What 2014 recruit are you most excited about? - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

What 2014 recruit are you most excited about?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As usual, much has been made about how talented of a recruiting class we have coming into the program this year. I was wondering whose some of yall's favorite guys? For me, it has be ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton from Carver High School in Montgomery. He is a little short, under 6 foot, but he is mean, nasty, and PHYSICAL. As any LB at BAMA should be. Here are his highlights:

Roll Damn Tide.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cam Robinson, I'm ready for us to dominate at the line of scrimmage again.

I still think Cornwell is our future also, and will battle Coker this fall.

Edited by Tider27, 30 January 2014 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That is a damn grown man right there... Wait till Cochran gets his hands on him...
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not tryin to be an a-hole,but you guys need a dependable field goal kicker.Do you have one on hand or recruited?You have everything else.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know what you mean. For years I've been thinking; we get all the best talent... why can't we get a grade A kicker? Maybe nick doesn't wanna waste a scholarship? Idk. It has cost us big games. We have one 3 star kicker in this recruiting class, and 1 coming back on the roster #99 Griffith.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like Bo Scarborough (sp?) He was a big strong man in the under armor game.

This class is something else though lotta guys to be excited about.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Robinson/Christian Miller.

1 I think will be a huge playmaker for us in the secondary down the road is Chris Williams. Guy is a ball hawk and has incredible instincts. He's not really talked about cause he's the lowest rated guy in a defensive class that has 9 4*'s and 3 5*'s but I think he will be special. Could end up better than Robert Lester. Really look forward to watching him develop here.

Edited by Brah, 30 January 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Formerly known as T-Bone

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 29 January 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

Not tryin to be an a-hole,but you guys need a dependable field goal kicker.Do you have one on hand or recruited?You have everything else.

Griffith was the #2 kicker nationally when he signed. He's got a good leg and will probably see more attempts this year.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He goes after a top kicker every year.  IDK maybe it's coaching or that kickers really arent that developed in highschool.  I just hope Nick can inspire our guys to step forward and win, beat that next guy on the roster.  You get there and look around at how talented your team mates and settle into a role and that's wrong.  They have to try to beat each other up.

Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 30 January 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Griffith was the #2 kicker nationally when he signed. He's got a good leg and will probably see more attempts this year.

meh i wouldnt call it a  "good" leg,   its division 1  but nothing else
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 29 January 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I know what you mean. For years I've been thinking; we get all the best talent... why can't we get a grade A kicker? Maybe nick doesn't wanna waste a scholarship? Idk. It has cost us big games. We have one 3 star kicker in this recruiting class, and 1 coming back on the roster #99 Griffith.

I don't think that giving a scholarship to a kicker is a waste of a scholly. The kicking game will kill you. It is vital to have an excellent kicker. This is a weakness that we need to address, imo.
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 30 January 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

He goes after a top kicker every year.  IDK maybe it's coaching or that kickers really arent that developed in highschool.  I just hope Nick can inspire our guys to step forward and win, beat that next guy on the roster.  You get there and look around at how talented your team mates and settle into a role and that's wrong.  They have to try to beat each other up.

Yeah, you can't play football at Alabama and be afraid of the competition. You have to be willing to step up and show the coaches that you are better than the next guy.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 30 January 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I don't think that giving a scholarship to a kicker is a waste of a scholly. The kicking game will kill you. It is vital to have an excellent kicker. This is a weakness that we need to address, imo.

I totally agree... But i'm wondering if they spend so much time getting big name guys that getting a great kicker falls by the wayside.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 30 January 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

I totally agree... But i'm wondering if they spend so much time getting big name guys that getting a great kicker falls by the wayside.

It could be, but great coaches look at all the details. It is hard to believe that Saban, who is a notorious detail freak would overlook something so important. It doesn't come into play when you have a team that never plays close games, but you never know how any game will go. You have to be prepared for any possibility.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe when we play Tennessee we should just get into the red-zone and kick a field goal every time to practice! The outcome would be the same, you know they cant score on us :P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users