Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Michigan acts 4 years late on Gibbons rape

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

In 2009, Brendan Gibbons was a red shirt freshman field goal kicker for the University of Michigan football team. However, before his first varsity kick, he was arrested shortly after the Michigan/Ohio State football game in 2009, for raping an 18 yr. old freshman at a party...

http://www.washtenaw...s-for-rape.html

Brady Hoke had to have known about this as did RichRod before him, not to mention several others at UM....but they & the school waits (conveniently) till Gibbons' eligibility runs out before they expel him.  

Michigan is doing all they can to bury this story & it's not good at all -- apparently Taylor Lewan (that overrated tackle of theirs that will be drafted this year) threatened the victim with being raped again if she pressed charges to the point the police had to threaten him with being arrested so he'd stop. There are all kinds of loud whispers that he wasn't the only player to threaten the victim with retribution if she were to press charges....she still has not which is why Gibbons has been allowed to play out his eligibility & not tarnish the "Michigan brand".  

Hoke was forced to make a statement about it and his now questionable reasons why Gibbons was suspended for the Ohio State and bowl games of last season.  
http://sports.yahoo....603--ncaaf.html

Hoke used to be a funny caricature kind of guy to me but after this, any respect I had for him has turned to contempt.  I already didn't care for Taylor Lewan but this cements my opinion of him as human garbage.  In the end though, Lewan will go on to the NFL, Hoke & UM will continue to get decent recruiting classes and mediocre results on the field and Gibbons will walk free.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rape at these schools with enormous undergrad populations baffles me.  Surely you can find one that says yes?

27,979 people.. so roughly 14,000 females from the age of 18-22...
Posted Image

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStefanozz, on 06 February 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Rape at these schools with enormous undergrad populations baffles me.  Surely you can find one that says yes?

Not if you're the kicker. This was out of necessity.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStefanozz, on 06 February 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

All these rape cases are crazy. And i'ts worse than just being able to find one that says yes; football players at the major programs, even the FG kickers, are treated like gods and have plenty being thrown at them 24/7.

I think a lot of the rape cases happen because even though they're already being offered plenty, they want the 1 who won't be a groupie and give it up... and they aren't accustomed to being told no or not getting what they want.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So he was never charged with rape or convicted of it?
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama got raped by a kicker........just sayin

No insensitive.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Lewan part of the story doesn't surprise me. I watched several Michigan games this year and that guy's just a plain ole thug (don't get your panties in a wad, he's white).

Doesn't look good regardless.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

10-1 (6-1)

Next Game: vs. Auburn Tigers

THE IRON BOWL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users