Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Reports: Vandy to hire Derek Mason (DC @ Stanford)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 18 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Oh so Ole Miss is the destination point for most all coaches....CDM is no Jimmy

Payback will be nice in Nashville in 2014...welcome back ....3 trips to Nashville:)
Payback as in we will kick your ass in preparation for the Bama game that is coming up after that? Yep.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 18 January 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Payback as in we will kick your ass in preparation for the Bama game that is coming up after that? Yep.

We shall see!!!
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 18 January 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

We shall see!!!
Gonna be a hell of a game that's for sure, I also get an excuse to go to Nashville lol.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Coaches named Derek have a bad record in the state of TN
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 18 January 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Lmao Hogan, coaches leave schools, and Vandy will never be able to keep a successful coach for a long time.
Get over it, Derek Mason will leave in a few years if he is successful too.

I don't know why he would leave Vandy just because he is a success. They are interested in winning just the same as anyone else. They can always up his salary if they think he is being stalked by another team. ;)
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 18 January 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

I don't know why he would leave Vandy just because he is a success. They are interested in winning just the same as anyone else. They can always up his salary if they think he is being stalked by another team. ;)

The welcome the new coach rally inspired around 80 people to show up. You will never be able to recruit well enough to be competitive for anything beyond a 3rd rate bowl and the general apathy of Vandy in regards to sports pretty much demand any competent coach leaves as soon as the opportunity presents itself. There is a reason everyone on the Vandy list is either at the beginning or end of their coaching career. The last go around had no one interview with more than highschool head coaching experience. Its a resume builder and nothing more.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 January 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

The welcome the new coach rally inspired around 80 people to show up. You will never be able to recruit well enough to be competitive for anything beyond a 3rd rate bowl and the general apathy of Vandy in regards to sports pretty much demand any competent coach leaves as soon as the opportunity presents itself. There is a reason everyone on the Vandy list is either at the beginning or end of their coaching career. The last go around had no one interview with more than highschool head coaching experience. Its a resume builder and nothing more.

I think Vanderbilt is seriously trying to build on a better future for themselves. I hope they do.  They were understandably saddened by the departure of the coach they were feeling good about. Maybe they can regain some enthusiasm for a new one. You have to start somewhere. I think they are getting tired of losing games and when they see it doesn't have to be that way, maybe more and more people will get on board and they will have a burgeoning fan base and success to match. That is what I am hoping for.
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 18 January 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

I think Vanderbilt is seriously trying to build on a better future for themselves. I hope they do.  They were understandably saddened by the departure of the coach they were feeling good about. Maybe they can regain some enthusiasm for a new one. You have to start somewhere. I think they are getting tired of losing games and when they see it doesn't have to be that way, maybe more and more people will get on board and they will have a burgeoning fan base and success to match. That is what I am hoping for.

Based on what? Their fan base is non existent, the administration would need a decade of catch up at least in facilities. And in all honesty they are an academic only institution. The Franklin experiment had already started them back tracking off a loosened admissions policy due to the rape scandal. Its polite rhetoric to say anything will change anytime soon for Vandy, reality is Vandy made a choice of academics over athletics many years ago and that's not about to change.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 17 January 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Houndreds of hours of recruiting these kids

You should trademark this phrase.Well put about recruiting is hounding the kids.Well done.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 January 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Based on what? Their fan base is non existent, the administration would need a decade of catch up at least in facilities. And in all honesty they are an academic only institution. The Franklin experiment had already started them back tracking off a loosened admissions policy due to the rape scandal. Its polite rhetoric to say anything will change anytime soon for Vandy, reality is Vandy made a choice of academics over athletics many years ago and that's not about to change.

In that case maybe they are a little smarter than the rest of us. :lol:
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 January 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

I see you can't count or read.....Vandy is the SEC Team in the State of Tennessee now......Vols only SEC team in last 6 years without a bowl win....UT you are a has been and has been recruiting nothing but thugs....same type players Butchey had at Thugville Cincy.

Go back to building mailboxes....you got a brick layer....we got a Mason!!

Edited by Hoganknows, 19 January 2014 - 07:03 AM.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 18 January 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

I agree. I don't think they'll be championship contenders, but I don't see any reason they can't go to bowl games just about every year. They benefit from being in the SEC, and they can pay good money for coaches. Not a ton of schools that can match their pay, and coaching there will involve a lot less pressure than being at other places. Going to bowls every year is good enough, whereas some schools seem to keep coaches on the hotseat. And if facilities improve it'll just be more and more attractive. Like I said I don't expect them to play in SECCGs anytime soon, but they can be a decent football program

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 19 January 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

I agree. I don't think they'll be championship contenders, but I don't see any reason they can't go to bowl games just about every year. They benefit from being in the SEC, and they can pay good money for coaches. Not a ton of schools that can match their pay, and coaching there will involve a lot less pressure than being at other places. Going to bowls every year is good enough, whereas some schools seem to keep coaches on the hotseat. And if facilities improve it'll just be more and more attractive. Like I said I don't expect them to play in SECCGs anytime soon, but they can be a decent football program

Only two SEC East teams in final rankings the past two years....guess who they are:)
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hogan came out swinging this morning. He had some stats I didn't even know. Hope your new coach works out for ya. The vandy game has always been a good one with us but over the last ten years the idea of always winning it is gone. It is just a dang good game. Take last year, we had it won then in just a few seconds yall went the field and had it won. Then in a few seconds we went the field and had it won. wth? The year before, how many did yall score in the last 5 or 6 min to win? unbelievable. Our game is becoming made for tv very fast.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Vandy recruiting is in the toilet

Lets see if this guy can save it
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic