Hoganknows, on 18 January 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:
Yep, along with everybody else in Nashville or is a Vandy fan...read this just a short note from story about Coach Poach in the Nashville Tennessean:
As for Franklin, his change in venue requires a change in message. When he was at Vanderbilt, his recruiting approach was built around four key factors:
• Get a world-class education.
• Live in a great city.
• Make history instead of building on the history made by others.
• Play in the nation’s best conference.
Now that he’s at Penn State, Franklin’s message must be rewritten, to wit:
• Get a great education (Penn State ranks No. 37 nationally by U.S. News and World Report compared to Vanderbilt’s No. 17).
• Live in a cool college town in the middle of nowhere.
• Help return the program to its previous stature.
• Play in the nation’s fourth- or fifth-best conference.
Good luck with that, Coach Poach.
I was talking about you hating Mason in 3 years when he leaves....
But as far as all that about Franlikn is concerned...so what? If you lose any recruits now that he's gone it means they were more interested in playing for Franklin than playing at Vandy. And a coach is supposed to sell a school based on its strengths. There are positives about playing at penn state so I'm sure he'll sell them on those. We're talking about a guy who brought in good classes at Vandy.
Plus, this shouldn't surprise anyone. We're talking about a guy who, when he thought he wouldn't get recruits, tried to steer them away from other SEC schools. They actually cheered just as loud when they kept a guy from signing at UT as they did when they landed good players themselves. Isn't it obvious he would want to coach at a school where he'll see less competition?