Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Very good read on Rashaan Evans

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think this beat auburn really @HFS

McClain, Hightower, Upshaw, Mosely, soon to be DePreist, Hubbard

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 06 February 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

He would've played with his hand on the ground a lot. We run a 3-4 stunt on a lot of longer downs, with Dee Ford gone we would've have given him the edge responsibility.

I think Kirby and Saban flat out just beat us.

Turnabout is fair play
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 06 February 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Saying he was "at peace with his decision" makes it sound like he just told them to take his mom off life support.

Yeah, almost.... when Rashaan pulled out the Alabama hat, his poor mama was about to have a cow.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 06 February 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yeah, almost.... when Rashaan pulled out the Alabama hat, his poor mama was about to have a cow.
I almost hadda cow
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Y'all just need to hope he doesn't Rueben Foster it up (He's been hanging out with him lately...) and waste his talent away. The whole coaching staff face off fiasco at the party was a huge warning flag to me, so while it sucks to miss out on a five star LB, I'm not too upset to see him go. We've got people who want to be at Auburn instead.
He could wind up being great at Bama if y'all can knock the entitlement and attention whoring out of him (Or his dad... Not sure which was behind most of the 'drama'), y'all just need to keep an eye on him.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jesus.  

It's ok to be a hater though.  I was rooting for Auburn to lose to Carver Montgomery in the playoffs and Rashaan ran for a TD, threw a TD, caught a key first down pass on like 4th and 18 late in the game and sack ed a bunch of QBs.  Haterin is fine.  Watch the video.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=rricEY40N50

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He probably didn't complete any passes to himself though...

There's no doubt he's really talented, but I was concerned about his last 1-2 weeks of recruitment and how he handled them... Y'all should be, too. Saban needs to give him a heavy dose of reality early on so that he knows he has to work hard to play.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Seems to me Rashaan handled Rashaan's business just fine.  If you don't want your coaches at a recruits party then you should write them a letter.  

If Ellis had made a better pitch about him being used mostly as a blitzing LB then he would be going to Auburn and you guys would be happy as a pig in a poke.  Forget him.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 06 February 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Y'all just need to hope he doesn't Rueben Foster it up (He's been hanging out with him lately...) and waste his talent away. The whole coaching staff face off fiasco at the party was a huge warning flag to me, so while it sucks to miss out on a five star LB, I'm not too upset to see him go. We've got people who want to be at Auburn instead.
He could wind up being great at Bama if y'all can knock the entitlement and attention whoring out of him (Or his dad... Not sure which was behind most of the 'drama'), y'all just need to keep an eye on him.

You know, with you being a teacher, you would think you could understand the youth of today. I suppose we can mark this down anyway you want, remember it and paint it any color you would like. The fact remains it was only one battle on the recruiting trail and Alabama won this round. It just so happens he was from Auburn high school, his dad played at Auburn, and he was a recruit everyone in orange and blue was excited about...well except you maybe.

On to the next battle.

Edited by Tider27, 06 February 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

There it is... there it is....Mmmmm delicious
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

You sound like a blithering idiot. If you want to post stupid Posted Image, find somewhere besides the Bama board.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We'd really like to have him.We need linebackers.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 06 February 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

We'd really like to have him.We need linebackers.
no...
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 06 February 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

You know, with you being a teacher, you would think you could understand the youth of today. I suppose we can mark this down anyway you want, remember it and paint it any color you would like. The fact remains it was only one battle on the recruiting trail and Alabama won this round. It just so happens he was from Auburn high school, his dad played at Auburn, and he was a recruit everyone in orange and blue was excited about...well except you maybe.

On to the next battle.

You know, I haven't been a teacher in over a year and a half, and it's not a matter of understanding... I understand that most kids are entitled with short attention spans, inflated self-worth, and a center-of-attention mentality. That doesn't mean it should be encouraged or accepted. Even AJ McCarron said that their entitlement ticks him off.
I'm just saying... Reuben Foster was extremely highly touted and he had 12 tackles as a true freshmen. Given his antics, I can't imagine he's too happy with that amount of playing time. If he's who Evans is hanging out with, that could be trouble.
If I was a Bama fan, I wouldn't want Foster anywhere near Evans. I'd want Hubbard or Sunseri or someone like that keeping Foster away.

View PostRodLovly, on 06 February 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

You sound like a blithering idiot. If you want to post stupid Posted Image, find somewhere besides the Bama board.

Sounding like one is better than being one I suppose.

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 06 February 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

You know, I haven't been a teacher in over a year and a half, and it's not a matter of understanding... I understand that most kids are entitled with short attention spans, inflated self-worth, and a center-of-attention mentality. That doesn't mean it should be encouraged or accepted. Even AJ McCarron said that their entitlement ticks him off.
I'm just saying... Reuben Foster was extremely highly touted and he had 12 tackles as a true freshmen. Given his antics, I can't imagine he's too happy with that amount of playing time. If he's who Evans is hanging out with, that could be trouble.
If I was a Bama fan, I wouldn't want Foster anywhere near Evans. I'd want Hubbard or Sunseri or someone like that keeping Foster away.

Sounding like one is better than being one I suppose.

Go be a dick somewhere else.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users