2014 Preseason Polls - Page 3 - SEC Baseball & Minor Sports Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

2014 Preseason Polls

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 27 January 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

I think a big part of the problem IS how big the Cardinals are. Everyone is too focused on the Cards, we don't care about how Mizzou is doing.

I remember when we swept #1 Florida at home a couple years back, there were a couple of Mizzou students visiting some of their buddies right beside us.  In the third inning of the first game they were talking about how incredible it was and how much fun they were having.  I remember one saying he wished Mizzou baseball was like that.  Point is, you have to build it.  Pour the money into it, have some success, give fans a reason to go, and establish a student section.  It's not that people wouldn't care, its that they've never had a reason to.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Feeeeccccckkkkk

@JohnRambo, you got me all excited. I'd already made plans actually with who I was going with and where I'd stay.

I forgot my damn cousin is getting married that Saturday.

Edited by JoeGator, 27 January 2014 - 08:48 PM.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 27 January 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Don't get it confused here.
I'm going to get rowdy and to watch us whip some ass!

Can you get me decent seats? Haha

I wish. I did have a hookup to some seats first row beside 3rd with a guy I used to work with but unfortunately he moved away and I lost contact. I only cashed in once myself in the Fla series a couple years ago.

Heck normally I just get cheap tickets and sit in the bleachers unless I find a good scalp.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 27 January 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I have seen high school stadiums nicer than y'alls baseball field, with how popular the cardinals are in Missouri I am surprised y'all haven't put more into your baseball program.
I mean, y'alls stadium only holds a little over 2K, WTF.
Posted Image

lol. The one sport that both OM and State can laugh at others and have a reason.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 27 January 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

I remember when we swept #1 Florida at home a couple years back, there were a couple of Mizzou students visiting some of their buddies right beside us.  In the third inning of the first game they were talking about how incredible it was and how much fun they were having.  I remember one saying he wished Mizzou baseball was like that.  Point is, you have to build it.  Pour the money into it, have some success, give fans a reason to go, and establish a student section.  It's not that people wouldn't care, its that they've never had a reason to.
I think it's a chicken vs the egg scenario.
Posted Image