Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Jordan Rodgers rips Vandy on Twitter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 30 January 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

I don't know, I've been watching this recruiting deal pretty closely since before there even was an internet; a single 5* recruit can make a team jump 3 or 4 spots.

A couple of those teams at the top are in the running for as many as 4 more 5* and/or high 4* players. Some significant movement is not only likely, it's a certainty barring some awfully strange circumstances.

I'm not sure what you want; I said your class has definite quality, and it is undoubtedly legit... I simply said UT is almost done, while many others near the top are not.

Most of those 35 guys are picking among the same 10 or 12 schools, just like every year. A few flyers might get away where nobody expected them to go; but if 10 teams split the remaining top 30 guys, that's an average of 3 more blue-chippers per team... that will make some serious waves, and if 1 or 2 teams end up with more than their share instead of that average, they'll walk away from everybody else in the rankings.

I've seen UF land enough #1 classes in the last decade to know NSD can be incredible for hot programs.

Regardless, the class UT lands will keep them competitive, especially if they can land a couple of those in a row; and that's something UT has been lacking in recent years.

You'll have the horses, so there won't be any excuses going forward; y'all can expect to see positive results provided the coaches do their jobs with the raw talent they've acquired.

Actually you said UTs class was were it was based on numbers. What team has a realistic shot at landing an addition 3-4 5* commits? Keep in mind that there are 7 5* guys left. Florida St has the most commonality so they should jump us but outside them who is supposed to move? Odds are UT finishes somewhere between 5-7 worst case. There just are not enough uncommitted guys out there for much positive movement. It will take a couple of 4*s flipping from UT and not being replaced with 4* guys for much move movement than that.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 31 January 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Actually you said UTs class was were it was based on numbers. What team has a realistic shot at landing an addition 3-4 5* commits? Keep in mind that there are 7 5* guys left. Florida St has the most commonality so they should jump us but outside them who is supposed to move? Odds are UT finishes somewhere between 5-7 worst case. There just are not enough uncommitted guys out there for much positive movement. It will take a couple of 4*s flipping from UT and not being replaced with 4* guys for much move movement than that.

FSU could jump you with 1 more 5* player, that would replace a 3* player currently being counted in their top 20.

Teams currently ranked #6 through #11 could all jump you too depending on how many spots they have left, with the exception of Miami, who already has 27 commits... I don't think they have enough room to jump you.

I don't think you have a realistic idea of how much teams can jump by simply getting a 4* or 5* player to replace one of their 3* players currently being counted.

Is the class ranking really all that's important to you? Is it not enough that you guys are finally recruiting in the same area code as other SEC teams and getting the talent to compete?
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 31 January 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

FSU could jump you with 1 more 5* player, that would replace a 3* player currently being counted in their top 20.

Teams currently ranked #6 through #11 could all jump you too depending on how many spots they have left, with the exception of Miami, who already has 27 commits... I don't think they have enough room to jump you.

I don't think you have a realistic idea of how much teams can jump by simply getting a 4* or 5* player to replace one of their 3* players currently being counted.

Is the class ranking really all that's important to you? Is it not enough that you guys are finally recruiting in the same area code as other SEC teams and getting the talent to compete?

Finally recruiting? Are you insane? At worst we have recruited middle of the pack for the SEC. In the same area code my giddy ass. And we are done here. I am not in the mood for this level of ignorance. I would suggest you educate yourself to avoid the ignorance but it seems you choose to actively revel in it.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 31 January 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Finally recruiting? Are you insane? At worst we have recruited middle of the pack for the SEC. In the same area code my giddy ass. And we are done here. I am not in the mood for this level of ignorance. I would suggest you educate yourself to avoid the ignorance but it seems you choose to actively revel in it.

Posted Image Dude, you've shown nothing but blithering stupidity throughout the debate; what you know about recruiting would fit in a thimble.

And middle of the pack is what I said; middle of the pack ain't the same area code as the top SEC teams.

Hell, that's why reading Vols sites are always so amusing; because you'll always find dozens of threads asking "How can we be this bad with all this talent?", while fans of the top SEC programs and top programs outside the conference get this perplexed look on their face Posted Image , and ask each other "What talent are they referring to?".

If you ain't landing top 10 classes virtually EVERY year, you're entering a nag in a thoroughbred race if you're in the SEC.

And, using Rivals, let's just see how close to "middle of the pack" you've actually been anyway...

2013 - UT's class ranked 10th of 14 in the SEC. I'm no mathmetician, but 10th of 14 doesn't seem close to middle of the pack. Vandy had a better class than UT.
2012 - UT's class ranked 6th of 14 in the SEC. That's middle of the pack, but still a very long way from the top classes. UT had 1595 points while Bama and UF both had over 2400.
2011 - UT's class ranked 6th of 12 in the SEC. That's middle of the pack, but still a very long way from the top classes. UT had 1811 points while Bama, UGA, LSU, and AU all had 2200+.
2010 - This was the last time UT landed a class that was Top 5 in the SEC ; it was #5 with over 2000 points... UF's #1 class had nearly 3000, to give you an idea of how different classes can be even in the Top 5.
2009 - This was Kiffin's class that ranked 4th of 12 in the SEC; but only 8 members of it were still there 3 years later, and very few of them were the highly ranked players that made the class Top 5.

And I'm done with the topic, too; just watch NSD and you'll see how much movement there can (and probably will) be.
Posted Image

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 31 January 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

You haven't looked at UTs 2015 commits yet have you? One of the benefits of loading up a big talent heavy class is it allowed Jones and company to start devoting resources to next years class.

2014 UT 04 SC 23
2013 UT 21 SC 16
2012 UT 17 SC 19
2011 UT 13 SC 18
2010 UT 09 SC 24
2009 UT 10 SC 12

My God. We almost fell to SC recruiting levels for a couple of years.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin! So you have the talent supposedly but you're team was still pitiful? I'll be glad to keep our ranking and those past three 11-2 seasons, each finished with a bowl win!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Like I've been saying...you don't win on paper...you win on the field....and guys UT ain't been doing neither. Thanks other SECTalk fans for help setting the record straight. My Gator and Cock buddies

Coach Jimmy4Jimmy has set his place in history(killed it all in 3 days) and karma is a strong strong odor to overcome......and it's already happening, Vandy is on the verge of getting it's biggest recruit ever in the history of the school. PS will not win under Mr. Poach and all the crap he has bought into with the Shower Club.

UT fans , I wish you well, but like I said, I know the background of some of your recruits and.....well you can have them!!!...Hey and check out twitter and DB.....could he be coming back to VU or just saw enough at UT to make him sick already :) and start looking elsewhere.

Vandy going from just good to great now....AnchorDown guys
Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 01 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Vandy is on the verge of getting it's biggest recruit ever in the history of the school.
Who? Nifae Lealao?

Mentofresh

Mentofresh

Alt-na-Shellach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 01 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Like I've been saying...you don't win on paper...you win on the field....and guys UT ain't been doing neither. Thanks other SECTalk fans for help setting the record straight. My Gator and Cock buddies

Coach Jimmy4Jimmy has set his place in history(killed it all in 3 days) and karma is a strong strong odor to overcome......and it's already happening, Vandy is on the verge of getting it's biggest recruit ever in the history of the school. PS will not win under Mr. Poach and all the crap he has bought into with the Shower Club.

UT fans , I wish you well, but like I said, I know the background of some of your recruits and.....well you can have them!!!...Hey and check out twitter and DB.....could he be coming back to VU or just saw enough at UT to make him sick already :) and start looking elsewhere.

Vandy going from just good to great now....AnchorDown guys

Let me guess, some of our recruits are inconsistent in their football play so they are criminal thugs?

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
good for him. What utter bullPosted Image. I'd be pissed off too.

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Our boy Jordan has acknowledged his bad judgement and we have accepted him back into the fold.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ky is stealing msu recruits. Why doesn't vandy do the same? Not like you can't.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We gonna steal UT's ...watch:)
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 01 February 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Ky is stealing msu recruits. Why doesn't vandy do the same? Not like you can't.
Liked that didya?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users