Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

FSU QB transfers

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hardly matters. All they'll be asked to do is hand off

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://m.espn.go.com...856&src=desktop
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Inside the Noles program, however, Coker has generated some Bunyanesque buzz.

"I've never had anybody with his size who throws it as well as he does," said FSU QB coach Randy Sanders who's been around big-time programs since his days as a Tennessee player in the mid-80s with the Vols star-crossed quarterback Tony Robinson. "Jake has a really quick release with tremendous arm strength. Rarely does it not spiral or not go where he wants it to go."

Asked if Coker's arm is even better than Winston, the resident Heisman winner, Sanders paused for a few breaths before saying, "Coker's arm is kind of at a different level. Jameis has a very special arm, and this isn't any knock against Jameis, but Jake's probably the best I've seen in 25 years at throwing it."

Sanders raved even more about Coker's character than he did about his arm.

"A lot of times when you have a quarterback competition, the most valuable player isn't the guy who wins the job it's the guy who doesn't win the job because they have the ability to almost divide a team," Sanders sad. "Jake's done a great job of supporting Jameis and helping him in any way he can. That's part of what makes him a special player."

Lamarcus Joyner, FSU's star DB, compares the Winston-Coker dynamic to what Florida had with Tim Tebow and Cam Newton.

"You have two NFL guys sitting on one roster," Joyner said. "Everyone knows about Jameis. He's the Tim Tebow right now. He's in that light, but no one knows about Jacob Coker. Great kid. Physical. I'll never forget the day he threw an interception to me, and that kid came and hit me harder than I've ever been hit in my life. It felt like a linebacker."
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Scrimmage does nothing to clear up Seminoles quarterback race

Jimbo Fisher praises the play of candidates Jameis Winston and Jacob Coker

By Garry Smits Wed, Aug 21, 2013 @ 6:55 pm | updated Wed, Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:33 pm

Posted ImageTimes-Union
Florida State quarterbacks Jameis Winston (5) and Jacob Coker are still locked in a tight battle to see who starts in the opening game Sept. 2 at Pittsburgh.

http://members.jacks....lear-seminoles

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 22 January 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

I haven't been impressed with him, and I like people from Utah. :trollface:

Town should be the future, him or Cornwell.

Funny Saban stopped recruiting Brice Ramsey when Batemen committed.

Posted Image

Posted Image