Alabama freshman cornerback Tony Brown pepper sprayed, arrested for allegedly threatening police - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Alabama freshman cornerback Tony Brown pepper sprayed, arrested for allegedly threatening police

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://blog.al.com/t...ml#incart_river

Alabama freshman cornerback Tony Brown was hit with pepper spray, restrained and arrested for threatening Tuscaloosa police officers and refusing to obey their orders, a TPD spokesman said Sunday night.
Sgt. Brent Blankley, the department's public information officer, said police responded to reports of a loud party involving underage drinking at an area apartment complex just after midnight Sunday morning.

They arrived at Campus Way Apartments on Helen Keller Blvd and located a large party there. Blankley said officers found probable cause to arrest 22-year-old Chavis Taylor for disorderly conduct.

Taylor resisted arrest, Blankley said, and as officers tried to take him to a patrol car to be booked in the county jail, a crowd of about 40 people followed  them and surrounded the police.

According to Blankley, the police ordered the crowd to disperse more than once, but Brown specifically continued to be a problem. Blankley said he was told to back up and leave the area, but Brown would immediately approach the officers again after walking a few steps away.

Officers warned Brown that he would be arrested if he continued to disobey them, Blankley said, and Brown responded by yelling threatening profanity at them.

The lawmen there moved to take Brown into custody, but he pulled away from them and resisted arrest. Blankley said officers then hit Brown with pepper spray, forced him to the ground and cuffed him. Brown and Taylor were both taken to the Tuscaloosa County Jail.

Taylor faces charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and booked pending a $1,500 Bond.

Brown, an 18-year-old, was charged with failure to obey and resisting arrest. His bond was also set at $1,500.

Both men were bailed out later Sunday, and Blankley said no further information would be released about the incident and arrests. Taylor was arrested in March 2013 on charges of theft of property, but those charges were dismissed three months later after he completed 50 hours of community service at a church.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The ole 'refusing to obey orders' charge is about as vague/subjective as it gets. That's something any pig cop on a power trip could slap you with, if he just feels like doing it.

I'm not going to fault Tony for anything until full details are released, though it does suck that he's involved in some kind of misdoing.
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Great article

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You can't fix stupid...
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
would read again.

i love the failure to obey a lawful order charge. the local county mounties use it once a week on the human garbage next door. turn your music down. no. cool go to jail loser.

Redacted

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If the police are called to your residence because of loud music, odds are strongly in your favor to comply with the request to turn it down and keep it down.  They don't like to come back and sure don't like some mouthy, probably drunk (among other things), 22 year old offering up disagreement with their assessment of the situation.

Crowding someone you know is armed and has lawful permission to put a 9mm hole in your own personal 10-ring is not a good idea.  Large crowds tend to scare policemen and scared people are more prone to shoot first and assess later.

Brown is an 18 year old boy feeling his oats and thinking he has the world by the ball sack.  I'm guessing he has not considered the ramifications of a wall to wall discussion with CNS about keeping his mouth shut and his powder dry.

I suspect that there will also be some friendly counseling about who his friends are vs. who they should be.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you dont have enough sense to back away from the police when they arent even concerned with you, then you deserve to get locked up.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Little brother keeping us informed of the latest Bama news never gets old.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good start, Tony.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll withold judgment until I have a few more facts, like, is English even his first language and does he know the difference between a request and a command; or, is he a disabled citizen with a hearing problem... maybe he just needs to pay more attention in English class or get his hearing checked. :D
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 20 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Little brother keeping us informed of the latest Bama news never gets old.

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks, skippy, for keeping us informed about the Alabama Crimson Tide football team! It makes it easy for us. :lol:
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
See, Lane Kiffin ruins everything
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wont say nothing. Josh Harve Clemons suspended again.  Hope this kid learns from his mistakes.  If not Auburn/LSU got roster slots.

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 20 January 2014 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He is from texas so I really didn't have too high of hopes.  This should amount to nothing though.  Stupid kid.  How big was the town where's from?  Cops Posted Imageing with you over music volume in a college town is dumb also.

Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 20 January 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Good start, Tony.

They're on top of it man, breaking Tuscaloosa news the moment it happens.

I heard ole boy was just mad because Nick Marshall stole his laptop.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users