Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

2015 Rebel Football Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
AUBURN Creekside (Ga.) lineman Marquel Harrell left Auburn without an offer Monday , but had a feeling one might arrive before long.
                           Posted Image Posted Image Offensive lineman Marquel Harrell is committed to Ole Miss, but his new Auburn offer is tempting him to re-consider things.
A second visit, this one featuring a one-on-one chat with coach Gus Malzahn, clinched it Thursday afternoon.

"I came down here today because the coaches told me to come down here," Harrell said. "They called last night and said 'I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I do think Coach Malzahn is going to offer.' I was like: Man, for real? I was shocked. When I went in there and sat down I had a big smile on my face because I'm sitting in front of the head coach that has been winning for a long time."
During the conversation, Malzahn discussed his reasoning behind offering the 6-foot-3, 296 lineman a full scholarship.
"We talked about what he liked about my film and my athleticism," he said. "He liked me being able to finish blocks and blocking down field. It was amazing because sometimes you don't get to meet the head coach. You go through the recruiting coach to get your offers. But to sit down and have the head coach offer you it actually means something."
Ole Miss was the first major program to offer Harrell earlier this month and he committed to the Rebels a short time later. Although he remains solid, the Georgia native said he'll be considering all options.
"It's a lot. I have to go home and talk to my parents and review the offer," he said. "I think I could see myself playing at any school. Wherever my parents think is best for me is where I am going to go."
Auburn plans to sign at least four linemen with the 2015 recruiting class and Harrell has already started building a relationship with lineman coach J.B. Grimes.
"He is lively. Real lively," he said. "He is energetic and that's what I like in a coach because I want him to communicate and interact with us instead of just sitting back and telling us to do this and that. I want a coach to move with us."
- See more at: http://olemiss.rival...h.MUJpRo89.dpuf

Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 16 February 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Gonna wrap up news on the last few days of recruiting, will attempt to try to do this once every other day. All of these stories involve recruits Ole miss is either heavily following or have offered. All information is taken from rebel grove and condensed down from a full article to a sentence or two.
DISCLAIMER: Just because recruits are listed here doesn't mean that Ole Miss has a good chance at them, don't get your hopes up.

RECRUITING TIDBITS 2/14-2/16

Christian Kirk visited USC and UCLA, just got a Bama offer and seems happy about it, his next two unofficial visits are to ohio state and oregon as he attempts to form his top 10 schools before his senior season.

Nick Wilson lists Stanford as his current favorite, Wilson has just visited Duke and is planning visits to Auburn and Florida State

CJ Sanders enjoyed his Tennessee visit, although one of his top requirements is good academics he said that UT's academics are rising even though they aren't nationally renowned like Duke or Vanderbilt, who he has also got offers from.

Ryan Bates has committed to Penn State, he loves the coaches and being close to home is a big plus.

Chris Clark, newly offered by the rebels, was just offered by Louisville.

CJ O'Grady was also offered by the Louisville Cardinals.

Jamal Jones is currently a Mississippi State lean, but he has also said that he would really love a Tennessee offer.

Tyler Black, fresh off of an unfortunate leg break, is now back to 100%. He is being mostly recruited by Kentucky, Duke, and Ole Miss. As of this moment, he said he likes Duke the most.

Deddrick Thomas' recruitment has seemed to blow up, as of today he says he likes Ole Miss the most, with a recent Vandy offer in his back pocket he has said that he plans to visit Mississippi state and and he said "after that we'll see."

Alex Ofodile already has lots of Mizzou connections, with his father playing football there, and in his recent trip he really liked Pat Washington. the Missouri WR coach. Missouri's staff really hammered home the point of Missourians having a lot of success at Mizzou, and he really liked that. Ofodile is currently a Mizzou lean after junior day.

2016 recruit Stephan Sullivan has officially committed to LSU, Les Miles really sold him the point of being able to play at multiple positions and being able to make a big impact in the bayou.

Sterling Johnson has received committments from Texas, Ole Miss, Clemson, and many other elite programs. He attended Clemson's junior day and has grown real fond with his local area recruiters, and plans to survey the stadium atmosphere next year in the south carolina vs clemson game.

Kyle Phillips is turning out to look like a highly touted recruit. He is in talks with Tennessee mostly, but went to the Bama junior day and came away impressed. Don't color me surprised if he is going to be battled over for a while to come.

Tyler Jordan has recently received offers from elite schools including Florida, and Ohio State. He recently got a Stanford offer and is really interested, he loves the campus and the way their football program is headed. He plans to announce his commitment before his senior season to avoid distractions.

Ugo Amadi is being pursued mostly by a trio of SEC schools, he is being heavily recruited by both Tennessee and Kentucky. He grew up with a lot of people who played at UT so he is comfortable playing there, he recently got an offer from Alabama saying they were impressed with his athleticism.

Chauncey Rivers has flipped from South Carolina to Georgia after the junior day in Athens.

Torrance Gibson looks like he is going to have a long complicated recruiting cycle. He plans to take many unofficial and official visits "starting up north and working his way down south." He plans to visit schools including Ohio State, Tennessee, Georgia, and "all the Florida schools."

Bry'kiethon Mouton has offers from Miami and Alabama. LSU, Michigan, and Tennessee are all close to offering, He made a visit to Baton Rouge this weekend.

Marquell Harrel, an Ole Miss committ, has gotten many offers. He said that he is solid in his committment to the rebels but plans to visit Mississippi State on March 6th, and Florida sometime in April.

Jackson Harris has received an Ohio State offer, he is really high on their school. He visited Florida this weekend and plans to schedule a visit to Alabama in the upcoming weeks.

Isiah Langely has received a Mississippi State offer, he doesn't seem to be too interested in the dawgs but is happy to get an SEC offer. Apparently he doesn't like the vast amount of injuries they have sustained throughout the season.

Keith Mixon has gotten interest from schools such as Alabama, Auburn, and Clemson. He said that he likes the spread offense, and visited Kentucky's junior day this weekend.

Quarte Sapp has a dozen offers, including Ole miss, and is planning to visit a few junior days to look at a few schools. He plans to go to Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee as of today. He has said that North Carolina is recruiting him the hardest.

Bowman Archibald has been offered by Bama, he talked to Lane Kiffin and really likes what he said, he plans to visit their junior day and the spring game.
Gonna just paste the important articles here instead of doing a bunch of little tidbits that probably mean nothing.
Torrance Gibson is extremely talented. He'll probably win the heisman. Think there's any chance he goes to OM?

Edited by GATORSFAN21, 21 February 2014 - 06:56 PM.

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGATORSFAN21, on 21 February 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Torrance Gibson is extremely talented. He'll probably win the heisman. Think there's any chance he goes to OM?
Right now it is too complicated, he likes a looooot of schools right now and doesn't seem to have a clear favorite.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Marquell Harrel has decommited, no surprise there, he is gonna enjoy his recruitment and take a lot of trips. Still think we can get him in the end, though.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Dion Ray is an athlete, and he is a really good one. In fact, he is considered one of the best athletes in the state of Louisiana. At 5-foot-10, 190-pounds, Ray has been clocked at just under 4.4 in the forty-yard dash, and has been known to make defenders pay dearly for attempting to stop him. He is quick and he is explosive, and those abilities have begun to attract quite a bit of attention to the Harvey (La.) Helen Cox standout.

Posted Image Posted Image
In the past few days he has received offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arizona State.

"It's been exciting because I didn't expect it to happen so fast," Ray said. "But I'm just happy for the opportunities and happy for the schools starting to look at me now."

He is appreciative and he is excited. He has been working hard for the opportunities, but he is also ready to show everyone he is more than an "athlete."

"Like every school that offers me as an athlete, I'm thankful for that and I don't have a problem with it," Ray said. "But at the same time I want to show them I can also play quarterback. That is the position I would like to play in college."

If he has to change positions to take his talents to the next level, he is certainly willing to adapt, but a few schools have already let him know they will give him the opportunity.

Austin Peay has extended an offer at quarterback, and most recently Arizona State let him know they too would give him the chance.

"The Sun Devils, I talked to him yesterday actually," Ray said. "The coach was saying I was a phenomenal athlete. He wants to see me go to his program, but at the same time he was like I will give you a shot at quarterback. He just wants to evaluate me in person and see me throw. And he wants to see if I fit in the system and then make his decision from there."

The LSU Tigers have also been in touch recently and the possibility of quarterback seemed to be an option.

"I talked to offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. They said they liked me as an athlete, but the same as Arizona Stateā€¦. I'll see on March 7 where their mind is at about where they want me to play on the field."

Ole Miss offered Ray as a defensive back and Mississippi State, who Ray said has been recruiting him the longest of all the schools, offered as a wide receiver and a defensive back.

Ray plans to visit LSU on March 7 and he does not have any other visits currently scheduled.

Alabama, Florida, and Duke have also expressed an interest, and right now, he is keeping all of his options open.

"I wouldn't give anybody the edge as of this point," Ray said.

Jason Howell is the Midlands Region football recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. You can click here to follow him on Twitter.

- See more at: http://olemiss.rival...h.zvxJjhta.dpuf
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good article on Arthur McGinnis, a very promising prospect.

METARIE, La. -- Arthur McGinnis recently picked up an Ole Miss offer, and he's currently gathering information on the Rebels.

McGinnis, an outside linebacker ranked No. 243 in the Rivals 250, is up to six scholarship offers and recently excelled at the Rivals Camp Series, presented by Under Armour stop in New Orleans. The outside linebacker from New Orleans Warren Easton plans to cut his list prior to his senior season.

McGinnis' current offer sheet is Louisiana-Lafayette, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and UCLA. With the Rebels being the most recent to join the mix, the relationship is fairly new.

"I've watched (Ole Miss) on TV, and I'm doing more analyzing," McGinnis said. "I don't know as much as I should, but I'm going to get that information and check out their campus. I know they have recruited well."
Posted Image Posted Image Arthur McGinnis
The 6-foot-2, 224-pounder recently attended junior days at LSU and Texas A&M. During his camp showing in New Orleans, McGinnis worked out at linebacker before a hamstring strain ended his day. He can also play defensive end, and schools are looking for him to possibly occupy that dual role.

"I see myself as being a hybrid," McGinnis said to Rivals.com analyst Jason Howell in New Orleans. "I can put my hands in the ground. I'm physical and I can go into coverage. Either one is fine to me."

When the time does come to make a decision, McGinnis isn't only worried about football. He has his academic future planned out, and schools that fit that criteria have a considerable advantage.

I want to try to focus on playing time," McGinnis said. "I know going into college I may have to redshirt, but it's most definitely academics, most definitely. I'm majoring in business. They have to have a great business program. That's what I'm looking for."

http://olemiss.rival...asp?CID=1614780

Edited by adfalcon, 28 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Been ballistic on here today. Sorry if y'all take the heat for it.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NEW COMMITMENT:
Jaylon Lane 3* CB, lots of good offers and he is real tall. Looks like a good get.
Here are his highlights

Edited by adfalcon, 07 March 2014 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We picked up a big 4* CB in Ugo Amadi.
Love him, huge pickup.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Terry Godwin, #1 athlete in the country and Georgia commit, said that Ole Miss is one of the few schools that he really likes and could get him to decommit.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Small recruiting tidbits:
We have moved into the lead for Leo Lewis. Negative recruiting towards us has backfired, Lewis was told negative things about Ole Miss from unnamed coaching staffs (MSU possibly) that have proved untrue through his numerous visits. He really likes Hampton and Treadwell, he isn't a lock but he is very close to one.

Jay Johnson and Armani Linton are suspected to flip from MSU to us.

Jamal Peters is an MSU lean, his mother doesn't like our coaching staff so that's a big problem.

Javon Patterson likes us, Auburn is a close second and the bulldogs of MSU are a distant third.

Malik Dear is on the verge of committing to MSU, he isn't a big priority for our coaching staff so this isn't a big surprise.

Fletcher Adams is complicated. His family is putting a lot of pressure on him to go to MSU but he doesn't want to. He prefers Ole MIss right now, but Bama and Georgia are right there. Expect some drama with this recruit.

We are still recruiting Gardner Minshew, but his speed is a major problem, his summer camps will determine whether we will try to recruit him or not.

DaMarkus Lodge is our big recruit we want, his social media is full of Ole Miss praise but expect us and LSU to go down to signing day with him.

2016 recruit Benito Jones is very high on us, and unless all of the sources I have seen are wrong he will be in Oxford in 2016.
Another 2016 recruit Javious Bardney also loves us and may commit before the end of his junior year.

Sources feel really good about our chances with TE Will Gragg.

We are working on 5* WR George Campbell, he is good friends with Treadwell and wants to take an official visit.

We are working D.J Jones very hard, he has offers from pretty much everyone and it's gonna be a tough battle until the end.

We are also working Jones' teamate David Mahaffey

Edited by adfalcon, 08 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4* De Clelin Feller on Ole Miss:
"'I really like their Land Shark defense,' he said. 'They play a lot of good, young players and they know how to use them. I really like the coaches, the facilities and all the people down there. I have friends from my high school that go to Ole Miss and they tell me they really like it.'"
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Quick quote from the payboards

Ole Miss has been by twice this spring to see Many, La., OT Garrett Thomas. There is strong mutual interest between the two camps. ...Ole Miss has offered Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., DB Damon Arnette. No word as to where the Rebels stand yet.

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, I like our chances with Malik Dear much more than I did a month ago. He really liked his visit with our staff at our spring game, and although MSU is still in the lead it's a much closer deficit.
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 29 March 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Terry Godwin, #1 athlete in the country and Georgia commit, said that Ole Miss is one of the few schools that he really likes and could get him to decommit.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tfslY_AvhLw

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users