubt their philosophy in spreading out chicken sandwiches was to force religion on people or get attention.  I rolled my eyes when the article started rambling about the company's religious background too, but I really don't think that store manager who probably really doesn't give two Posted Images about the company outside of his own store was trying to make a statement.
2013 & 2014 SEC East Champions!!!

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Eat there, don't eat there. They make plenty of money from their supporters. I hate the fact that this gesture ultimately goes up to gay debate. Yes the founders of Chic Fil A has stood on Christian foundations, but this just shows how one store owner did walk the walk. How much money was lost by giving away hundreds of sandwiches, and in the morning, biscuits.

By far my fav story from the snowstorm was the neurosurg who walked 6 miles to another hospital to perform emergency surg.