Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

State of the Union address

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I try to stay out of the political talk but was wondering if anyone else watched last night and wanted to hear some opinions about Obama wanting to raise the minimum wage to $10.10

I don't understand how this helps anything in the long run.. discuss

btw.. I cannot believe no matter what party you stand for he isn't run out of town for saying "I've got a phone and an ink pen"
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Basically he just said he's going to a lot more of our money to do the same job.  It only applies to new gov't contracts starting next year.

The nitwitted emperor has no clothes and the public is waking up to that fact.

100 years from now, historians will look back on this as the time the US was lead by the political equivalent of a used car salesman.  Looks good in the suit and talks real slick (with a teleprompter of course) but absolutely zero substance and leadership ability.

Edited by nova, 29 January 2014 - 10:04 AM.

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@NextYearIsHere

how do you feel about imperial king obama?

that cunt king obama has no constitutional grounds, but now hes more vocal in the fact that he doesnt care.

he is a criminal. he should be impeached. id love to see him tried for treason.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't listen to that dipPosted Image. It's pavlovian at this point because when I hear him talk I either leave the room or change the channel. I can't listen to him longer that sixty seconds. I didn't keep to my shot game last night but I have a feeling had I been listening I would not have made it to work today.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I didn't waste my time watching, but I did read that Congress passed a "Farm Bill" this week where 20% of the bill deals with farms and 80% of it is food stamp increases.

Yeah, I pretty much hate my country these days.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
“On Tuesday, the president of these United States called for an end to the ‘rancorous argument over the proper size of the federal government,’ so that he might move forward with his economic agenda uninhibited by ‘stale political arguments.’ It was an interesting moment. The president’s childlike faith in his own ability to direct resources according to his own vision is almost touching in its way, though when the actual costs are accounted for it is terrifying. The president’s understanding of how the economy works is about as sophisticated as was my understanding of anatomy and nutrition at the age of four: Lean this way and we’ll strengthen the middle class, lean that way and we’ll nourish the working poor. He doesn’t even understand the debate that he wants to preempt: It is not only a question of the size of government but a question of what government does.” – Kevin Williamson/National Review

Edited by KneesInTheBreeze, 30 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Actually, the latest version of the farm bill cut food stamp funding
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 30 January 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

Actually, the latest version of the farm bill cut food stamp funding

Not really, on the surface it looks like it cut it by a little, but there's a bunch of little things in there like the free money to buy from organic farmer's markets.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Which will never get used anway. Our farmers markets here are set up to take food stamp payments. Less than 2% of those in assistance ever purchased anything at any of them.
I'd rather they have to buy from markets.....would be much better than what they fill their carts with now
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd rather see the Posted Image cut period.  There's only so many times you can see people buy food with EBT and then pull out a wad of cash for cigs and beer.  We long ago passed the point where peopled expect their needs to be taken care of by others so that they can spend their money on wants.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 31 January 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Which will never get used anway. Our farmers markets here are set up to take food stamp payments. Less than 2% of those in assistance ever purchased anything at any of them.
I'd rather they have to buy from markets.....would be much better than what they fill their carts with now

You underestimate the power of free money.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://news.investor...e-a-monarch.htm

so congress is irrelevant and they clapped when he said he'd go around them.  What good are they then? What are ya'll doing making a paycheck, then?

Useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users