Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Best TAMU Signing Day ever!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 15 February 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Sumlin was good at Houston but that is a whole different caliber of competition.  Week after week in the SEC is brutal.

I mean no disrespect to A&M fans,but I don't think we would be talking much,positively anyway,about their team if Manziel hadn't been there to usher them into the league.Sumlin needs to kiss this kid anywhere he wants to be kissed.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 15 February 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Sumlin was good at Houston but that is a whole different caliber of competition.  Week after week in the SEC is brutal.

He was pretty good at OU under Stoops as well as at A&M under Slocum.  We will see.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 February 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

I mean no disrespect to A&M fans,but I don't think we would be talking much,positively anyway,about their team if Manziel hadn't been there to usher them into the league.Sumlin needs to kiss this kid anywhere he wants to be kissed.

This is where I disagree.  Manziel change the trend to a steeper climb, but we could only have gone up.  Sumlin pulled in a pretty good class even before Johnny became Johnny last year.  The time period was probably shortened from a 5-7 wait to a 3-5 year wait.  That is factoring in the two years we have been in the SEC as well.  We were a dangerous opponent (at times) when we were getting the leftovers of tu and ou.  Now, we have reason and resources to be at the head table.  The improvement would have come anyway.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 20 February 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

He was pretty good at OU under Stoops as well as at A&M under Slocum.  We will see.

View PostFlea, on 20 February 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

This is where I disagree.  Manziel change the trend to a steeper climb, but we could only have gone up.  Sumlin pulled in a pretty good class even before Johnny became Johnny last year.  The time period was probably shortened from a 5-7 wait to a 3-5 year wait.  That is factoring in the two years we have been in the SEC as well.  We were a dangerous opponent (at times) when we were getting the leftovers of tu and ou.  Now, we have reason and resources to be at the head table.  The improvement would have come anyway.

You make some good points and I understand your optimism.  Have you seen the classes being brought in by Alabama and LSU?  You are in the SEC West where, for now at least, the talent level is unbelievable.  Like Bielema at Arkansas, Kevin Sumlin is in a very tough situation.  Auburn, too, is talent rich and well coached, as is Ole Miss, with Miss State close behind.  For A & M to make a power play in the conference seems a little unlikely, but what do I know. I was sure that Mizzou would suck hind titty in the East, but boy was I wrong there!  Anyway,  Sumlin is certainly no worse off than Muschump right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users