Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



SkyWalker Set Free (Official Confirmation)

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View PostUK4Life, on 29 January 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

What are you guys expecting from him?

Not much right away; but it'll be nice that Pat has a backup so he can be a little more aggressive.

I'm hoping he'll bring some bona fide shot-blocking, too.

He must be a legit 6'10" or taller because somebody posted on another site the other day that he was on a bus in Gainesville when Walker walked up the stairs and got on, and he had to duck/crouch to stand on the bus. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#17
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View Postpossumslayer, on 29 January 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

link went tooo xhamster....

Just click on continue to site; it goes to NCAA.org.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#18
gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    300
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    289

View PostUK4Life, on 29 January 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

What are you guys expecting from him?

Just to play limited minutes off the bench as a backup for Will and Pat and to not look like a jackass on defense. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake
Posted Image

#19
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444
Honestly, I don't think this situation could've worked out better for UF.

If he'd been cleared right away and played all year, he probably would've gone pro after this year, and UF wouldn't have gotten as polished and refined a player.

This way, he's been practicing and playing scout team against our starters all this time, and will get some SEC and tourney experience before next season; and apparently he and BD have already discussed those options and he has concluded that he'll be coming back for a full season next year.

Additionally, with Harris coming back into the fold, what looked like some future front-court concerns for next season have now turned into some optimism for that group.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#20
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,448
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,924

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 29 January 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:


If he'd been cleared right away and played all year, he probably would've gone pro after this year, and UF wouldn't have gotten as polished and refined a player.

This way, he's been practicing and playing scout team against our starters all this time, and will get some SEC and tourney experience before next season; and apparently he and BD have already discussed those options and he has concluded that he'll be coming back for a full season next year.
I hope this happens for you guys. These frosh can be super fickle tho. If he hears that he's a projected first rounder he might jump at the opportunity.
Posted Image

#21
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View PostUK4Life, on 31 January 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I hope this happens for you guys. These frosh can be super fickle tho. If he hears that he's a projected first rounder he might jump at the opportunity.

Me too. Most of our players buy into the notion that Billy can make them more NBA ready and they'll need less preparation and development once in the league, and Billy certainly has ample examples to back that up, especially with forwards and centers.

I think Walker is also intrigued with the idea of again playing with a pretty stout group next year as a starter.

He'd likely be playing with Demontre Harris (who's looking to come back strong), Doe-Doe (who should stay for his senior year), Hill (his AAU teammate), Eli Carter, Frazier, Alex Murphy (Erik's brother), and incoming freshmen 5* Robinson, 5* Francis, and 4* Chiozza... that's another pretty strong team to get excited about.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#22
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,741
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,773

View PostPuddingTime, on 28 January 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

For the umpteenth time, Kenny SkyWalker played here in the 80s.  If y'all get a Randall Jordan are you going to call him Air Jordan?

Who?

#23
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444

View PostL.A.Hog, on 31 January 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Who?

:lol:  I think he's suggesting that Kenny Walker is/was as well known as Michael Jordan, and therefore a nickname that's been used at some point in the past is off limits.

Personally, I think 30 years since a player was in the SEC is plenty of time gone by to recycle a nickname, especially since the guy didn't carry the name on for very long in the NBA.

Unlike Jordan, who is the greatest ever, marketed his nickname for the most successful shoe line in history, and carried his nickname in the league for 15 years, Kenny Walker was done 5 years after entering the league.

Unless you're an avid basketball fan or a UK fan, you may not have ever even heard of him. I recall hearing his name, but not from when he was playing; I remember watching an old special on the history of the slam dunk contest several years ago, and he was mentioned in that.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#24
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,528
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,444
This is him; 6'8"... 7'2" with the hair.

Posted Image

:trollface:
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#25
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,741
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,773

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 31 January 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:



:lol:  I think he's suggesting that Kenny Walker is/was as well known as Michael Jordan, and therefore a nickname that's been used at some point in the past is off limits.

Personally, I think 30 years since a player was in the SEC is plenty of time gone by to recycle a nickname, especially since the guy didn't carry the name on for very long in the NBA.

Unlike Jordan, who is the greatest ever, marketed his nickname for the most successful shoe line in history, and carried his nickname in the league for 15 years, Kenny Walker was done 5 years after entering the league.

Unless you're an avid basketball fan or a UK fan, you may not have ever even heard of him. I recall hearing his name, but not from when he was playing; I remember watching an old special on the history of the slam dunk contest several years ago, and he was mentioned in that.

30 years ago would have made me 26.I guess I was more busy killing brain cells than studying Kentucky basketball...ha.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users