Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Oregon Bakery the latest victim of gay marriage crap

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 22 January 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Marriage is not "religious." However your church decides to honor a marriage is protected, but marriage has a legal definition and the bakery discriminated.

Get your heads out of your asses. Live and let live.

where do you think marriage originated?

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Getting married on April 26th. My photographer does not shoot Gay Lesbian, GAlesbian, or whatever else people come up with; events.  He does not photograph them because he doesn't believe in that.  Hes had people try to come after him for it too. He doesn't care. He simply says, I apologize, I am booked for that day.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 22 January 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

I think there are more tactful ways to refuse service for sure.
Would be much easier on themselves to not announce they won't serve gay couples, especially in freaking Portland, Oregon.

Agreed. I think its more about belief and pride than just not serving them a cake.  I don't they really care to make a cake for someone but its the mere fact of who they would be serving, as in take the order, get the info, type stuff.  Im guessing anyway

Posted Image

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They are trying to make a stand, which kind of irriates me too.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
and if progressives really believed in "live and let live" you wouldn't be forcing me to accept your way of living. Live and let live means if my state doesn't want to acknowledge gay marriage, gun registration, and the like then don't force that Posted Image on my state.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bakery people prolly got pissed when the chicks gave them the cake topper with two brides on it.

Bakery be like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 22 January 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Marriage is not "religious." However your church decides to honor a marriage is protected, but marriage has a legal definition and the bakery discriminated.

Get your heads out of your asses. Live and let live.

Um not really. If my church says gay marriage is taboo you can't ask me to break the taboo.

Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All the gays want is attention.  I think for the most part, people wouldn't go out of their way to harass them or their lifestyle.  People think it's wierd when straight couples make out in public, it's not discriminating against the gays.  Just live your life and don't care what others think about it.

If I went to a black restaurant and they refused me service I'd probably call them a few racial slurs and then leave and not come back.  I wouldn't call the feds to their business.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 22 January 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

and if progressives really believed in "live and let live" you wouldn't be forcing me to accept your way of living. Live and let live means if my state doesn't want to acknowledge gay marriage, gun registration, and the like then don't force that Posted Image on my state.

This is the main thing. If its really about live and let live then they wouldn't force someone to do something they have such a problem with. They'd simply drive a mile down the road and get a cake at a different shop. But with some people they'd rather force other people to accept them, almost like it offers them self validation.

Just like with most groups I don't think most people in it are accurately represented by the most vocal members. The attention whores and bullies are the ones who give most groups a bad name. And I think the media contributes too, just for the same of business. If they didn't cover these stories every time they happened I'd say they would probably occur less often.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 22 January 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

This is the main thing. If its really about live and let live then they wouldn't force someone to do something they have such a problem with. They'd simply drive a mile down the road and get a cake at a different shop. But with some people they'd rather force other people to accept them, almost like it offers them self validation.

Just like with most groups I don't think most people in it are accurately represented by the most vocal members. The attention whores and bullies are the ones who give most groups a bad name. And I think the media contributes too, just for the same of business. If they didn't cover these stories every time they happened I'd say they would probably occur less often.

Which is exactly why people judge that group as a whole and not just the bullies.

The same with Afghan terrorists. Very easy to hate them because of the acts of a few. Is it right, def not, but it happens.

Sucks how a few pinhead people can cause so much crap for a group.

Posted Image

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think that by the time this stuff works its way through the courts, these discrimination laws aren't going to stand.  Things like photography and baking decorative cakes are on the face, acts of artistic expression and are thus covered under the first amendment.  It's well settled case law that the protections of the first amendment extend to refusing to speak ie you can't be compelled by the gov't to say something you dont' wish to.

On top of that, freedom of association should mean just that, in all dealings, including commercial dealings.

On top of that, again, it's not a good idea to screw with people making your food.  So sorry your wedding cake tasted like canned ass.  It was all a terrible mistake.

Edited by nova, 22 January 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 22 January 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I think that by the time this stuff works its way through the courts, these discrimination laws aren't going to stand.  Things like photography and baking decorative cakes are on the face, acts of artistic expression and are thus covered under the first amendment.  It's well settled case law that the protections of the first amendment extend to refusing to speak ie you can't be compelled by the gov't to say something you dont' wish to.

On top of that, freedom of association should mean just that, in all dealings, including commercial dealings.

On top of that, again, it's not a good idea to screw with people making your food.  So sorry your wedding cake tasted like canned ass.  It was all a terrible mistake.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll chime in.

First off this is nothing more then a cry for attention by the homos who started all this. All they want is attention and to cause a fuss over nothing. HOWEVER, the bakery has no right to refuse service based on a sexual preference. The first amendment does not allow you to break laws though, and discrimination against a person based on sexual preference is illegal. It is the exact same as if I had told black to GTFO of my stores. I would be shut down in less then thirty minutes. It was ignorant of the shop owners to do what they did and they should of just given some lame excuse as to why they couldn't make it.

Yes, the Homos should have just left and went somewhere that wanted their money, but just as the bakery has the right to tell the to GTFO, the Homos had the right to sue the hell out of the bakery.

LAWS that protect society as a whole trump RIGHTS of the individual.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Discrimination is not religious expression, the bible teaches to love, not to hate. Hate and discrimination against homosexuals does no good for anybody.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We need a heterosexual flag,ribbon and bumper sticker....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users